5.0 out of 5 stars Would suck the teeth out your granny's mouth!
...Not that you would want to of course but this is a tough little guy with lots of power!

Published on 23 Nov 2011 by P. Stokes

1.0 out of 5 stars Was impressed at first - then it broke
This vacuum cleaner is not a let down, it has strong suction (it was pulling up the carpet for example but thankfully has a setting to adjust the suction.)
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by Thinker

5.0 out of 5 stars Would suck the teeth out your granny's mouth!, 23 Nov 2011
P. Stokes "Historian71" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73230 Anti-Allergy Compact Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - Red (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I have a Henry and as anyone who has owned one knows they are a big act to follow. My Henry is still in service however he is heavy and trying to do stairs and lug him up and down to do the upstairs is not good for the back. I had been looking around for something to be a second cleaner, although I don't live in a huge house it would make life simpler.

At first I thought the size would mean this would be less powerful, instead I do believe it has a stronger suck, it certainly leaves nothing behind.

With this you get the vacuum cleaner, the floor attachment, a brush and hose nozzle attachment and an extending pole which is very useful for tall people. The brush and nozzle are tucked neatly into the handle, at first I thought it would be a heck of a fiddle to get them out but they clip in and out single-handedly (which makes the job a lot quicker!) You can also adjust the pole meaning you can reach all sorts of awkward places. I have flooring downstairs and carpet everywhere else and it copes admirably on all surfaces.

With twin 9 year old boys, a dog (lab retriever as well, moulting machine!) and three cats this will be used everyday. Can't decide if this or Henry will be going upstairs but am tempted to get the turbo attachment which is said to be for pet hair - used the brush on the sofas and it worked fantastically well, even at the favourite resting place of one of the cats. I will be returning in a few months time to update this review after it has had the thumping this family will give it.

Tip: releasing the cylinder for emptying is very easy but remember which end opens or you'll end up with dusty feet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hoover, 27 Mar 2012
Hoover arrived very quickly (less than 12 hours after ordering with free delivery!) and has worked very well on its first use. The old hoover was desperately in need of being replaced, as this new one has proven - the cylinder was completely full after hoovering two carpets and the stairs, but I think this is a reflection on our old hoover rather than the capacity of the new one. Great suction and easy to use, although it is quite heavy for balancing in one hand when cleaning the stairs. Overall, very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, user friendly and adorable!, 19 Jan 2012
Miss "crazyminx" (Coventry) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am so impressed with this vacuum cleaner - it's not often I give a product five stars but this really deserves it. The vacuum cleaner is small and chunky and very light; if you're used to lugging around a heavy old one then you'll be walking on air with this! For such a little package though, it packs a lot of punch - the suction is super strong and makes vacuuming a breeze. All the attachments and fittings are easy to put on and off, and the whole thing is so well designed that it really makes a tedious job seem simple and unstressful. I don't have pets so I cannot comment on its effective with pet hair, but I would expect it to handle it well.

In addition to all of that, I have to say, it looks great! Very shiny and a beautiful colour! Well, why not have a cute vacuum cleaner if it also works brilliantly and comes at an excellent price? Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vacuum cleaner, 14 Dec 2011
Adamski (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using an upright vacuum for the past few years as I have lots of carpet and find the style suits my requirements better. However, for cleaning the stairs and the car I thought I would try a smaller and more maneuverable cylinder type. This Morphy Richards vacuum has excellent build quality and includes a metal extension tube. The whole thing screams quality from the moment you remove it from the box. Dust retrieval is fantastic and is as good if not better than my upright cleaner. The attachments click into the body and these too are of a high quality. Storage is a bit fiddly due to the hose but that is the nature of the beast with cylindrical vacuum cleaners. They of course have the benefit of being able to fit in a cupboard, unlike an upright. Emptying the dust canister is a push-button affair and the removable HEPA filter is easy to get to. Overall this machine comes highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars great it sucks!! lol, 15 Dec 2011
gadget girl "wifi" (sussex) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
great design , cool color picks up well and doesnt loose suction as it fills. has good storage for tools in the handle and cord rewind (always a bonus). the only thing it has trouble with is pet hair and thats why only 4 stars ,a rotating brush head would have made this lightweight number perfect for me if you dont have pets a great choice design and price

1.0 out of 5 stars Was impressed at first - then it broke, 29 Nov 2011
Thinker (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The vacuum can do various floor types and it seems quite happy with this, the machine is not small but not as big as our older upright dyson. The downside being with this style vacuum that it is not so tidy to store due to the attachments and tube/hose. The upside being it is lighter - albiet a bit smaller.
The tube extended to various heights so good for different height people using the machine, better for backs and the whole machine was reasonable light to carry, a little awkward due to the style machine of course. The quality felt very good and no replacements parts should be needed.
The canister has a good easy to empty funtion, and holds a reasonable amount.
the only real downside found was the hose did not go all the way up our very average size staircase, so seeing as you should only vacuum from the bottom of the stairs was not good for that job.
Over all impressed though.

EDIT- Had this vacuum a few months and it has been used about 4 times, (due to being a second vacuum), and this last time we used it, and it IS last time, it completely gave up the ghost! Just completely over! Very poor and so I am understandably changing my review to 1 star - the minimum. what a shame, I am letting you all know promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful...., 11 Jan 2012
Lizzie (Newtownards Co Down) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73230 Anti-allergy Compact Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, basically does what it says in its title. It has everything you would expect from a cleaner, especially at this price. It is definitely great value for money. Attachments which come with it are stored on the handle which makes it extremely useful to have them so close at hand. There are a range of attachments, including extension pole which is great if you are tall like me.

The cleaner is powerful and lifts dust and pet hair with ease - I have one cat, and will clean all the fluff from her favourite resting places and bedding. The cleaner will vacuum all different surfaces equally well and will go from carpet to tiles and lino with the flick of a switch. When finished the canister empties easily with no fuss and the cord rewinds into the unit for compact storage. Not as compact as an upright, but that's just the nature of compact floor vacuums and not really a complaint.

I've no hesitation in recommending :)

EDIT REVIEW 7/6/12

PLUMMETING TO NO STARS!!!!

Been using this Morphy Richards vacuum now for about six months. I use this as a 'second' vacuum so therefore don't use it as much as my main one. However, just switched on this morning to clean up the sofa and chairs where the cat normally sleeps, and it gave a splutter and a cough, coupled with a strong smell of burning and has just died. No power - has gone belly up. Had to put it outside to get rid of smell from the house.

Not recommended at all - should not have happened given this gets occasional use :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't even last a year!, 20 Feb 2013
Very disappointing. Although it looks very nice, and started off well (powerful and effective), after less than a year of fairly light use (pet free home, few carpets) it began to make a rattling noise, the suction weakened, and it smelled of burning. Our last Morphy Richards vacuum cleaner lasted 11 years, this one just 11 months. Wouldn't buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performing vacuum, 1 May 2012
I bought this to replace a Dyson upright which had fantastic suction but the hose for the floor tool kept splitting. I have been very pleased with the Morphy Richards vacuum - it is much quieter than I expected, very portable (it follows you around easily), it has a telescopic handle which takes the strain off your back and has very good suction. It is easy to adjust between carpet and hard floors too. My only negative is that the dust container isn't very big so you do need to empty it fairly frequently but this aside I would definitely recommend this product and with the great saving from Amazon it is fantastic value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but...., 29 Jan 2013
I liked my vacuum cleaner before it got broken. Fantastic suction, but after some time my Morphy started making some strange noises and lose it suction. I was cleaning all filters quite frequently ( me and my daughter suffer form severe allergy and asthma) so I know the failure wasn't because of lack of interest in filters. The motor become noisy and often a whole vacuum cleaner was hot! After couple of weeks since the motor started rumbling I have notice some sparks coming out of motor, and eventually that day my vacuum cleaner has died. I have to add than I haven't been using my vacuum cleaner every day because I have panel floor everywhere and a few small carpets That was strange cos my last vacuum cleaner from LIDL for 35 lasted 5 years and the motor still was fine!
I was very disappointed because Morphy Richards company washed their hands from a faulty product and told me that all claims for refund have Amazon. I have returned product however didn't receive money back or new product.
Over all it's fantastic product but something is wrong with the motor, because I am not the only one person who had the same unpleasant experience.