5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, looks great works great, very pleased
Arrived promptly as always.

Having worked in the electrical retail trade for over 20 years I remember the launch off the first Bagless cleaner which was the now famous Dyson DC01, you knew from the word go It was special, It was the cleaner that changed upright cleaners forever.
Every bagless cleaner will be compared to a Dyson, as they were the first to...
Published on 25 Nov. 2011 by Rob S

2.0 out of 5 stars Good on carpets, useless on hardfloors
The product proved to be good on carpets, with good extraction of dust.
However, its advertised that it will work equally well on hard floors, but it doesn't.

Published 13 months ago by guns

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, looks great works great, very pleased, 25 Nov. 2011
Rob S "Rob S" (Conwy, North Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73410 Anti-Allergy Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Arrived promptly as always.

Every bagless cleaner will be compared to a Dyson, as they were the first to realize you didn't need bags.

I have owned a Dyson DC 01, the DC04 and also the newer model DC07and have been a massive fan of Dyson's.

Along the way Hoover and Electrolux also produced Bagless cleaner, the first Hoover was the Vortex, which I owned, there was nothing wrong with the Vortex but the motor was mounted on top which made it heavy to use.
Electrolux joined the Bagless market just after the Hoover with a 1700 and 1900 which were expensive and In my opinion not reliable, they also had the option of using a bag which seemed pointless.

About the Morphy Richards, not a brand I have had much dealing in apart from Irons and kettles so was looking forward to see how it compared to all the other makes.

First impressions are very positive, very easy to put together, it a click in to place cleaner no screws required.

It is nice and light, less than 8kgs.

Looks and build are very good, very much It's own style, a good looker, a lot of thought has gone in to the build.

I love the way it unclips to make a smaller easy to handle hand held cleaner, you click a couple of the buttons and it leaves the main body behind, great for cleaning the car with.

I was surprised how good the Performance was it is very powerful, Suction was superb, no loss of suctions as do all bagless cleaner claim, I was very impressed.

Emptying is very easy, press a button and the bin is removed, which lets you take it outside to empty.

The cleaner also has swivel steering which makes it easy and a joy to use.

I am most impressed, looks good, works well, has lots of useful features, its like having two cleaners with the feature of being able to use only the body, I would definitely recommend you have a look at this before buying a bagless cleaner from another manufacture.

5.0 out of 5 stars An upright winner, 22 Nov. 2011
Alien937 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This vacuum cleaner may not be the prettiest device ever conceived but it's got it where it counts: ease of use and incredible cleaning power.

An issue with many upright vacuums is that often it's not quick or easy to use the hose attachment when you need to. Morphy Richards has solved this problem by having a separate handle and hose arrangement; just unclip where the handle joins the hose and you have near-instant access to the hose for reaching tabletops, upholstery, awkward places, etc. The main body of the cleaner can also be detached and carried around when the floorhead isn't needed.

When you use the 73410 for the first time it feels a little unstable - or "rocky" - but this is actually a design feature. The floorhead pivots which, combined with the handle's height, makes this vacuum very easy to manoeuvre once you've gotten used to it (possibly a Dyson ball vacuum cleaner would be easier to move about, but I've never used one).

The 73410 picks up even more dust and dirt than my old, more than capable Vax, and promises never to lose suction (subject to the required cleaning/maintenance). Its finish is a nice deep shade of metallic-looking red, the dust canister is easy to empty, and whole thing feels very solid and well-built. To top it all off, the manufacturer's guarantee is 5 years long once you've registered the product online.

Morphy Richards isn't the first brand name you'd think of when it comes to vacuum cleaners but they're on to a winner with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Excellent - Well Pleased, 22 Nov. 2011
Old Timer (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Morphy Richards is a very effective cleaner, and I believe that any purchaser is likely to be pleased with it. In my home it is replacing an aging Dyson DC07 that has seen many years of service, and it certainly seems a worthy successor.

Plus Points. The first two are the ones my wife most values.

* Excellent cleaning. The brush action revives carpet pile nicely, and powerful suction drags out ingrained dirt.
* It is fairly light in weight, much easier than the DC07 to carry upstairs, and is easily manoeuvred.
* The brush bar has its own motor, so no belts to fiddle with.
* The brush bar can be switched off when cleaning smooth floors.
* It is not horribly noisy. I cannot measure sound level, but it certainly seems quieter than the DC07.
* It is versatile, and can be configured as a (fairly large) handheld.
* There is a two-year guarantee that can be extended to five years by registering on the web.

Minus Points

* The canister could be bigger.

As many a Dyson user can testify, the marketing claim "never loses suction" is baloney. True, there is no bag to clog, but the various filter pads used by all bagless uprights inevitably become blocked over time and need cleaning or replacing, or suction is most certainly lost and the motor tends to overheat and cut-out. I hasten to add that after only two days we have not experienced that issue with this Morphy Richards!

Ultimately and in conclusion, I'm sure the test of any vacuum cleaner is how well it cleans your carpets. This Morphy Richards passes that test with flying colours, so end of story, over and out.

Update: After 4 months regular use the Morphy Richards 73410 still impresses with the fine job it does. I stand by my first impressions completely.

Update March 2013: Wifey still loves this cleaner, there have been no problems with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars how fab is this!, 7 April 2013
We have had 2 dyson machines now, neither of which have lived up to expectations and this is FAB! Does exactly what it says on the tin. We have a puggle dog (short ginger hairs all over) and a somali cat (clouds of grey fluff everywhere)and this machine just sucks it all up. Have had the empty the removable canister several times for each room but even that is easier as it will empty top bottom or bottom top. Removing the canister to do furniture or stairs is a doddle and works just as well.

Rugs and carpets actually look new again, the rooms smell fresh and I am on a mission to tell as many people as I can about this. As mentioned previously we have used the dyson pet vac, as well as the meile and panasonic versions and been very disappointed. At this price I was prepared to be less than thrilled but, as my husband says, if he had known buying a vacuum cleaner could have made me so happy, we should have done it years ago. Brilliant product at a reasonable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hideous, but effective, 28 Nov. 2011
Little Cat Voom (The middle of England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I know it`s shallow of me, but this is very, very ugly. I`d never even realised that a vacuum cleaner could be either attractive or ugly before, but this is more like a sci-fi villain than domestic appliance. On the other hand, that isn`t even slightly important, and it`s a cracking cleaner!

I like the light weight, I like the power; and I particularly liked the ease with which it all slotted together, as it all made sense and clicked together nicely. Due to its weight it can comfortably be taken up and down stairs, and it has a very lengthy flex too. It vacuums powerfully, and I think this is a good price as well. As with all - and I mean all - vacuums, the attachments are a problem, they have to be stuffed onto the handle to stay on and therefore it can be hard to get them off again, and whilst I think it`s easier to use a smaller handheld to do the stairs or the car, this is something Morphy Richards have considered and you can adjust this to be a manageable handheld device; but for a good stretch of carpet, including getting close to the edges, this is very good indeed. I like it...I just feel I need to cover it up with something when it isn`t in use!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy!, 22 Aug. 2012
We read the reviews of a number of cleaners on the Amazon site before deciding to purchase.

It took a few mins to assemble and the suction and general performance is excellent.

You are able to separate the dust container from the larger unit in order to clean stairs or crevices, which is really useful, but you do have a very short hose and if you are cleaning the edges of carpets etc, you have to get on your hands and knees to carry this out.

However, not a big problem, and as a testament to the cleaner, we will be buying a 2nd machine for our holiday home

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, 23 July 2012
It's lightweight and easy to manoeuvre. Much easier to empty dust canister than on the Panasonic I had. A bit worried when I first cleaned my living room carpet as there seemed a lot of pile in the canister and I thought I might end up with a bald carpet but this has lessened with subsequent cleaning.I have noticed that it doesn't always pick up threads from socks etc on bedroom carpets. A wider fitting for cleaning stair carpets would have been good. So far, I'm quite pleased with the cleaner and if like me you don't want to pay £200+ for a Dyson and need a lighter weight cleaner it fits the bill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vacuum!, 6 Oct. 2012
I have had my Never Loses Suction vacuum for a month now and am very pleased with it. Like other users I couldn't believe how much dirt it sucked out of what I thought were very clean carpets! It's light enough to carry upstairs without too much effort and is very easy to manouver around the furniture. It seems a bit wobbly at first until you get used to it but this is what makes it easy to navigate. Emptying is simple, the clear container lets you see when it's getting full so no chance of over-filling. All in all a very good product and I'm very happy with it. It arrived a day before I expected it so thank you Amazon for such a good service!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good on carpets, useless on hardfloors, 10 Feb. 2014
The product proved to be good on carpets, with good extraction of dust.

It picks up dirt on hard floors like a normal sweeping broom!, it doesn't have the "vacuumed" effect after vacuuming a hard floor, I mean, when I use my old vacuum cleaner and walk on the hard floor bare footed, i can feel that all dust is gone,
but not with this one, it only picks visible tiny bits from the floor, it is not sucking enough!.

Then the larger problem is, this one does not pick anything that is larger than 1mm thick. I have a 2.5 year old, so the stuff like corn flakes, biscuit bits and rice puffs are a common scenario, but this vacuum cleaner just push them. My previous one sucked them in, or it was easier to lift the handle and move over larger pieces, with this one, its kind of impossible to move the vacuum over the large bits because its not easy to lift, and even after you place the vacuum cleaner directly above the larger bits, they dont get sucked in most of the time.

Then, its horrible to reach under the sofa's and beds. Yes, you can detach the thing and use as shown in the guide and the box, but the reach is extremely small, simply the handle and the bulky motor has a very short distance.

Then comes the power code which always gets in your way of vacuuming. I am used to a one which had this power code winder which stores the power code so i could extend it only sufficiently for small rooms, with this one, that option is out and the long power code becomes an annoying hindrance.

For the good points, it did a reasonably good job with the carpets. So will keep it for the carpets, but I have to look around for another one for hard floors unfortunately.

4.0 out of 5 stars fab vacuum, 1 Oct. 2012
Great buy , delivery was fast
perfect for my house which has hard floor and carpet.
Turns into cylinder for stairs which makes it loads easier.
Bit loud and takes a while to figure everything out and wish the extension hoose was thinner but great value vacuum.