on 7 February 2012
We saw this vacuum cleaner being demonstrated on another shopping channel and thought it looked and sounded perfect for our requirements (pet dog).
I decided to look at Amazon to see if it was available through them and it was (at a lesser price even with the postage included).
So we purchased it through Amazon to make the saving, it was delivered well within the time frame given at point of purchase.
Very easy assembly and easy to follow instructions.We could not believe how good it was, we vacuumed our living room carpet with our old vacuum (only 2yrs old and a well respected make)then we went over again with the Morphy Richards Never loses Suction and just could not believe what it picked up that had been left by our previous vacuum cleaner.
It is a must buy for anyone who has a pet in the house and a really great price, why pay for other makes at stupid prices when you can get the same result or even better and saving your hard earned cash in the process..
on 27 April 2012
This replaced my ageing Dyson DCO3. The Morphy Richards has more powerful suction but a smaller head so it does not cover quite as big an area in a single sweep. The power lead is low on the machine compared to the Dyson and has to be held up with the handle to stop it constantly being run over by the machine. The one real weakness in the Morphy Richards is the hose when used with the attachments. The Dyson hose extended a long way but the MR does not and the angle it goes into the handle causes problems if you try and stretch it to get more reach. It is a good job that the suction unit detaches so that it can be lifted near to where you want to use the attachments.

The MR design is interesting and it looks futuristic but to go under low furniture you have to remove the suction unit.

There are drawbacks to the machine in my view but it has a very strong performance for the price and the saving over a Dyson is impressive. I was looking at a Pansonic machine but decided against that because filters need annual replacement. With the MR like my old Dyson you can wash the filters.

Update July 2012.
The drive belt which operates the beater bar snapped and I telephoned MR to order a replacement. I was told that they did not stock the belt as a replacement item and could not therefore supply it. When I asked where this left me I was told to return the machine to Amazon as they had responsibilty for the first year guarantee.

I spoke to Amazon who were extremely helpful and immediately dispatched a replacement machine and gave me a link to print a free post label for return of the old machine within 30 days. I live in Portugal. I emailed MR to follow the matter up and I received a reply which stated that the belt was not a part that could be supplied and trotted out some routine claptrap about quality control and the reliability of their products. I went back to say that this was not a satisfactory answer and did not address the point I had raised. Their classic reply was
"Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear of the disappointment with our response, unfortunately we can only reiterate what was previously advised.

Kind regards

Jenny Russell
Consumer Engagement Centre"

When I went back saying how ridiculous it was to say that a drive belt was not a replacement part as they listed belts for other machines and to question why they could not supply this in any event I received the following reply
"
Thank you for your reply. The belt is available where the design of the product allows for the replacement of the belt.

The model 73411 has not been designed in this way and does not use a belt that can be replaced like other models. Therefore, we have advised you as previously stated. Should you be unhappy with the design of the product, we would ask that you take your enquiry up with Amazon.

We trust this information is of assistance

Kind regards

Jenny Russell
Consumer Engagement Centre "

Beware the beater bar catching on any loose carpet since the toothed drive belt will snap and cannot be replaced. The smooth type of drive belt found in many cleaners will slip but the MR system used a toothed belt and cog wheels which cannot slip and therefore the belt snaps. The belt is easy to replace but since they don't supply spare belts this is obviously a design flaw. Rather than acknowledge address the issue, however, they suggest I take it up with Amazon.What a hopeless shower. A good product but in view of the attitude taken by MR the drive belt system is a significant achilles heel which could not be overcome when the machines is out of warranty.
3434 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 28 February 2012
The Dyson Animal was always my favorite Vac, but this chappy is sturdier, lighter and has better edge performance and for less than half the price.

Excellent product at a price that may mislead you to think it could be inferior, it is not, 9/10
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 December 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Apologies for the snobbery but I've never really thought of Morphy Richards as providing innovative products but rather standard reliable usable tools. This vacuum cleaner, however, is both well designed and usable, as well as being remarkably lightweight as a result of its design.
It comes in parts which you have to put together - very easy to do, with or without the instructions. The vacuum works in two modes: floor brush (a standard vertical vacuum cleaner) and then using the hand hose with the various attachments. What's unusual is that as a variation of the hand hose mode, you can take the dust compartment (with suction motor) and suction pipe tool and suddenly who have a very lightweight easy to use vacuum cleaner, eg. for stairs. The suction technology is cyclone, fairly common nowadays and certainly I had no complaints with its operation. One other thing I liked was the way the base twists as you use it in floor-brush mode - it takes a little getting used to but actually it's much more controllable than the traditional vacuum.

Definitely recommended, surprisingly good.
on 13 February 2012
having purchased many many vacuum cleaners ,i have at last found one that actually does everything !!!they say it will! i cant praise it enough very easy to assemble and use the stairs are now easy to clean. i definately recommend this vacuum...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Over the years I reckon I've tried just about every brand of vacuum there is in my efforts to find one that really lives up to its promises. I've finally found one that does just that!! I am SO pleased with this Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73411 vac. I have 2 large, hairy german shepherd dogs, and 4 cats - all of whom moult at some time or other - and have 'killed' many a vacuum cleaner trying to stay on top of the hairs!! This one is great!! It gets the hairs up first go - without me having to tease them up out of the carpet fibres. It is lightweight, very easy to manipulate (having swivel steering so that you don't have to heave it round the house), is quiet, quick, and is very easy to maintain/empty. It's suitable for use on all types of flooring, and best of all I think, it has a very long lead, so no more plugging/unplugging from room to room, saving me time and temper!! I don't know whether it does actually never lose suction, as I haven't had it very long, but hopefully, it won't. Judging by what I've experienced with it so far, it's very powerful, so I actually do believe what it claims. We'll see, and I'll update my review in a while accordingly. For me, this is a truly great product, helping me to keep my home hair-free and is easy on the eye and the temper!! Very Highly Recommended!!
on 3 January 2014
After pondering and thinking hard about this MR product and reading the negative reviews,in my mind quite honest opinions I did go ahead with the purchase. The main thing I was worried about, the drive belt not being a replacement part did put me off until the advice of one of the reviewers to where I could get a replacement belt on line. I found the MR 73411 is without doubt the best Vacuum Cleaner I have ever had, and I've had quite a few over the years. The way the Cleaner breaks down into three separate tools is so easy and helpful to keep our home spotless despite having two tabby cats that find it fun to tear their hair out all over the rugs and carpet when grooming.

Doing the stairs is again so easy, and holding the separate unit makes it very lightweight. Having a narrow brush head makes it easier to negotiate around the house and under the dining table. One reviewer remarked that as the cable comes out from the bottom of the cleaner it makes it hard to avoid getting the brush running over it. There is a clip on top of the cleaner where you can place the cable in, saying that, I can't remember any of my past cleaners where I didn't have to hold the cable in my hands whilst vacuuming. Emptying the cleaner is very easy with two separate buttons top and bottom when required. The extra long cable is a boon for me, I don't have to keep seeking out another socket to plug in to all the time.

All in all I have been very pleased indeed with results, power and useability of the MR 73411 and at the price I paid, very good value.
on 27 July 2012
We've been faithful users of Dysons since the DC 01, which is still on light duties in the bedrooms, but have had a succession of ever worse `improved` models. They have more than enough power but are completely lacking in user friendliness. It has got to the state where we actively hate the latest one.
After persisting with it for six months, I saw this Morphy Richards and the design appeared to be really well thought out - with the user in mind, not the designers ego.
It only arrived today so this isn't an in depth review, but I'm really impressed with the thought which has gone into it. I assembled it it a few minutes without using the instruction booklet, which incidentally uses words and pictures instead of hieroglyphics and big arrows.
The various latches and catches have their function written on, the three position switch says what it does (carpets, hard floors and off)
The concept of lifting the motor/dust container off the floor unit is brilliant; it converts an upright vacuum cleaner into a hand held machine. The floor beaters have their own motor which automatically plugs in to the main motor.
The floor unit is quite small but very effective; it goes under and between places where that yellow thing couldn't go and the pivoting function works very well. I thought that it may be just a bit if a gimmick but it really makes life easier.
The noise level is reasonable and doesn't have that jet engine whine which was almost painful on it's predecessor.
A recurrent complaint on the conventional upright was that the hose would either pull the machine up to you, or it would cause it to fall over. This isn't a problem with the hand held option.
I contacted Morphy Richards three times with various queries, each time they replied the next day.
The price was the only thing which made me reluctant to buy it as it seems to be too cheap! However it's got a five year guarantee and Morphy Richards is a long established reputable company.
I can usually find something to complain about - in desperation the only thing I could find was the expanded polystyrene packaging.
The designers of this product really deserve congratulating as they seem to have listened to what the customer wants and have come up with a winner.
on 27 February 2012
Wow! Never again will I buy a Dyson!

Before buying this Morphy Richards 73411, I owned the Dyson DC24 multi floor but this MR nifty little machine in comparison is fantastic! It has a much bigger dirt canister, which is detachable for ultra light weight portability! Which is great for stairs or if you need to lift the machine for higher hard to reach areas also handy for the car! It has a really long power cable and several different attachment tools! I think this actually has much better suction than the Dyson, hence the never loose suction feature. The Dyson's suction when using the hose was really awful, didn't really pick anything up. The MR still has the washable filters like the Dyson so no need to keep shelling out on replacement filters! It also has swivel steering which mimics the Dyson's 'ball' manoeuvrability feature.

In my opinion Morphy Richard have done themselves proud and I'd recommend this vacuum cleaner to anyone looking to purchase a new one! Save yourself a few £100...don't bother with the Dyson and get yourself which is actually a better machine for less than half the price!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 22 March 2012
Only just got our new vac so its early days yet.
BUT its brilliant. I was never impressed with our Dyson and always thought them to be over rated. Now I know its true. We vacuumed the lounge carpet with the Dyson first to (supposedly) remove all the dog hairs. Then we did it with the new 73411 and just couldn't believe the amount of further hair that came out. Its easy to use and almost pulls itself along. It also fits under furniture and radiators easily. As I say its early days yet but if it continues like this it will be a super little machine.