5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely watch
Purchased from an Amazon seller based in Luxembourg and it arrived by courier within 48 hours! I was originally going to buy a cheaper Wenger watch as I needed something I could wear with confidence every day but when I realised this model was reduced from £350 to £270 for a short period I decided to purchase this one instead.

Received my watch yesterday and...
Published 22 months ago by AH

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks ok, but!
Advertised as luminous and this was the principal reason for selecting it, however, dial becomes impossible to read within an hour in the dark. Sweep second hand obscured by hour hand between two and three o'clock. The bezel push closes, not twist for seal and I am unsure about the waterproof claims. Overall not a watch for professional use, but it looks ok.
Published on 3 Oct 2011 by stephen w

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks ok, but!, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: Wenger Squadron Men's Chronograph Watch with Black Dial and Black Silicone Strap 77053 (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely watch, 1 Mar 2013

Received my watch yesterday and am really pleased with it! The overall quality of this watch is superb in comparison with the far more expensive luxury watches I own. It is not too big on the wrist or heavy yet has a quality feel to it. It is water resistant down to 100 metres and according to the warrantee instructions the Wenger watches to not need to have screw down buttons unless you buy one of their other deep diving watches which allow you to dive as far down as 200 metres. Very few of us need to do that!

The silicone strap is 'very' soft and of very high quality. In fact it is noticeably softer then the one on my Tag. However, the one downside with any silicone strap is that by its very nature it will tend to allow dust to stick to it slightly. Although this can be wiped off or comes off easily when you wash your hands or take a shower. The standard long strap that comes with the watch is very slightly too long for my skinny wrist and a medium length strap would fit me far better. That said, if you have an average size or large wrist this standard strap will look great and feel very comfortable. It is worth remembering that silicone straps are extremely durable and unlike standard leather straps, will not degrade over time when under water (swimming, showering etc.).

The watch gift box is made from aluminium and is basic but functional. I suppose it's modern, minimalist design is linked to the Wenger company philosophy. I noticed there is a hologram sticker on the under side of the watch box which ensures you are buying a genuine watch. The enclosed 3 year warrantee and instructions are detailed and very informative.

All in all this is a great watch for the money and I would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone else wanting a very good quality watch for only a few hundred pounds.