on 26 October 2011
I take my Kindle everywhere and have been using the official lighted cover from Amazon for some time, but I have never needed to use the light and I found the bulk and weight added to my Kindle unappealing (it makes the device twice as big and twice as heavy, at almost half a kilo). With the added high price tag of the lighted cover, I feel like it was a waste of money.

I much prefer the feel of the Kindle without any case, so just wanted to get a slip on cover to protect it while in my bag, and the Shocksock case does the job perfectly. As others have mentioned it is not Neoprene, which I think is a good thing as I don't like the smell of it. This case is more of a padded foam, which will do the job of protecting the device from knocks and bumps without any problem. It fits like a glove, is very well made, and only costs £5 delivered! What are you waiting for? go buy one, you won't regret it!
on 29 August 2011
First of all, excellent value for money.

The case looks and fits very good. it is not bulky nor does it fit too snugly or too loose on the Kindle.

I paired this with a Gelaskin and works very well together.

Great buy.
on 29 August 2011
Fits the Kindle 3 perfectly, neatly seamed and finished (slightly wonky stitching along the top but entirely cosmetic). Nicely padded but not bulky, flap on the top holds the Kindle entirely enclosed within the case. Unlike other similar cases, does not smell of rubber.

Exactly what I was looking for at 10% of the cost of and all singing all dancing case. Highly recommended.
I bought two of these for use with our basic Kindles. They provide good protection allowing the Kindle to be carried in a bag while travelling with no worries about damage to the screen. At 21 X 14cm the cases fit the full range of Kindles and I was pleasantly surprised to see they're reversible with the black converting to red when turned inside out and the pink converting to turquoise although the 'Shocksock' logo is only on the original outer surface.

I can't fault the cases - and especially at the bargain price with fast service from the seller. Excellent!
on 7 October 2011
I agree with all the previous comments, except for one thing: it is definitely NOT made of neoprene. Only a sort of soft foamy material, somewat fleece-like.

As a result, I think that shock protection will be entirely nil. It is a useful pouch to protect against scratches, and maybe dust/dirt, but that's about it in my opinion.

So, it is reasonnably well made, fits well, takes a minimal amount of space around the kindle, is light, but offers very little to no shock protection.

It might be useful to explain what I expected from a neoprene pouch: to be made of the same material as wetsuits are made of, i.e. rubbery, thick(ish), and offering some amount of shock absorption and water resistance (the point of neoprene for wetsuits being that it absorbs water, but doesn't let it flow).

This, is not it.

Bottom line: if you are looking for neoprene, look elsewhere (no smell should have been a give-away, actually). If you are looking for a nice material pocket, this is nice, but you could also put a couple of socks around it for similar protection.

I haven't returned mine (£5 delivered: postage price to return isn't worth it), but I don't use it, I don't understand what would be the point.
on 20 September 2011
Does exactly what I bought it for. Doesn't smell at all unlike the first neoprene cover I bought. Fits perfectly and protects my Kindle when being carried around.
on 22 February 2012
I was given a 6" display Wi-Fi Kindle for Christmas, along with a beautiful, leather cover; but I was concerned that the port was not protected. Knowing how fluff can accumulate in bags, I wanted something to keep the port clean, and also to stop the leather cover getting scuffed. This does the job brilliantly; there is plenty of room to fit the Kindle & cover in the pouch & it's an amazing price.
on 14 August 2011
Excellent pouch that fits the Kindle 3 perfectly. Doesn't smell of rubber despite being made of neoprene. Very good value too
on 3 October 2011
I had browsed lots of different types of covers for my Kindle since my leather one had broke, this cover is perfect...I wish I had bought it in the first place instead of the leather one.
Very fast delivery too :)
on 26 September 2013
A very simple pouch.
Exactly what I wanted. Fits Kindle nicely.
Easy to get Kindle in and out. Looks good too.
Could be a little thicker.