5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive photo and text quality
Published 22 months ago by pillarboxcottage

Published 7 months ago by Bonnie Ralph

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive photo and text quality, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Epson Stylus Photo R2000 A3+ Photo Printer (8 Colour Ink System) (Accessory)
I bought this to replace my four and a half-year old Epson Stylus Photo R800. My primary use is for printing photos and also, importantly, for printing on thicker card as I make hand made greetings cards. My old R800 could just about manage to take cardstock, (although it wasn't designed for the task) but it was a real pain and very time-consuming as I used to have to coax each sheet of card through. When the R800 died, I opted to buy the R2000 because it is specifically designed to take thicker card and is marketed as being for scrapbookers.

The R2000 was a doddle to set up, and the print quality is fantastic, both for photographs and for text, which looks as good as the output from my laser printer. I am over the moon with the way it handles card. I can leave a stack in the paper tray and it prints each one beautifully with no manual intervention from me. It's also very quiet! Be warned that it is a big beast, but it prints A3 so that's to be expected. I haven't tried roll paper or feeding from the front on very thick card, or printing on CDs, so I can't comment on that.

If you want superb photo printing up to A3+, or the ability to print on thick card, I highly recommend this printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars why pay for Epson 3000, 13 Dec 2011
I have been looking for some time now for a printer to replace my H.P.printer,and as I wanted a WIFI printer and one that would print up to A3 size,and with more than 4inks it came down to the Epson R3000 and I was about to order that model all be it it was a little more than I wanted to pay when I found the R2000 with almost the same spec as the R3000 but 200. cheaper,It was due to arrive on the 12th December 2011 but arrived on the 10th so that gave me two extra days to use it.
The setting up was o.k. but you could not rush it,I have now printed a number of photographs and I could not have wished for better results and the gloss finish is in a class of its own. I have printed on all different weight paper and finishes and all are far far better than my old H.P.

If you are looking for a WIFI A3 printer why spend about 598. on the R3000 when the R2000 will do the same work for 398.
The service from amazon was first class.Epson Stylus Photo R2000 A3+ Photo Printer (8 Colour Ink System)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb photo printer., 13 Jan 2013
L. W. Newton "lwn83" (Nottingham, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I had several different 'photo' printers in the past, an Epson R300, R360(still going strong) and a Kodak all in one, which we use for general printing as photo quality is poor. Being a keen photographer I wanted to upgrade to an A3 or large format printer to get real impact to photo's, and reading reviews both here and around the net the R2000 looked like the one for me.

First impression are just how much bigger this printer is than a standard A4 printer, it's around 2ft long and with the feed tray and output tray open needs at least another 2ft in width, it also needs space at the back for the CD printing tray and paper roll feeder, so make sure you have enough desk space or table for this beast, it is also fairly heavy which is not a bad thing. Being wireless at least you can put this printer anywhere in the house or office, as long as it is in range that is.

The R2000 was fairly easy to get running, unpacking involves removing lots of blue tape which hides in some awkward places, just follow the supplied instruction carefully and you should have no problems.

I connected this printer to my wireless home network, again follow the instructions closely here!! The printer was up and running within half an hour of unpacking, I have 2 laptops and 1 PC connected to this printer through my wireless network and experienced no problems with the software set up. One point of interest is I use wireless G for my network, it states on the Epson spec that this printer is wireless N, so must be backwards compatible.

So what is print output quality like you ask, well it is simply amazing. For my first effort I printed a photo that I took on holiday last year overlooking Zante Town in Zakynthos using my Pentax K5, I used the Epson Easy Print software and I'm very impressed with the colours and sharpness of this print, you could almost be there!! I printed on Epson A3+ premium gloss photo paper, I will have a play around with Photoshop 11 at a later date, but for now default settings seem fine.

This printer uses 8 ink cartridges, so ink could get expensive with heavy usage, I don't intend on buying non genuine cartridges as want a good quality photo output without any problems.

Build quality looks good and solid, for a new Epson that is, some of the cheaper Epson range leaves a lot to be desired in build quality terms, but the R2000 look more like the old school Epson's.

This printer will eventually replace my old R360, The R2000 prints on just about any media including CD's , roll paper for panoramic photos or banners and special thick papers which are fed from the front of the printer.

This is my first ever A3 printer and I am delighted with it, I can now print at lab quality on most media formats, yes it is a huge monster but the output quality is simply breathtaking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reluctantly sticking with Epson!, 22 July 2013
Mrs C "Mrs C" (Kent , United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The first printer had to go back. Prints on semi gloss paper were coming out with a slight scratch on the image the entire length of the long side of the paper. Matte paper was fine. Spent far too long using Epsons online chat trying to establish what the problem was. They eventually decided it would need to be returned. Amazon immediately sent out another which has so far proved to be ok.

I say reluctantly only because of the cost of the ink, and the frustration when changing one ink cartridge drains the others with ink charging. But I do stick with Epson because the quality is outstanding. The R2000 was a replacement for a 7 year old R1800 and they are much the same, except the wi-fi.

When I first set up the printer, on XP, the wi fi was simple to set up and worked first time. New pc running Windows 7 and I still haven't managed to get the printer working wirelessly yet.

You still need a printer cable to connect the printer to your computer/laptop as part of the wi-fi set up.

I find the automatic power off timer irritating and will be uninstalling it once everything else is working.

Worth downloading ICC profiles for any paper that you use other than Epson for best results.

If the ink was half the price, I'd love this printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Printer, 10 Aug 2012
Epson Stylus Photo R2000 A3+ Photo Printer (8 Colour Ink System)
This printer was bought to replace my Epson 1290S which fell foul of computer upgrade after many years of great service. I was worried that it would take a long time to get correct settings for my new one, I need not have been concerned as set up was simple and first results were impressive. Now getting faultless prints every time on a variety of papers. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only minor issues., 17 April 2012
Bought this printer for the A3, wireless and roll paper capability. It is easy to set up with a little thought having to be put into the wireless set up at the computer end.
The print quality is superb as one would expect from Epson. There are a couple of issues that may or may not cause me minor problems in the future. These are:

1. Looking around the local shops (Liverpool) for the ink cartridges for this printer and have not, as yet, found one that stocks them so may have to order them online.
2. The description states that the printer takes Epson roll paper and indeed there is a 'banner' print option. It seems that the only roll paper available is photo paper and again I have not yet found a local stockist.

When needs must I will be approaching Epson about these issues but would appreciate any advice/information in the meantime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money and excellent print quality, 3 May 2014
Peter Bailey "nordowns" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
My Epson R2400 finally showed fatal symptoms after 9 years of faithful service.
So, after careful research, I chose the R2000 vs the more expensive R3000.
I am very pleased with the results so far.
Set up was quite easy and the first A4 print, using Epson settings, was brilliant.
Since then my first A3+ on Epson Semigloss paper is very satisfying.

Whilst the colour cartridge combination is different from the R2400 I believe the subjective quality of the R2000 prints is just as good and I feel satisfied that I have made the right decision and saved myself more than 100 in the process!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 2 Jun 2013
Kim Cull "bookworm" (Surrey England) - See all my reviews
After joining a camera club where I wanted to see the picture before showing in front of the club I needed a good printer at a reasonable price.This printer does amazing printing even on a A3 size, fast, quiet and lovely quality,as good as any professional printing,having 8 inks you get a good range of tones that you would not get with a normal printer.I have not had it long enough yet to make any comments on how long the inks will last but so far I am very pleased with my purchase.The price is a little over the top if you want a every day printer but if you want a printer for photo's you would be proud to show off or give as presents this is the printer for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Mar 2014
Replaced photo 1800 set up a nightmare instruction leaflet enormous and illogical took 3 x 15 minute phone calls to get it working but results worth it

3.0 out of 5 stars Printers like this one are pricey, and I hate the fact the cartridges change when the model is updated., 19 Feb 2014
It's a bit early to tell what I really think about this printer. It's just an updated version of the one I already had, and I resent the fact that the other one didn't last longer, that I have had to learn a new set of menus - what was wrong with the old one? - and that the cartridges are different and even more expensive. Also, despite being - up until now, but no longer! - a loyal Epson customer, I got no loyalty discount, because I bought through Amazon, and Epson wouldn't take my set of unused cartridges back, because I had had them longer than a month. It's not the fault of the supplier, or of Amazon, but I am less than happy.