5.0 out of 5 stars Is it worth the money...?
Published on 7 Jan 2012 by Andy Bell

The anti-scale on this model was attractive to me as every steam generator iron i have had ends up producing brown debris on the clothes, however the design is poor - as you twist the arm out all the scale falls within the iron.

Published on 14 Sep 2012 by Adele

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it worth the money...?, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Tefal Pro Express Plus GV8430G0 5.5 Bar Steam Generator, Anti-Calc, 1.8 Litre Water Tank (Kitchen & Home)
The chances are that, if you are reading this, you are wondering whether spending £170 could ever be worth it. I was in this position until recently. I decided to take the plunge after thinking that these 'steam generator' irons must have something going for them. I am not a fan of ironing and anything that could make it mildly more bearable was worth a shot. I'm pleased to say that it was the right decision. The iron generates a massive amount of steam and is probably 2-3 times hotter than my old one. It does take the creases straight out with one swipe of the iron. Unfortunately in order to get this type of performance you need to spend the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fighting over the ironing!, 26 Oct 2011
Moonless (London Town) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Because we both want to do it...

I never thought I would see my husband ironing shirts on a Monday night because he wanted to and not because he had to! Since we've got this iron, though, ironing has been less of a chore and much more pleasant. I have never minded doing it, but this appliance takes ironing to a whole new level. The time spent is pretty much halved, I would say. Linens are less of a struggle as the power of the steam means you only have to glide over sheets and duvet covers once to get a smooth finish. I have a woollen mix dress that had ended up crumpled in the back of the wardrobe as I had never been able to get the creases out no matter how much I ironed it. With the Tefal Pro Express, my husband gave it the once over and it looks like new!! Not a crease in sight.

The iron itself is pretty much like any other. It has settings for different fabrics and different strengths of steaming. The steam button, though, is a bit annoying as you tend to press it every time you pick up the iron. The steam itself is very strong and if you're not careful you may end up steaming off your wallpaper or giving yourself a steam facial!! The lead that connects the iron to the steam unit tends to get very hot. It also holds the pump that pushes the water through to the iron. I assume you won't burn yourself on it but I found it to be very heated. Perhaps an extra covering on this would be good. The unit itself is big!! A standard ironing board won't have room for it so you have to either put it on the floor or a table or get a suitable ironing board Brabantia Ironing Board with Solid Steam Unit Holder, Size C, 124 x45cm, 25mm Ivory Frame, Ice Water Cover. It's very easy to fill with water and there is no messing about.

All in all, definitely worth investing in, especially if you hate ironing! Yes, it may seem odd to spend lots of money on something you hate, but the benefits far outweigh the cons, and you never know, you might end up resorting to ironing underwear and socks, just for the fun of it, unless you already do...

2.0 out of 5 stars I have had 3 tefal steam generator irons, never paid less than £199 and the longer term results are not great, 14 Sep 2012

Steam generator irons are a pleasure to use and I would never go back to a normal iron but I am now going to try a different brand other than tefal

4.0 out of 5 stars Good performance and saves time - but it is BIG, 17 Nov 2011
Get Real "Butterfly_Brand" (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This iron is is my first steam generator iron I have ever purchased. I got it partly because I live in a very hard water area & this was recommended for this. Being able to use tap water is a definate bonus. The steam is excellent and the temperature settings are adequate. So far, I think it is brilliant. It slides really smoothly and effortlessly along clothes and takes me half the time to do a pile of ironing than it did before. It has a large water tank, which rarely needs re-filling. The only downside is the size of it and finding somewhere to store it when I'm not using it. Not a very long cord so you might need an extention cable if you don't iron near a plug.
I would definitely recommend this. Ironing is still boring but at least now it doesn't take so long.

5.0 out of 5 stars It gets hot & steamy fast!, 15 Dec 2011
KMW (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a guy that's assigned to do the ironing, I was on the lookout for something to reduce ironing time. I was using an old Morphy Richards steam iron which takes about 10-20 mins to heat up and produce steam, then takes another 3 hours to iron everything. I also tried the Homepure GS7U - Clothes & Fabric Steamer, hoping that it would reduce ironing time, but it seems to take even longer and very rarely results in a perfectly crease free garment (although, it's very handy for silk garments), so I've now turned to this Tefal iron and I'm not disappointed.

As soon as I switch this on, it heats up exceptionally quick, produces loads of steam and most importantly: the time it takes me to iron everything, halved. It holds loads of water and seems to be performing great in the hard water area I live in. Ironing has never been so easy.

If you're looking for an iron that produces great results and reduces ironing time, then I highly recommend this Tefal Pro Express Plus GV8430G0 iron. For me, ironing has very nearly become a pleasure.....

....well maybe not then. ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for doing a bucket full of ironing, 1 Mar 2012
Nick Flynn "NickF" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't think many people are massive fans of ironing, so any tool that is out there that will make life easier gets my vote.

The Pros are that it heats up very quickly, produces masses of steam, and it seems to eat its way though creases, even on over dry linens and bed clothes. The water tank has a huge 1.8 litre capacity and is more than enough for any session of ironing that we would want to do. There is an auto off function that cuts the heat after either 30 seconds or 8 minutes (depending on how you leave your iron) so that is a nice touch, and whilst to date I have not done a de-calc, it looks pretty straight forward ... I always use filtered water so de-calc is less of an issue.

The cons are that it does take up quite a bit of space, both on the ironing board itself, and in storage. We bought ourselves an new bigger and wider ironing board as we had visions on the Tefal hitting the deck if the old board was nudged. We also noted that the lead can get quite warm ... not burning hot, but something that you notice if you are wearing a sleeveless top.

In conclusion then, the Tefal Pro Express plus if very effective at ploughing its way through a mound of ironing super quick ... it is bulky, and we felt we had to invest in a bigger ironing board too ... and that cost us an additional £75. So, it is a little pricey but worth it if you have loads to do and hate ironing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its great and takes effort out of ironing, 21 Dec 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Reduces ironing time and less effort compared to a £25 iron. The features on the iron take the chore out of ironing clothes. I would highly recommend this iron to anyone considering an upgrade from a £25.00 iron, its guaranteed you will never look back. It will also spoil you as you will ask yourself why you didn't consider buying an expensive iron years ago!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional, 23 Mar 2012
Our second one, we have very hard water and the first iron became badly lime scaled up after many years of great service, not a fault of the product, other similar products lasted 3 - 6 months. Need a board which allows steam to pass through, our board also has a fan attached to remove water. Speedens up ironing by 75% but need the proffessional one, well worth spending that bit more for it, don't look at the smaller ones just don't do the same job. Never had a steam generator iron, after getting one will never go back to the old fasion sort, but this one is one of the better ones, we have had around 6 other sort but will only replace it with this model after experience running a guest house and lots of ironing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tefal Pro Express Plus, 4 Mar 2012
Brought this modal after my sister-in-law has been using one for many a year now,
She said it's the best she's ever had, And could not do with out it.
Best of all Paid less for mine on here then she paid for her;s all them year's ago :)

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 18 Mar 2012
My old steam generator gave me years of excellent service, but sad to say it died unexpectedly, my new Tefal Pro Express is excellent just what I expected I would never be without one.I had never used Amazon before and was amazed at the service and speed of delivery,and the product was much cheaper than Argos. Very impressed indeed.