5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product - but don't buy it just yet....read on.
Published on 23 Jan. 2013 by GrumpyZ0mbie

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!!!
THIS PRODUCT IS POTENTIALLY VERY DANGEROUS FOR CATS. THIS PRODUCT BURNT MY CATS NECK RAW .. NASTY.PLEASE BE AWARE OF ITS STRENGTH AND TOXICITY. FRONTLINE NEVER DID THIS TO MY CAT. SEE PHOTOS ( WHEN I WORK OUT HOW TO UPLOAD).. AWFUL AWFUL STUFF SHOULD BE BANNED. MY POOR CAT HS A RAW OPEN WOUND ON HIS NECK NOW FROM THESE CHEMICALS.
Published 17 months ago by hellen travell

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product - but don't buy it just yet....read on., 23 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Advantage 40 mg Spot-On Solution for Small Cats, Small Dogs and Pet Rabbits (up tp 4kg) (Misc.)
Firstly, like many other reviewers, I'd been using Frontline for years but over the last couple of years, it hadn't seemed to be all that effective any more. Both of my cats were frequently, desperately scratching and one of them has a patch of bad skin near her tail which never seemed to heal properly and scabs on her belly. having done a little research, I saw that many people were now recommending Advantage, but digging a little deeper, I discovered that actually, regardless of whether you buy Advantage 40, 80, 100, 250 or 400, the product is exactly the same (Imidacloprid (9.1%), Pyriproxyfen (0.46%) Other ingredients (90.44%)). The prices are similar regardless of size, but the advantage 400 ( for large dogs ) contains 10 times the amount of the fluid as the small cat version.

The product is fantastic. Since switching to advantage, both my cats have been completely flea free, do not scratch frantically any more, their skin has completely healed and the scabs appear no more.

Buy the large dog version and some cheap, needle-less, 1ml syringes to measure the dose correctly Shesto Pack of 3 x 1ml Syringes and you'll be flea-flea for 10 times as long for pretty much the same price. The pipettes reseal perfectly well after use and the active ingredient does not "go off" once they have been opened. Four flea-free months since I bought the Advantage 400 Spot-On Solution for Dogs (25 - 40kg) product and with two cats to treat, and I'm still on the first of the four pipettes!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
n.b. DO NOT APPLY THIS SAME METHODOLOGY TO OTHER BRANDS / OTHER TREATMENTS, MANY FLEA PRODUCTS DIFFER DEPENDING ON THE TARGET ANIMAL. FORTUNATELY, IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE, THEY DO NOT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats Frontline every time!, 11 April 2012
Claire Burrell (portsmouth, hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Put it on the cat, the fleas die. Lasts a month or more. If Frontline isn't working any more, get some!

4.0 out of 5 stars advantage spot on small cats, 10 May 2012
We have previously used Front Line and Stronghold (from vets expensive)
This was recommended to me thru My Moggy (Lost Cats) and it seems to work fine and is much cheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent flea prevention, 19 Aug. 2012
Despite accidentally purchasing a product for small cats (<4kg), whereas my cat should need in theory the 80mg product for larger cats, it seems still to have prevented any fleas being picked up so far despite the warmish weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced Frontline as our #1 choice, 11 Aug. 2014
When my son kept getting mysterious spots, we were at a loss. We eliminated things from his diet, took him to the GP twice, and were basically at the end of our tethers. It wasn't until I saw a live flea on our cat Bellatrix that I realised my poor son was being bittern (the rest of the family, including our daughter, were not). This was a shock as our cat has been regularly and meticulously treated with Frontline every 4 weeks, without a single dose missed. Upon further grooming of our cat we discovered 'flea dirt', and then saw a couple more fleas around the house.

We treated the house with Indorex (the only spray that would work), and treated again with Frontline, but the fleas were still there! I then Googled Frontline and saw many, many people were experiencing the same thing; it appears the little bas*ards are now immune to Frontline. So I bought Advantage.

Within a couplf of hours the cat stopped scratching, and by the next day I didn't get any flea dirt when I groomed her. We treated the house again with the spray and by hot-washing all bedding, cuddly toys, etc, and I'm delighted to say that my son has been spot-free now for over a month. I wouldn't be without this product now, it definitely does the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Result one hour after application!!!!!!!, 5 Jun. 2014
Yasmeen (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
I had used frontline for years. My last 8 treatments on my cat did NOT WORK. In this warm weather they got in my carpets. We had bites on our feet and legs. My daughter got chewed to pieces our poor Billi cat was an outcast. I researched on how to fully eradicate the problem in all my years of owning a cat I had never come across an infestation.
I got the local council out last week to treat all of our house £68 not bad considering how many flea sprays I bought (bob martin does nothing). After the house was treated I looked for an alternative to frontline which I had used for the last 20 years with my cat prior to Billi. After using Frontline the fleas happily kept living on Billi very lively when I groomed her pinging off to all corners of my bathroom.
In today's post ( within the timescale estimated) I finally received my Advantage after reading so many reviews I bought a years worth (that's how long the full cycle/dormant eggs can last.
I applied at the base of Billi's skull. I kept an eye on her for any adverse reactions she has been fine it has now been a few hours.
ONE HOUR after applying I thought I would try grooming her and OMG dead fleas near her head and middle body anywhere else and her tail they seemed lethargic. I cannot rate this product enough. Frontline may have worked in the 90's onwards but is totally ineffective now. After six months of banning my cat in the upstairs area of our house she is currently upstairs happily purring away on my bed.
She was being bitten had been scratching, biting herself silly my house had become infested I just wish I had known about Advantage 7 months ago I could have saved myself a lot of pain suffering and additional financial cost.
If you even suspect a flea buy it.
Death to all fleas!
Update 2 hours later the remaining fleas are disorientated and are falling off Billi. I am amazed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Jan. 2013
This is a brilliant spot on treatment. After about 30 minutes the fleas were falling off the cat - still alive but moving slowly. I picked then up and put them in hot soapy water - die flea die. I checked the cat again and there was no signs of the critters. FANTASTIC PRODUCT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, 13 July 2012
Works well when other consumer stuff like Bob Martins failed dismally.

The very nice thing about this is that it seems to be more concentrated. Less liquid means more chance of it actually staying where you put it and not dribbling all down their neck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, effective product, 11 Oct. 2014
Miss E. L. Stiles "Ella" (England.) - See all my reviews
Good, effective product. I use this once a month on my cats and it does the job brilliantly. The small pipettes make it very quick and easy to administer the treatment onto the back of your cats neck - as they never seem to like the feeling much! And it's much cheaper than buying it from your local vet.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!!!, 19 Nov. 2013