5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! A must for any True Blood fan!
Published on 11 Dec 2009 by Holly Sands

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your Time
Published 26 days ago by miss K. Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! A must for any True Blood fan!, 11 Dec 2009
Holly Sands (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
If you are fan of the tv series True Blood then these books will be a great treat! The story lines are slightly different to the show, especially Living Dead in Dallas, which season 2 is based on. The books are written from Sookie's perspective, so a lot of the characters that we have grown to love in the show are not as present in the books. If you are a fan of Bill Compton in the show be warned - Charlaine hasn't written Bill's character in the same way that he is portrayed on the screen, so from book 3 (Club Dead) onwards you will find a very different character! If you haven't seen True Blood then these books alone are a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love trueblood books, 3 Jun 2011
E. Esen "esen212" (london) - See all my reviews
I can't remember how I even got onto this page as nobody had recommended this book to me but I just ended up buying it one day. This is the first book I've been able to get into straight away, it usually takes me up to page 30 to get into a book but I was intrigued from the start of this. I especially like that this book contains the first 3 books because once I finished the first I was eager to continue reading. I've now finished the 10th book in this series and I can safely say it has not gotten boring yet.

I would/have recommended this book as its a good book to relax and read I'm very happy I decided to purchase it in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THESE BOOKS!!!, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: True Blood Omnibus: Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas, Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Myst) (Kindle Edition)
I absolutley loved this series of books. I do believe that there should be a age limit on these books as some scenes are VERY explict. Being a fan of the show i thought i'd read the books because generally books are better. And i wasn't dissappointed. I prefere the books and i have read them very quickly 10 1/2 books in 12 days and i still did other stuff :) The characters are fab (much better than the series) and i think if you like the series you will like the books and vice verse. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Book, 28 Nov 2011
Mrs. D. J. Walton "Nikki's" (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
Love the series love this more, though sleightly different to the tv series stilll as good, worth a read and another good bookk to have on the bookcase

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your Time, 3 Aug 2014
Two years of my life i will never get back. When I first started these books I thought they were an entertaining read, not the best around, but something to pass the time. But over the series they have come to a point where i had to push myself to get to the end. I had pre-ordered the last book out of shear hope the story line would go in the direction I hoped, but of course not. There have been many series I have read numerous times but this series will not make that list.
On a good side, what may carry you through is the host of sarcastic comments and comebacks provided by Eric and Pam, they were one of the only things that kept me going.
My advice anyone looking for a good read you'll find hard to put down try, Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires or Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series (the later series despite one review posted on Amazon is nothing like Twilight in the least).

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing !, 16 Sep 2012
I have not watched the tv series and bought all three omnibus' on the reader reviews! I am very disappointed! I have only managed to read up to club dead and I can't bring myself to go any further. The writing style is awful and character development non existent! I can see the stories being a very good tv series, it's just a real shame that the writing and development in the books are so poor! It pains me that I have paid for them and will not read them. There are far cheaper or free books available on amazon which are superior to this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fangtastic, 26 Sep 2011
I loved the tv series and whilst waiting for the next season I decided to give this omnibus a go. I have to say it didn't disappoint. The books are not identical to the tv version and I loved the way it didn't get bogged down with all the additional characters the show had decided to give more story than was written for them.

The main focus is Sookie and her relationships with the vampires and other supernatural beings. For me the relationships made more sense in the books as they aren't created purely to pad out a number of episodes to make a whole tv series. You can recognise the theme of the stories from the series but they have slightly different outcomes in the books which I actually preferred.

I've had to buy the next book after finishing the omnibus and I'm nearly done with that. I am finding it hard to put down and so incredibly easy to keep buying more. It's just a shame there aren't more compilations/book sets available on kindle like they are in printed format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super read, 27 Dec 2009
S. Johnson (UK) - See all my reviews
Was interested to read these titles after seeing one or two episodes on TV. Not as raunchy, but an easy and enjoyable read. Characters are interesting and the concept is very clever. Would recommend to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody-thirsty Brilliance!, 24 Mar 2010
K. Wilson (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Couldn't put this omnibus down... and went straight out and bought the remainder of the series....

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Vampire series out at the moment, 14 Nov 2011
I have already watched the True Blood series on the telly, so when I downloaded this book I figured I'd know it all. WRONG! there are loads of little twists in these books that are different from the storyline in the TV series. I am so glad I downloaded these, it's almost like True Blood in an alternate reality as you don't always know what's coming.

I love the way Charlaine writes, the books are easy to read, but they aren't dumbed down like some books that you find.

If you have watched the series and feel like there's no point reading the books, you will lose out. If you haven't seen the TV series and enjoy a good Sci fi or Vamp novel and want something a little more mature than the Twilight saga you won't be dissapointed.