5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves for cold winter training.
Great gloves for those cold winter training days, comfy, I use them on my road bike & MTB
Only thing I don't like is the size of the tags inside them, nothing that a pair of scissors can't sort.
Top stuff from Gore
Published 17 months ago by Matt Emery

3.0 out of 5 stars good in the main, but not full winter gloves
These gloves as others have said come up small the circumference of my hand (around the widest part not including the thumb) is 22 cm and size 8 is just right.

Published 10 months ago by a customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves for cold winter training., 14 Feb 2013
Top stuff from Gore

5.0 out of 5 stars The business, 8 Jan 2013
I am suspicious of miracle fabrics, hi-tech, ambitious claims. Expensive stuff often turns out to be snake-oil.

But these gloves are the business. Lightweight, they nonetheless robustly keep out ALL wind. They simply stop it dead. Your hands stay warm.

In rain, the water beads on the surface, and rolls off. Your hands stay dry.

The light feel of the gloves means that you can easily bend fingers to work brakes and gears.

The palms are grippy, and there is even (thoughtfully) a soft surface on the fingers for wiping drips off your nose in cold weather. Disgusting but very effective.

The cuffs are long and stop cold and rain creeping down the backs of your hands.

Wish I had had these years ago. They are a terrific buy and great for any rider. If you think about what you want cycling gloves to do, these gloves do it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good in the main, but not full winter gloves, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Gore Bike Wear Power Soft Shell Men's Cycling Gloves (Sports)

These gloves will perform well ..certainly for Autumn or maybe a cold still day, but they DO NOT keep all the wind out ( i cycled through Winter and even when the temperature was above freezing and a decent wind, my hands were NOT toasty).

My commute is about 25 minutes, and if the temperature is say 3-4 degrees C and there is abit of a wind you should be ok, but do not expect these to perform when the temperature is below freezing with the winds we had this March.(for this i wore these under my waterproof ski gloves- these worn on their own would have been freezing (they are not magic gloves).

There is plenty of padding on the palm and they feel well made but although the gloves are quite windproof, ( in certain conditions as described above and not an icy blast day , when the temperature plummets) but as for a full Winter glove ,they are just not thick enough to be considered a full solution to 'put these on and forget about cool fingers'.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE, 1 Aug 2013
I bought these gloves going off the size chart and selected a size 8. This is normally larger than I would pick for glove sizes. They are extremely small for what was supposed to be a large and now have to waste time sending them back. The gloves themselves also feel very poor quality and I will probay pay more money and get something better. I wouldn't advise and body buy these gloves as the sizing chart is complete guess work and you will probably just have to send them back a few times just get the correct size.

Regards, Ben

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is off, 22 July 2013
I like the feel of the gloves and the quality appears fine, but according to their measurements i am a large...but they came up very narrow and hopelessly too short. I appreciate that i have longish hands, but the width was off by 1cm plus. If in doubt go bigger

3.0 out of 5 stars They are ok, 26 Mar 2013
things I liked

Nice design
Waterproof

What I didn't like:

My fingers get frozen if i cycle in temperatures below +3

May be I was expecting too much of these gloves, I was a bit disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pair of gloves., 20 Jan 2012
A great pair of gloves. Can recommend on these cold winter days. These were for my wife and, sorry to say, I have a pair too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gloves, would buy again, 28 Jun 2014
great gloves , would buy again, warm enough for autumn and sprig, not for snow and ice tho

5.0 out of 5 stars Windproof, 12 May 2014
Only owned 2 weeks but been out in different weather conditions. In not windy condition about 10 degrees these were perfect for someone like me that gets very cold hands. In gale force wind and 10-12 degrees also performed as well in insulating my hands. Almost no difference in the sensation.
Found surprising that my hads never overheated when not exposed or on long climbs, as they seem to be very warm gloves.
Also used during a walk in very windy condition to test if these would overheat, but no, really good confortable warmth.
Would not use in stead of winter gloves in cold weather (5 degrees and below) but that is not what these gloves are for. If you do not suffer at all from cold hands then possibly could get away with it in winter.
The size is true agains Gore's own charts.
Padding on the palm on contact point was good too. The material is cofortable and soft, especially around the cuffs where it may otherwise chafe or annoy whilst riding.
Look wise they are very smart. Would recomend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very warm, 26 April 2014
I was always getting cold hands, but not with these bad boys. They keep my hands feet all of the time. In the summertime they are a little too warm if I'm being picky

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›