on 24 November 2015
I bought this stick after having bought a similar item from Kingston, only to find that it didn't work after upgrading Mac OS to El Capitan (10.11). The Kingston device worked pre-upgrade, didn't work post upgrade and their only fix would work on a Windows computer which I didn't have, and would have erased the contents which was ridiculous for a secure device where you might store only one copy of critical files. I returned it to Amazon for a refund and bought this Integral one. I asked a question if it was El Capitan compatible and one customer replied saying it was. IT IS NOT. It just did not work, and having emailed Integral, they said I could post it back to them for them to 'fix' it. I replied saying they should cover the cost as they say it is Mac compatible, and they very kindly sent me a brand new stick which had the El Capitan fix applied, and didn't even ask for the other one back. Much better customer service than Kingston who simply said I should find a friend with a Windows computer to apply their fix.

This is really worrying that you have a very secure encrypted device with possibly only one copy of very critical files, and you upgrade your Mac and then can't access your data. I would give the product 1 star for not being El Capitan compatible, but have upgraded to two stars for good customer service. For something so critical, it needs to be a lot more reliable, and I'm now wondering if I should use it at all, and whether I'll have similar problems at some future OS X upgrade, and not be able to access my files.
on 2 January 2014
This memory stick operates like any other, but only after going through a hefty security procedure. The software for this procedure is contained on the stick and is one of the Autorun options once the stick is inserted into your computer. On inserting it for the first time, you have to set up a super-strong user password and, as a back-up, a second (Administrator) password. The data is strongly encrypted on the stick and can only be accessed after either of the passwords is used. You get six attempts to get the password right, after which the stick is reset automatically and the data is lost forever. With six attempts and strong encryption, the data is pretty well thief-proof. It is therefore ideal to store the myriad of passwords we have to maintain these days, so it is only necessary to remember the one password to access them.

The memory stick is smaller than most but is covered in rubber, so that it should be quite well protected from water, impacts, etc. The software that is run on each use has provision for entering personal data, changing password and including a password hint. It also contains the user manual. There is also provision for resetting the device manually (ie all data permanently inaccessible).

It is made by Integral, which I consider to be among the leading brands for memory.

Downsides? Well, it is not immediately obvious how to enter the password (you have to click on the unlocked padlock symbol first), but one soon gets used to that. The biggest downside is the irritation of having to open a piece of software and click on the padlock before entering the password, every time you want to use it. But this is a small price to pay for the strong security it offers.

Overall I am very happy with it and the peace of mind that it brings.
on 14 October 2013
This is a great little device whether it is for your own security reasons or one of Law.
I had a few people try to 'break in' and they all failed.
I am a software developer and need it for Data Protection and security and it fulfils ISO 27001.
Having two passwords is a great bonus if you need to pass data to different people for different reasons.
on 18 May 2013
This meets NHS standards, and if you are a Mac user at home, but your hospital computers are invariably Windows, it's one of the few easy options out there for you.
on 19 March 2013
If, like me, you have a multitude of passwords then this is a very secure way to store them, especially when away from home, as well as any other data that you might wish to keep inaccessible. Strong, rubberised unit with a well-fitting tag on a chain to keep the cap of the drive when in use.
on 20 March 2015
I love this. Have two and meets the highest standard of encryption required to work on any of my corporate clients' IT systems. Still using the first one after four years, no problem. Only thing is, despite it being the dual Mac/Win version, I have never successfully opened it on a Mac (have tried various) - doesn't accept the password - not a big deal for me, but if you're a primary Mac user you might want to go for the Mac specific model.
on 21 July 2013
A very useful, highly encrypted storage solution. Easy to set up and use. Great care is needed not to forget your encryption passwords, as no backdoor recovery will be available. I feel this is a great solution for those with important data where loss would be highly damaging to owner or subject.
The drive appears to operate below the best USB 2.0 speed parameters but this is a small price to pay for a very secure flash storage device.
on 2 July 2015
Great product, arrived quickly. I returned another similar product as it did not mount as a filesystem in my machine (mac and PC) - this does support file system and is great. Only limitation is that I cannot maintain files dates when moving files over to it (must be a limitation in the file system mounting)
on 17 July 2013
Unlike some memory sticks with security built in you can only save your files on the encripted side of the memory stick.
Having a master password as well as a user password means you can give it to staff and still retain control over the information stored on it.
on 15 January 2014
+++ The software and the functionality is good.
++ Easy to use.

--- (triple minus) The rubber surface is a bad choice of material
----- (five times minus) The connector protection is worthless. It always slips off.