Sometimes illustrated Kindle versions don't translate to the format well, but this edition is very good in every way. Clear and easy to read, and enjoyable to look at (even in black and white).

From the point of view of the story, I found it a drier read than, say, Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. Characters were more caricatures than well-drawn, but Twain still managed to point out the dichotomy of rich and poor in a way that makes me glad I live in the modern era.

I've been reading Tale of Two Cities at the same time, and am afraid that Twain can't hold a candle to Dickens in terms of characters and social commentary (at least, not in Prince and the Pauper), but that doesn't mean I would leave him off my list of authors who (whom?) should be read.
on 3 September 2008
Originally published in 1881, this is an historical comedy - the story of two boys: Edward Tudor, Prince of Wales and Tom Canty, beggar. Two boys are oddly similar in appearance and swap clothes for a prank. Complete and unabridged
review image
on 22 January 2014
Very Good, very happy with prduct, product is how its described, happy to do bussiness again in the furture, Happy