Size: 11-inch Air|Style Name: Classic Edition|Change

on 9 October 2012
As I leave my MacBook Air on the kitchen worktop pretty much most of the time - I wanted something that could protect it when at home and when shoved in my bag. I also wanted something stylish and quirky. All boxes ticked and - given other cases on the market - thought it was value for money too.

When zipped up it genuinely does look like a dusty old dickensian ledger and one feels as though one should be wearing fingerless mitts when crouched over the keys tapping away by candlelight. Cleverly distressed, quality leather with a hint of faux gilding around the edge. I have had quite a few comments about it.

My one disappointment relates to how the case fixes to the MacBook when open. There are two elastic straps that fit over the corners of the screen - so when you open the case the laptop generally open with it. I personally feel that the laptop base/keyboard (sorry - not up with geek lingo) could have done with the same - just to keep it more stable in the case. Small point but one worth mentioning I think.
on 10 January 2013
I usually buy Speck hard plastic cases for all my laptops. But unfortunately, the Speck case I bought for my MacBook Air had one major flaw. It kept breaking. Speck were kind enough to replace the first one when it cracked within the first coupl of months of use. After reading many reviews and forum entries, I found this was a common problem being expereiced by omany other, so when the same thing happened to the second I simply couldn't be bothered to get it replaced again.

I decided to spend a little (well alot) more money than I normally would do and get one of these.

When the laptop is in the case and zipped up it offers very good protection.

In practicallity, I have found a couple of issues with it.

The first being that when you use your laptop in the case on a flat surfce (e.g. on a desk or table) it is fine. However, if like alot of people (myself included), you like to lie in bed with your knees up and your laptop perched up agains your legs, I have found that the laptop tends to slide forward and feels as if it will fall out (luckily it hasn't fallen out yet).

Also, you can only connect the magsafe connetor to the charging socket in one direction (i.e. with the cord coming forward & not going backwards - not a big issue if the power socket is behind you, but I have found it to be a bit of an issue whrn the power socket is in front of me).

In terms of WOW factor. All my friends & family who have seen this case absolutely love it, as do I.

The case does mark/scratch very easily, so if you're looking for a case that doesn't mark, then this isn't for you. I was a little bit annoyed when I got my first mark on it, but now I personally think, it adds character to it & makes it look a much better.

Would definately recommend to all.

Yes it is overpriced, but it is definately worth it after you hear everyone commentting on how different it looks to a bog standard case.
on 22 January 2013
I spent a long time choosing a case for my Macbook Air 13" and this is genuinely brilliant. I love how it looks and have received endless compliments. If that was not enough - it's super strong and durable. It has protected my laptop perfectly and isn't worn at all despite being used every day. Definitely worth the price, very highly recommended.

Oh! To give you the benefit of my research - TwelveSouth recommend that you only buy from their trusted suppliers so don't be too tempted by potentially fake imitations. They trust Apple, themselves (of-course) and Amazon [provided it is sold and dispatched by them] and a few others so if you can, buy from a trusted source - it makes everything safer and simpler.

You won't regret buying this item - GO FOR IT!
on 28 January 2013
Looks good, fits perfectly and provides just a touch of class to an impressive laptop. It is expensive, but then so is the Macbook, and it does get many admiring comments.
on 19 August 2013
This is a superb case for the MacBook Air - wish it could be lighter weight! However the quality dictates that I guess. Others have said this item needs elastic corners to hold the base of the computer down as well as the screen/ lid. My 16 yr old pointed out that its more important to hold down the base in the case so we turned the computer over to have the elastic on the bottom - magic - much more secure that way around when opening and using in the case and the screen holds itself and the case lid up just fine without the elastic. Another option is using sticky back Velcro to be extra safe.
on 21 September 2013
I really love the look and feel of this case. The only thing I would have preferred to know is that it should be kept away from anything damp. I had it in my bag next to a slightly damp towel and it has affected the outside.
on 11 April 2013
The case arrived today and was very well packed. The leather case comes with its own drawstring bag for added protection.
The macbook screen fits easily under the two straps at the top of the case. The inside of the case is really soft leather and protects the outer surfaces well.It has a 'quality' feel and looks superb when closed.
The case was an expensive purchase and way over the £20-£30 that I had budgeted for, but I am pleased to say that I consider this a super buy.
on 14 March 2012
Bought this for my 13" Macbook Pro and it fits fine.

The fit is a little tight so it won't slide in and out unless you almost fully unzip.
I tried the Bookbook designed for my computer but found it a bit bulky and the flat spine (4cm thick) made it harder to slide in and out of my bag.

As for the quality of the product, it is awesome. Really nice quality and lovely smell of real leather. Can't recommend it more. Just buy you won't be disappointed.
on 6 August 2014
Received this item very quickly. It looked good and I can understand the idea of security as it looks at first glance an old book. It is ridged and appears well made. It appeared to give good protection from knocks and had potential to protect from more serious drops. However after half an hour of use I was resigned to send it back. The case is about half an inch too big at both ends and as a result the MBP is never in the same position in the case in which it was left. The restraining elastics hold the top in place but I found that when closing my MBP it slid out of the case, which was very annoying. The other problem I found was that the zips were up against the back corners of the case and I found I was continually worried about the corners being scratched. As other reviewers have stated this may not be a problem but the price makes it so. I feel that if these issues were resolved this has the potential to be a great case even at the price, but no as is.
on 30 May 2013
Provides good, sturdy protection. I like the style and the look very much. Elastic tabs are on one half but not on the other and I do not understand why. Not a show stopper, just mildly irritating each time I open my Mac Air.