5.0 out of 5 stars Uncannily similar to Mario Kart
I bought this for my 9 year old sisters birthday after weeks of begging. I believed that she would play it for a couple of hours get bored of it and put it in the cupboard not to be seen for many years. However after half an hour she, my brother, the next door neighbour and I were all playing together this coninued for several hours until she had to go to bed...
Published on 27 July 2011 by Hupiter

2.0 out of 5 stars WHY!?
Published 14 months ago by J. Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncannily similar to Mario Kart, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Cars 2 (Wii) (Video Game)

One of the great features of the game is that you can do everything with up to four players meaning that we didn't have to wait for ages until good quality mutiplayer levels were unlocked (as in some previous Disney games). It created healthy competition between us and kept us hooked throughout.

Its great fun for all ages, with not just simple racing modes but with others, such as hunter where you hunt down the "baddie" cars using weapons which you collect from Mario Kartesque item boxes. In the races you can do tricks to boost the turbo bar which I think make the game more beautiful to watch.

I found the wheel response excellent and it involves you in the driving making you feel that you are the character (of which there are many) you control.

The graphics are good for the wii and will please any avid Cars fan with extreme detail on the cars striaght from the film. As well most of the Cars are voiced by the original actors from the movie (major exceptions being Fin McMissle and Lightning McQueen). It's good that the game is based on but not strict to the film, this gives a strong relation to it but makes sure that playing game is not just the same as replaying the film.

The game overall feels alot like Mario Kart with Cars characters but this does not take away the pleasure of the game and there are modes which are not in Mario Kart which can be played if you are Mario Karted out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice, 23 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Cars 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
The game has very good graphics, driving reality and driving tricks. It combines races (for younger kids) and races with guns (for more action). Very good choice for kids that likes driving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun!, 18 Aug. 2011
J. Mepham "Jamant11" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cars 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
My boys (aged 8 and 5) play this game whenever they get the opportunity. The game is extremely good fun, can be played solo or with friends/parents and without any stress about reaching the next level or figuring out what you are supposed to do. We would highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars WHY!?, 2 Jan. 2014
J. Harrison (Dorset) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cars 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
FFS! Why can't they just make a nice, simple driving game where it is nice and FUN rather than incorporate too many stunts and gizmo's and make it just boringly complicated? I got bored just going through the start menu, which doesn't make obvious what is required, so one just presses any button to make it go away... My 9 yr old reached 20 mins before he just turned it off. My 2 yr old could play the first part of 'learning how to drive', which is just going around in a circle! What a waste of money and time! The 'Free drive' is locked - to unlock by some means, which will be dul, dull, dull. Freeplay should be the first thing one should be able to do, so that the FUN element of the game can be utilised - straight from the box. If I got a hypercar and started trying to drive like Hamilton, I'd die. I just want to drive and so does EVERY boy and girl who gets a driving game.

4.0 out of 5 stars For those who want more Mario Kart, 25 Aug. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cars 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
There are other Mario Kart like games out there, but this is certainly one of the best. With plenty of features, complex tracks (with shortcuts), and some features (fancy jumps, 2 wheel driving, etc) that Mario Kart doesn't have. I was surprised at the quality of this game and would recommend it to those who already own Mario Kart and want something similar but new. If you don't have Mario Kart I'd recommend you get them both!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cars 2, 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Cars 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
I purchased this game for my son for Christmas as he loves Cars 2 ever since he saw it at the cinema and wanted me to get it for him. He loves playing with the game and getting to know all the different characters from the film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 17 Jan. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cars 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
My sons bought this with their pocket money and they think it's great!! They are both fans of Cars 2. Must admit it is much easier to do if you get the Wii steering wheel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids & adults, 4 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Cars 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
This game has really surprised me. Usually when I game is created from a Disney film it is never that great. I didn't expect much from this, but as my son loves Cars I bought it.

The game really surprised me. You can play all the favourite characters from the film, including some of the bad guys. The racing is pretty good as it goes, and there are lots of missions to complete to gain 'spy points'.

3.0 out of 5 stars Xmas, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Cars 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
This was okay, the boys soon got bored with it, maybe they will come back to it at a later date, they had so many other gifts.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great...., 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cars 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
My son loves driving games so I bought this one but has been disappointing , the steering is not as good as other driving games like mario kart etc.
The story line is not great either, so I don't recommend it. No

Cars 2 (Wii)
Cars 2 (Wii) by Disney Interactive (Nintendo Wii)