4.0 out of 5 stars 3DD's best record since their debut...
Since their multi platinum debut released back in 2000, 3DD popularity has gradually been waning. Not that there's any fault of their own though, times change. Personally I've always really enjoyed their music; mainstream alternative rock has suited them very well for the past decade.

"Time Of My Life," is their fifth studio album, slightly heavier then their...
Published on 19 July 2011 by Mr. N. J. Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Formulaic but enough to keep a fan's interest
As a relatively recent fan, I have been catching up on 3DD's back catalogue, so it was good to see some new material from the band last year. Was it worth the wait? A qualified yes. It's a solid album with two or three stand-out tracks that's sacrificed a bit of creativity on the altar of commercialism. However, there isn't a single "duff" track on the album, and it does...
Published on 30 Jan 2012 by R. Varoujian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars 3DD's best record since their debut..., 19 July 2011
Mr. N. J. Henderson (Bude, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Of My Life (Audio CD)

"Time Of My Life," is their fifth studio album, slightly heavier then their predecessor and in turn a superb return to form for the band. Lead single "When You're Young" is typical 3DD, a great melody with meaningful lyrics, one of the lighter songs on the album overall but a great choice for first single.

A heavier tone on the record picks up with songs "Race For The Sun," Every Time You Go" "On The Run" before ballads "What's Left" and "Back To Me" slow down the tone.
Deserving of a special mention though is the albums best track "Heaven," a moody, emotional power ballad with superb lyrics, easily should be the third single and is such a good song it could be a worldwide hit for the band.
Elsewhere the melody is uptempo, the albums latter stages feature a few standard rock songs, closing track "Believer" although short is a heavy song with a noteworthy guitar solo.

Bonus track wise you get a bog standard rocker in "The Silence Remains" before acoustic versions of the songs "When You're Young" and "Every Time You Go," both of which suit the acoustic version rather well.

In summary then, "Time Of My Life" is an excellent record. If modern alternative rock is your scene or if you've lost touch with the band since their debut then this is a great place to pick them back up again. Alternative rock has rarely sounded better, welcome back 3 Doors Down.

4.5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 doors, 4 stars for 5 th album, 16 Aug 2011
This review is from: Time Of My Life (Audio CD)
Whether on stage or in the studio, you can always rely on Brad Arnold and the boys to give one hundred percent. This brio can help you get past the fact that the odd track is vaguely reminisent of previous work, but then you hear tracks like the extremely catchy Round and Round, and the moody What's Left and you realise why they are such a compelling band. The robust guitar burst into title track of Time of My Life, paves the way for a reassuringly familiar sound that glides effortlessly through mid tempo numbers and crunching guitar propelled fist pumpers that gets better with every listen. If you like Adult/Alternative rock - you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 DOORs, FIVE STARS!, 20 July 2011
This review is from: Time Of My Life (Audio CD)
If you like strong songs, superbly crafted; and if you've always had a sneakin' regard for Southern Stars like Skynyrd, Hatchet & Special (as in Lynyrd, Molly & .38), then this latest release from multi-platinum US rockers 3DD will have you raisin' a large glass of sour mash in sheer celebration. The title track/opener is a superb statement of intent, riding the sort of greased rails that .38 Special put their mark on back in the day, and what flows from there is always of a genuinely high standard. You also get some quality bonus material, including a studio cut that could easily have made the album proper, and hopefully more UK dates and festival appearances to come. If you've ever wondered why 3DD have sold 16 million albums (and counting), this will answer your question in spades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knock Knock! Who's there....A really good album! Enjoy., 8 Nov 2011
K. Buxton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Of My Life (Audio CD)
First of all let me say that I'm not one of 3DD greatest fans but this album is excellent, I had this on and my son thought it was nickleback, okay the voice is similar being strong and forceful. I get fed up listening to albums that have no melody or catchy tunes and sounding just the same all the way through, but not this album, strong songs and catchy tunes make this highly enjoyable, I highly recommend this album, just enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerfull music.., 10 July 2014
R. D. Mayles (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Of My Life (Audio CD)
I wasn't sure when I first listened to it,comparing it to other 3DD albums it was a bit "thrashy" but on more listening it grows on you. It will never be my favourite but great for the collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 Doors Down Time of my Life, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Time Of My Life (Audio CD)
I love this band, so anything they do will get my attention - They've not disappointed with this ablum either - It has all the magick that 3 Doors Down regularly deliver & it still has that driving power & lyric fest that always woos me....Even if you just buy this & take a chance on it, you wil not be wasting your money - 3 Doors Down cannot do wrong--it will grow on you & you will find yourself hooked;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Time Of My Life (Audio CD)
This album is actually much better than I expected. Better than their previous album, maybe even better than their older albums. I had seen them perform in 2009 and was a bit disappointed, but this album I play constantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars best album, 28 Aug 2012
S. Thim - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Of My Life (Audio CD)
this is the best three doors down album yet. there os melodic tracks and hard rocking tracks. I surely hope too experience them live once again in the near future

4.0 out of 5 stars Seek and you shall find, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Time Of My Life (Audio CD)
A great album. But if you are tempted to buy have a look in HMV. This is in their 2 CDs for a tenner range

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 30 April 2012
maybe not as strong as previous albums but definately worth listening to. its quite upbeat as an album and most of the songs are good. the acoustic versions are a nice touch

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Time Of My Life
Time Of My Life by 3 Doors Down (Audio CD - 2011)