5.0 out of 5 stars The business
I am suspicious of miracle fabrics, hi-tech, ambitious claims. Expensive stuff often turns out to be snake-oil.

But these gloves are the business. Lightweight, they nonetheless robustly keep out ALL wind. They simply stop it dead. Your hands stay warm.

In rain, the water beads on the surface, and rolls off. Your hands stay dry.

The light...
Published 23 months ago by Katie Strachey

3.0 out of 5 stars good in the main, but not full winter gloves
These gloves as others have said come up small the circumference of my hand (around the widest part not including the thumb) is 22 cm and size 8 is just right.

Published 16 months ago by a customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars good in the main, but not full winter gloves, 28 Aug 2013

These gloves will perform well ..certainly for Autumn or maybe a cold still day, but they DO NOT keep all the wind out ( i cycled through Winter and even when the temperature was above freezing and a decent wind, my hands were NOT toasty).

My commute is about 25 minutes, and if the temperature is say 3-4 degrees C and there is abit of a wind you should be ok, but do not expect these to perform when the temperature is below freezing with the winds we had this March.(for this i wore these under my waterproof ski gloves- these worn on their own would have been freezing (they are not magic gloves).

There is plenty of padding on the palm and they feel well made but although the gloves are quite windproof, ( in certain conditions as described above and not an icy blast day , when the temperature plummets) but as for a full Winter glove ,they are just not thick enough to be considered a full solution to 'put these on and forget about cool fingers'.

5.0 out of 5 stars The business, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Gore Bike Wear Power Soft Shell Men's Cycling Gloves (Sports)

In rain, the water beads on the surface, and rolls off. Your hands stay dry.

The light feel of the gloves means that you can easily bend fingers to work brakes and gears.

The palms are grippy, and there is even (thoughtfully) a soft surface on the fingers for wiping drips off your nose in cold weather. Disgusting but very effective.

The cuffs are long and stop cold and rain creeping down the backs of your hands.

Wish I had had these years ago. They are a terrific buy and great for any rider. If you think about what you want cycling gloves to do, these gloves do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cycling gloves I've had, 11 Feb 2014
N. C. Crabtree "Ravendarque" (Chandler's Ford, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I love these gloves. I could even be bordering on obsession with these gloves. They just feel so soft and they look so good and while I can feel the handlebars, brakes and gears, I can't feel the wind or the rain. I'm sure a long ride in heavy rain would penetrate through but who cares? The alternative is the massive, chunky, sweat-inducing mitts which I've tried in the past. These bad boys would be dry in a flash given a spot on the radiator and without smelling like a vintage gym locker too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pair of gloves., 20 Jan 2012
A great pair of gloves. Can recommend on these cold winter days. These were for my wife and, sorry to say, I have a pair too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gloves, would buy again, 28 Jun 2014
great gloves , would buy again, warm enough for autumn and sprig, not for snow and ice tho

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good gloves, 12 Oct 2014
I cycle a lot and have searched for good winter gloves for years. These are the best so far, however for really cold mornings, i.e. -3 downwards ambient they need a fleece lining pair. (Picked those up in an outdoor shop for £3). Hence the 4 stars. Excellent for signalling with the white back and reflective strip. My hands have never got damp in them, even in driving snow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windproof, 12 May 2014
Only owned 2 weeks but been out in different weather conditions. In not windy condition about 10 degrees these were perfect for someone like me that gets very cold hands. In gale force wind and 10-12 degrees also performed as well in insulating my hands. Almost no difference in the sensation.
Found surprising that my hads never overheated when not exposed or on long climbs, as they seem to be very warm gloves.
Also used during a walk in very windy condition to test if these would overheat, but no, really good confortable warmth.
Would not use in stead of winter gloves in cold weather (5 degrees and below) but that is not what these gloves are for. If you do not suffer at all from cold hands then possibly could get away with it in winter.
The size is true agains Gore's own charts.
Padding on the palm on contact point was good too. The material is cofortable and soft, especially around the cuffs where it may otherwise chafe or annoy whilst riding.
Look wise they are very smart. Would recomend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very warm, 26 April 2014
I was always getting cold hands, but not with these bad boys. They keep my hands feet all of the time. In the summertime they are a little too warm if I'm being picky

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves, recommend, 21 April 2014
If it is really really cold then you feel it in your fingertips, otherwise they work well. They are durable, I usually go through cycling gloves very quickly, this pair is lasting. They are waterproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gloves. Good quality, well designed and warm!, 7 Mar 2014
These are great gloves. I'm really happy with them. I pondered over if I really wanted to spend £40 on them but glad I did.

PROS
Warm but not sweaty. I bike in 2c+ so I can't tell you how good these are below freezing but for general cold UK winter weather they held up fine.
Well designed - Soft area to wipe your nose is a really good idea - especially when you start to warm up from being cold.
Nice Grip - Well placed grip - perfect for biking
Nice padding - padding on the palms is a nice extra touch
Colour - they look great. I went for the red and black.
Good Quality - I have been using these for 2 months and not any problems
Extra length - seal well around your wrists to stop those chilly winds getting in

CONS
Size - They fit me perfectly. I am a large glove and have long fingers. I took the advice on here and went one size up. They are nice a snug but not too tight.

I guess you really do get what you pay for...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›