Price:£3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 15 December 2013
This little styptic pencil is about as big as my index finger, comes in a handy perpex tube, and is therefore ideal to carry instead of a larger alum block. Had a shave with a cheap razor as soon as I got it, sure enough, had 5 little cuts around my face. Applied this pencil, WOW the burn, but the blood stops flowing instantly. Seriously handy addition to any mans wash bag!

Tip: rather than wetting the actual pencil, I found wetting my finger and then rubbing the pencil on the pad of my finger tip worked well. Just apply your fingertip to the cut. Also more hygienic as the pencil won't get bloody.
on 13 January 2014
I can now walk out of a bathroom after a shave - anywhere in the world - and not look like I've been attacked with a knitting needle. Sayonara, pesky blood spots! Stings a might, but such is the pain of being a real man, what!
on 5 February 2014
I switched to safety razor shaving a month ago and decided to get this "just in case" (I'm still improving my technique, trying to make sure I go with the grain etc).

It arrived yesterday... just in time..

This morning, a moment of distraction left me with a heavily bleeding spot on my neck, and a large graze (about half the size of a UK postage stamp) under my bottom lip, on my chin. I'll spare the details, but these were some of my worst ever cuts in 15 years of shaving and were beyond "dabbing" with toilet paper.

So I quickly grabbed this and hoped for a miracle.

Test 1)
Dabbed a bit of water on the end, dabbed it on the spot - bleeding stopped. Instantly. I literally only touched it with the end.

A bit more water on the end, then I rolled the end over the graze. Bleeding stopped again! Completely. No more dabbing required. Happily then proceeded to get ready for work, it didn't need any more attention.

Doesn't sting much either :-)

Only items of note - after using, don't dry the area or brush it, once it's on, leave the skin to dry naturally - it doesn't leave much of a mark, but if there are any visible crystallised bits around the area, then yes, use a fingernail to remove them, but leave the directly affected area alone - I think the 1 star reviewer on here decided to wash the styptic residue off - it needs to stay on to work!

If the stick gets wet, don't put the cap on - let the stick dry out - I think it may crystalise over time due to the moisture if it stays damp in the tube.

End result - have I got a mark on my chin where I cut myself... yes.
Is it going to be a hideous scab due to the dried blood - NO, because the blood didn't get as close to the skin's surface - it clotted before the surface, not on it.

Add this to your toolkit, Osma Block is for minor nicks/daily use... this is for the occasional cuts where you forget you have a new blade in the razor!
on 25 January 2014
If you haven't tried these….then are are simply magic. Wet tip, touch the nick, endure the sting, and the bleeding stops immediately! This is much better than the block, whih arrived through the post shattered into thousand pieces. This is small and can put in wash bag permanently.
on 6 April 2013
a must have for anybody using a double edge razor. i have the larger block version but this is perfect for a travel wash bag.
on 29 October 2015
I guess as a post-shave nick and cut healer, it works a treat. After all, it is just a styptic stick when all said and done. However, the presentation of it is what let it down for me. The entire thing comes out of the plastic tube, which is fine, but the material is not as compact/dense as others I've used (green paper wrapped one for example). As such, when you are holding it, it is hard to not get the whole thing wet and it soon went weak and snapped on me. Could be my clumsy fingers, but anyway, I've had no such problems with the fore-mentioned styptic wrapped in green paper (Kan Kalemi?)

Having said that, now I have a plastic container just the right size to store my new styptics in, so all was not lost!
on 5 April 2014
This is a must have for everyone who wet shaves. If you are starting to use a Straight Razor, if you cut yourself with a new or old safety razor or if your girlfriend/wife has used your razor to shave her legs without telling you will need one of these. Any time you nick yourself Shaving just wet this and apply to the cut to stop the bleeding. No more bits of tissue stuck to your face.
on 22 April 2015
There was a time when styptic pencils were readily available in all the high street chemists. Then the 'safety razor' arrived and they were no longer necessary. Except, of course, most of us use our safety razors for far longer than the manufacturers would like and they do get a little old and the blade does get a little damaged and we occasionally get that little knick on the skin that cascades blood like a fountain! This is for those occasions. If you prefer not to go to that important meeting with blood-soaked toilet paper stuck to your face then this is for you. A little bit of this will seal the cut quickly (A lot will make you look like you've dabbed your face with chalk in a louche, devil-may-care manner that just screams self-confidence).

It comes in a kind of test tube and, if you haven't used one before - remember to dry it thoroughly after use or you'll come back to a test tube filled with damp salt that you'll need a toothpick to get out!
on 15 April 2014
....to stop those nicks and cuts being a prolonged nuisance after shaving. The flow of blood stops pretty much instantaneously on application and the easy to use stick has healing, antiseptic properties too. Finally, make sure you keep the tube and cap which the pencil comes in, keeping it clean and dry ready for the next use.
on 21 July 2015
if you dont dry it perfectly every time you use it eventually it will get stuck to the inside and start to turn into mush as you try to get it out. i would recommend the small block that comes in the cardboard box from the same company. a far better product for basically the same price from the seller i got it from.

See one answered question