Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 7 July 2011
Ok, I admit that I bought this on a sunny afternoon in York to obtain the version of "It Ain't Me Babe" by Edwina Hayes, but what a treat !! Unlike many complilations this never suffers for any falls in quality either artistically or technically. The "sound" is consistantly excellent throughout with no big changes in "recording quality" or "balance" which frequently make compilations hard to listen to. The choice of songs is excellent too (well done Christine Collister for donating a track - it's excellent). In fact this album is so good it could even convert a few "non-Bob" fans. It's a bargain price for a double CD, it's beautifully packaged, and the proceeds go to Oxfam - what more do you need to know ? - (well you need to know that Edwina's version of "It Ain't Me Babe" is just great). BUY IT NOW WHILE STOCKS LAST - you won't be disappointed !!
on 4 July 2011
Bought this after hearing a track on the radio. All excellent interpretations, good selection of well and perhaps lesser known songs. A real bargain even if you're not a folk or Dylan fan.
on 22 September 2011
Great musicianship, great interpretations. A must for any Dylan fan. I Can't believe it's so cheap, charities could have made a lot more.
on 27 May 2013
I have quite a few Dylan covers compilations. In fact Bob fans seem to have covered his compositions more than any other - except of course the Beatles.

This one, however, is special. A great selection, beautifully covered and sensitively sequenced.

Unlike many it plays through from start to end without causing me to press the skip button once.

In my view, yes it's the Best Dylan Covers Comp. Ever.
on 24 June 2011
Here's a double CD of 30 odd Dylan songs covered by a batch of the latest U K folkies none of which are known of to me but who donated their services free the profits going to Oxfam.
Its not going to raise thousands but its more proof that the most influential name of the 2000s has been Bob Dylan
on 18 September 2011
Excellent songs well rendered. Original and varied arrangements well worked out. A lovely piece of music to own. Of course it is quite important to like Dylan but who can not ?
on 23 March 2013
I bought this album at a recent Gary Hall gig (I Shall Be Released) mainly because it was for charity. Forget the "charity" tag, though. This album is stunningly good. I never tire of listening to it. Generally, I'm not a great fan of compilation albums but this one breaks the rule, mainly, because there are a number of lesser-known Dylan tracks to enjoy. With this album you also get the bonus of being introduced to some unsigned artists that would, otherwise, have passed you by. Dylan fan or not, you will enjoy this album and you get the added satisfaction of contributing to Oxfam. Gary Hall told me the sales have, so far (March 2013), raised over £3000, so not an insignificant amount.
on 1 May 2013
I've only listened to this once and dont usually write a review in music until I've had quite a few listens, however, being familiar with the songs I have quickly made the decision that it is really quite exceptional. There is not an under par song on the two albums
while some are the best versions I've heard (including Bob Dylans)'. Oh Sister' with mandolin and viola is a beautifully haunting
rendition of this song that I'm sure the composer would be proud of. I have heard many fine versions of 'To make you feel my love'
and this is up there with them, but as I said they are all fantastic versions of songs written by arguably the finest lyricist ever.
on 28 June 2012
This is an excellent review of Dylan's considerable catalogue done by artists not many would know but who clearly love the material they're working with. A real find. And all proceeds to Oxfam which makes the exercise even more worthwhile. With a new Dylan album coming in September this is a timely reminder how great a writer this man really is. We are fortunate to live in his time on earth.
on 12 May 2012
I have bought many compilations of Dylan covers. This is the one that lives in my car CD player. I was not familiar with most of the singers but the performances and choice of songs make for a really good listen whenever I'm out and about. As another reviewer says the sound balance is excellent. Currently I have been particularly enjoying 'Changing of the Guard'.