on 7 November 2013
This is a decent antenna that at the price is worth purchasing if you need extended range. However, I don't believe it is 11db and for a few pounds more you can do better.

I purchased this as I wanted to get a little more signal between my garage and the WiFi router. As I was already getting an almost acceptable signal I thought this antenna would be sufficient. In this respect I was disappointed as the signal was worse.

As has been stated in a previous review, without measuring equipment I can't state categorically that this antenna is not 11dbi. I can however compare it's performance under similar conditions with two other antennae that I own.

I used an AWUS036NH adapter connected to a laptop running the current version of Kali Linux. Using that I observed the received power from my router using the airodump-ng application at a distance of 15 meters through 2 brick walls.

The antenna provided with the adapter is rated at 5dbi which was used as my base reading. The 11 dbi antenna being reviewed gave an indicated received power that was consistently 5 or 6 db stronger than the base reading. However, my TP-LINK 2408C which is rated at only 8dbi gave a reading that was 4 to 5 db more powerful than the reviewed item.

I would suggest that for the extra couple of pounds you consider the TP-LINK TL-ANT2408C to be the better option. Link below.

TP-Link TL-ANT2408C 2.4GHz 8dbi Indoor Omni-Directional Desktop Antenna
on 9 July 2013
I know there are reviews on here with people saying the antennas are not giving the specified gain. Well all I know is unless you have an RF analyser I doubt that argument can be answered. I however purchased these to put on my TP Link range extender to boost the WiFi range of my Parrot AR Drone and boy do they work. Massive improvement I'm happy
on 4 May 2013
I attached this to my 3Com router and the signal was even worse than with a stock 3db antenna.
Better try an antenna that comes together with a device, e.g.
on 4 May 2013
This antenna is nowhere near as the claims made. I bought another branded unidirectional antennae which claimed 6dB and is a lot better.
on 24 April 2013
got 2 of these, they boosted my signal by 30%. very happy
they are a standard connection so will fit on normal routers.
on 15 August 2015
Perfect discription ,excellent service.