4.0 out of 5 stars A good mix
I bought this after receiving a similar cd as a gift and was not disappointed. A lot of original and cover versions of good and not so good songs. Plenty of variety either way. Some songs done very well by artist's I normally can't stand (such as Kylie Minogue & Amy Winehouse). Well worth the money.
Published on 8 Aug. 2011 by Ray G

3.0 out of 5 stars some songs are excellent
Some songs are really good while some performances are showing lack of talent of a performer. Like any other CD package, not all the songs are great...
Published 21 months ago by Igor Korzinek

4.0 out of 5 stars A good mix, 8 Aug. 2011
Ray G (North Yorks) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mix of artists! Some interesting and unexpected covers!, 18 Nov. 2013
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
As someone who is new to the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge CD series, I bought this 'best-of' compilation, and was very impressed with most of the content.

I love the idea that these sets include unique acoustic performances from acts who either give their own songs a completely different interpretation (I especially like track 18: U2's 'Beautiful Day') or cover over peoples', often with excellent, unexpected results. This makes Live Lounge so different from the standard compilations, they actually offer the listener something completely new.

There are 40 tracks spread across the CDs from a variety of talent. I would never have thought of the Arctic Monkeys in the same sentence as Girls Aloud's 'Love Machine', but I really like their cover. I was surprised by McFly as well, I haven't played their singles since school and never thought I'd do so again, but I actually like their version of 'I Kissed A Girl' over the Katy Perry original (one of my least favourite tracks at the time it was released). I love how creative all of the artists are. Of course, with a collection this size, there was always going to be tracks that I will never play again, hence the four stars, but everyone has different tastes - and there is something for anyone here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection of acoustic music, 2 Jan. 2012
This is an excellent collection of acoustic covers and re-imaginings that works well as ambient music, or something to listen to on a lazy day. Notable mentions (in my opinion) are Adele's "Chasing Pavements", the Foo Fighters' "Times Like These" and U2's "Beautiful Day". All in all, well worth the admission price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Correction, 14 Jun. 2011
Sorry - just to correct the review above, and as per the album description - there IS a new track. It's the Leona Lewis cover of 'Run', which has never been on a Live Lounge album before. It's CD2 track 20.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent talent and music, 7 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Best Of BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge (MP3 Download)
Just an excellent selection of great modern talent singing and playing great music - 40 tracks, all winners; that's value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new music to renew your collections, 26 Feb. 2013
S. Williams (Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having had my collection frozen in the 80s and 90s I was looking to find some new music with new performers. This collections is an amazing sample of styles and content from various artists - all of whom are truly talented. I simply couldn't recommend it more highly as a way of finding good contemporary music without listening to loads of 'poppy' drivel

5.0 out of 5 stars discover, 6 Dec. 2012
I love how creative the artists are. I crank this music up on my surround sound in my house, and it sounds like the performance is happening right in my home! It's raw, and it's awesome. I have all the volumes, and they are all good.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love live music, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Best Of BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge (MP3 Download)
I love live music and I love how artists can transform a song in to their own - I did prefer the original live lounge songs which they did freestyle in interviews rather than being chosen for them and performed in the studio...

4.0 out of 5 stars easy on the ears, 4 Aug. 2011
This is a great double album ,I Love at least 80% of these original tracks already and I am sure the rest will grow on me. Leona's track (final track on the album)is truly stunning. well done the BBC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracked case, 21 Feb. 2015
CD really good unfortunately the case was cracked-good job it wasn't a present for someone. Packaging seemed quite sturdy so maybe the it was already cracked when put into cardboard packaging :(