4.0 out of 5 stars Daddy's Little Girls was a hit in our household...
I like Tyler Perry - ever since I saw 'Why Did I Get Married?' (the play version and then the film with Janet Jackson) - I wanted to see Daddy's Little Girls. I ordered it, and the day it arrived I sat down with my two eldest daughters to watch it.

Published on 27 Aug 2008 by Skargasm

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable film
This film is okay, it has a lot of clichés but i quite liked it. The storyline (without giving anything away) is basically a career woman meets a man who is beneath her socially i.e she is a lawyer, he is a mechanic, but she likes him anyway.

Published on 11 Oct 2007 by Sweet P

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable film, 11 Oct 2007

There are some sub plots eg, baby momma drama, drug dealers, but i just think this film never really gets off the ground and then ends too quickly. The acting is pretty good and you do get to know and like some of the characters but i think the storyline could have been beefed up a bit more.

The film is a typical romatic comedy and does have lots of funny moments especially the one liners from the little girls. I would recommend it, its corny and you know whats gonna happen in the end but its still worth watching and gabrielle Union is good in this too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daddy's Little Girls was a hit in our household..., 27 Aug 2008

It made me cry, it made me laugh, and it made me happy. Yes, it was corny and cliched. Yes, it ended too soon. And some of the characters were definitely only 2 dimensional.

But for all of that, I felt it was a film that showed that black men love their kids too, can be there for them, and that love should not depend on your income or status.

Heartily recommend.

P.S. Idris Elba is seriously FINE!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tyler always delivers, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Daddy's Little Girls [DVD] (DVD)
Wonderful, love Tyler Perry's films, lesson to be learned in all his films and as per usual one to watch with all of the family as there is no nudity or profanity, so no PG moments, watch with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars very touching film, 16 July 2012
Mrs. S. Hutchinson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daddy's Little Girls [DVD] (DVD)
Highly recommended, very good acting and the story very emotional and heart lifting. The plot is very realistic and the the daughters are very good actresses. Highly entertaining.

3.0 out of 5 stars Feel good film, 13 Jun 2011
This is a nice feel good film to watch, even though, the outcome is predictable. Gabrielle Union and Idris Elba are perfect for the roles they portrait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good family movie, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Daddy's Little Girls [DVD] (DVD)
Definitely recommend this movie to friends. Very sensible writer and producer. Good stuff. Tough times never last, but tough people do.

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Daddy's Little Girls [DVD] (DVD)
loved this film made me laugh but also sad in parts would definitely recommend to family and friends. good Saturday night viewing

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite movies., 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Daddy's Little Girls [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched this movie about 5 times already, but never get tired of watching it. A bit deep at times, but overall, a great movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Familial entertainment, 17 Nov 2012
This review is from: Daddy's Little Girls [DVD] (DVD)
The movie was entertaining to watch, whether alone or with the girlfriend. Unlike most family movies, the children have a very close relationship with the father and the mother is the abusive parent. Nice having a change now and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars heartwarming tear jerker, 20 May 2012
This review is from: Daddy's Little Girls [DVD] (DVD)
I love this movie. Tyler Perry does it again! curl up on the sofa with a box of kleenex for a heartwarming story where the ordinary Joe wins in the end.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Daddy's Little Girls [DVD]
Daddy's Little Girls [DVD] by Tyler Perry (DVD - 2011)
9.18