Format: Blu-ray|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 7 October 2011
Yes this is a very unusual film, it stars (Oliver Bartelemy of "Mesrine" fame) as Remy; he is an immature adolescent who everyone seems to have a manic dislike to and the reason for that? Well it is pretty obvious, he is ` a ging-er' or any other pejorative term you wish to call someone who euphemistically often refers to themselves as `strawberry blonds'. His football team hate him, his sister despises him and his mum pretty much regrets the union of spirits that led to him being born into an unkind world.

He avoids reality by searching for love on the internet, once his self harming `girlfriend' says she will really harm herself, he sets of to save the day in a graveyard. En route (well this is French after all), he quite literally runs into Patrick - Vincent Cassell (`Black Swan' and 'Mesrine'). They sort of hook up and Patrick is a psychiatrist and decides to help Remy get his self respect back. First off they go for confrontational violence with the aim of initiating some meaningless but non the less, gratifying sex.

As Remy becomes emboldened he has a brain wave and that is that in Ireland everyone has red hair and so they will be Kings among men with their bright red `carrot tops', so off to the ferry and freedom!
This then is an often funny, violent, mad and very surreal film which takes us on a personal journey into a person's own shame. It has gay undertones, but they are a `red' herring (oh I should not have said that). It is probably one of those films that will have you raving or raging. What would be a plot hole in an ordinary film, is transferred to being part of the madness that this road trip of sorts takes us on.

It is 109 minutes long and first time director Romain Gavres has done a more than passable job of keeping me, at least, entertained for the larger part. It is both original and amusing and the sort of film that big companies would shy away from; in French with pretty good sub title's, if you like off beat films and European cinema then you should try this one out.
on 14 August 2013
After the likes of Mesrine and Irreversible I became a big Vincent Cassel fan. How excited I was when I first heard of this under-the-radar 'Our Day Will Come' so I snapped it up without thinking. I could not have been more disappointed with this poorly made incoherent mess of a film.

A depressed ginger loser (Olivier Barthelemy) is befriended by a sociopathic ginger psychiatrist (Vincent Cassel) who attempts to help him open up and realize his dream. His dream after seeing some gingers on a postcard of Ireland is to go to Ireland (from France) and "be with his people". So begins an uninteresting and utterly pointless journey of strange mediocre events culminating in ... well ultimately nothing.

You'll struggle to find anything worth watching or caring about as this awful movie goes absolutely nowhere, slowly.
on 31 July 2012
I must big this film up because it only has two stars and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Two red haired men embark on an orgy of violent revenge against a world which they perceive as discriminating against them because of their hair colour.
This is a very leftfield film in the European art house tradition with some violent and disturbing scenes. If you are accustomed to films with a clear story with a beginning, middle and end where things are satisfactorily resolved this film will not be for you.
If, however you are willing to take a risk and want to see something unlike anything you ve seen before, give this a go. The work of Michael Haneke, Luis Bunuel, David Lynch, Russ Meyer, John Walters comes to mind watching this.
on 7 March 2014
this dvd arrived on time in safe and secure wrapping. It was then sent unopened to my friend in Ibiza. He was very happy with it.
on 3 November 2011
I had high hopes for this film after viewing the trailer and the fact that Vincent Cassell takes a lead role. The film starts off well and we're intregued by Cassell's maniac character taking the young Remi under his odd wing. Remi is a deeply troubled teenager, confused, unconfident and a victim. The two men share a common victimisation and they begin to strike back against a society they see as punishing them for the way they are. Ok so this was building up nicely then the film just falls flat, the story doesn't really know ultimately where it's going and the offbeat notion of it is without message. I found myself looking at my watch towards the end of the film as I was becoming irritated with it to be honest. Apart from Cassell - avoid!.
on 1 May 2012
I had expected a much different movie to what I actually got. The reviews I had read led me to believe that this was an action movie with a different storyline, to what I am used to. It proved to be nothing like any positive reviews, it was slow paced, boring and poorly acted. I have been an on then off fan of Vincent Cassel's, he has made many good movies and a lot of 'B' grade ones. This would have to be one that I rate at the bottom of his list of movies.
on 6 August 2012
Terrible French film about two morons who indulge in weird, threatening and violent behaviour in an attempt to deal with their feelings of alienation. The whole thing goes nowhere and and there are countless scenes that have no point or purpose. Terminally boring and a complete non-event. Pity because Vincent Cassel is a good actor.
on 7 September 2012
After being convinced to buy after seeing trailer I was very disappointed! Story line is ridiculous and extract. it's more of a black comedy type of film. The front cover is very misleading!. Going to give disc to a charity shop or use as a tea mat!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 February 2012
Saw a trailer for this on another world cinema movie.... possibly the worst film I have ever seen....Don't Do IT.