5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent transition from breast to bottle
Published 23 months ago by Uchenna Orizu

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, but my baby didn't
Published 10 months ago by C J Biggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent transition from breast to bottle, 30 Jun. 2013
This review is from: MAM Anti-Colic Self-Sterilising Bottle 130 ml - White (Accessory)
My baby had been exclusively breastfed for 4 months so when my husband or myself tried to give her expressed milk in a bottle she totally refused to take it. I tried so many types of teats n bottle makes but she refused all of them. Finally when I tried her on this MAM bottle , she took it straightaway from me. It's been a miracle and an absolute God send, she still drinks from this bottle on the rare occasion when I need to bottle feed her and no matter how far away the last time she used the bottle was, she still sucks instinctively and comfortably as soon as Inpop the bottle in her mouth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver!, 24 Jun. 2014
I have been painstakingly trying every day for 3 weeks to get my 10 week old baby girl to take a bottle of expressed milk...I tried tommie tippie, Dr Brown's, NUK latex and silicone teats, the medela calma, all to no avail, she would (after great perseverance) take the teat in her mouth, but refused to suck! As a last ditch attempt I thought I'd try the MAM bottle and thank goodness I did...I received it yesterday and it took a couple of attempts, but she instantly seemed happier with the shape of the teat and tonight took expressed milk from the bottle. I will now be purchasing the MAM self sterilising starter pack which is a snip at £20 for a 15 piece set. Yes, you need to make sure that the component parts are well screwed together, however it is not complicated. Thank you MAM for a fantastic product.

4.0 out of 5 stars And both my baby twins liked the nipple, 21 Jan. 2015
On there one hand they did - somewhat - reduce colic. And both my baby twins liked the nipple.
On the other hand - OMG - the amount of fiddly parts and the frequency of leakage.

I know - if you are reading this because you believe your baby has colic you will try anything. In my case, the colic wasn't so aweful and it turned out quite a lot of the pain came from reflux. So perhaps I am not an ideal test case. By then, however, we had bought over 20 (for two babies) so we stuck with it.

But when I think of the number of hours spent cleaning all the little parts....

I am now slowly moving my one year olds on to Playtex. These are 90% easier to clean, have a disposable liner (not very expensive), rarely leak and are ALSO supposed to prevent colic, because the soft inner liner collapses as the milk is drunk, thus no air can remain in there with it.

We'll see. For those for whom MAM is the ONLY answer to colic - then, great. For us it wasn't ...

And the self sterilizing thing is a gimmick. Who on earth only sterilized one bottle at a time? If you were on a desert island, with one single bottle, and one single microwave - then maybe this would be handy. But surely all real world mortal parents like to sterilize 6 at a time in one of those (pretty cheap) bowls sterlizers with a lid? That was way easier than balancing each bottle individually on all its component parts...

Good luck. I would try the Playtex first (though not as widely available ), they are a much better design.

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, but my baby didn't, 5 Aug. 2014
I had such high hopes for this and really wanted it to work. We have been using TT bottles to give my 2 month expressed breast milk, but the valves keep sticking so we need to replace them with something more reliable. I liked the idea of the anti-colic technology and that you can sterilize them in the microwave without a steriliser (great when visiting relatives or when out and about). I really like the look of these bottles and the range of sizes (some can be so big) and, following the instructions, I didn't have any problems with it leaking. However, my daughter just did not get on with them and kept blowing air back in through the teat, filling the milk with bubbles. Obviously this defeats the object of an anti-colic bottle. I think she is just used to the breast shape of the TT bottles and didn't like the flat teat. I contacted MAM customer services and they have been fantastic and have sent out a new bottle and the next size teat in case that is the issue, so I look forward to giving that a go. I would say it's definitely worth trying these bottles as, if your baby gets on with them, they should work well and look so much nicer that the other bottles out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabuloys, 1 Feb. 2014
Best baby buy! Been trying to give our exclusively breast-fed baby some expressed milk but she wasn't taking any bottles-tommee tippee and breast flow. A friend suggested MAM and my baby took it first time without even a groan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing. I had tried every bottle you can possibly ..., 5 April 2015
Amazing. I had tried every bottle you can possibly think of to try and get my 5 month old to drink from a bottle and she was having none of it! Tried this bottle, she gummed the teat for a minute or 2 then latched and started drinking happily! Wish I had just bought one of these to start with rather than spending the small fortune on fancy 'breastfeeding' bottles that are on the market!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 25 April 2013
Very good quality product well packaged. Ideal for our new gift baskets. Excellent service, quick dispatch excellent communication. Will be back

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 15 Nov. 2013
The service was brilliant bottles turned up very quickly and my son has got on really well with these bottles, has a lot less wind with these. Will definitely be purchasing more and definitely recommend these with the transition between breast to bottle feeding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mam bottle, 17 Sept. 2013
I love the fact that i don't have to bring steriliser when we go away. The baby prefer this bottle other than big brand name in the market. It does the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for weaning breastfed babies to bottle., 11 Mar. 2015
I tried many different bottles trying to wean my breastfed baby onto one bottle a day. This bottle was by far the best and after a week of trying other bottles it was the first time he actually drank properly. The self sterilising option for the bottle is also great making it really transportable although I do heat the bottles in a microwave as I'm not sure how water tight they are for heating with the vents in the bottom.