Format: DVDChange

on 16 November 2011
I got all of Michael Ball's concert DVDs and in my opinion this one is the best so far. The sound quality is top-notch, the song choices reach from current chart-hits to "oldies" from the sixties and seventies to musicals, form slow romantic ballads to ubpeat uptempo numbers and Michael himself is at his best. If you already are a Michael Ball fan, this DVD is a must. If you're not: Be ready to become one after buying this DVD. There's also a special about how putting together a concert, including comments by Michael and his background singers.

The setlist is as follows:

Heroes medley (the band playing themes from different "Hero"-movies and series)
Holding out for a Hero
Bad Things
Don't stop believing (Glee-version)
Let the Heartaches begin
Play me
Misty
I'm never going to fall in Love again
New York State of Mind
New York Medley:
- On Broadway (with Adrian Hansel and Gary Watson)
- Empire State of Mind (by Laura Tebbutt)
- An Englishman in New York (with Gary Watson)
- Fame (by Holly James)
- Broadway Baby (by Sandra Marvin)
- New York New York
Weekend in New England
Sunset Boulevard intro (band)
As if we never said Goodbye
Sunset Boulevard
Somebody to love
Avenues and Alleyways
Pencil full of Lead
One Step out of Time
I can't help falling in Love with you
Help yourself
Love changes everything
For once in my Life
on 13 December 2013
Normally I purchase Audio CD and have almost all of Micheall Ball Albums. To watch his tour concert this April was a dream come true so I brought more orders shipped from UK. I loved when got to hear Mr. Ball describe story on each songs then followed by his beautiful voices. This change me to enjoy DVD. As if reading good books. Some songs can not found on CD "Don't stop me now" and "high flying adored" is wow.. It is represent my impression when I hear one gentleman saying this is magnificent after the show.
on 15 October 2011
Michael Ball-Heroes Live Concert DVD
Can't understand why I've been asked to review this as it's not due out until next month, but here goes:-
I'm happy to say I was there in Birmingham the night this wonderful concert was recorded. My daughter bought the tickets as a surprise birthday present for me, and we had a wonderful evening! Michael was his usual scintillating and energetic best. A joy to watch and listen to. His support group and musicians were simply top of the range, and added to the magic of the evening. It was standing ovations all the way through, with Michael singing songs written and recorded by musical HEROES past and present. If you love Michael Ball you can't live without this, he just gets better and better.
By the time this DVD actually comes out I shall have been to the Chichester Festival Theatre to see him in 'Sweeney Todd' (she gloated)!
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2012
Having seen Michael perform his 'Heroes' show last year, I knew I had to buy the DVD. Michael's playlist was phenomenal (all my absolute favourites), so I wanted to have a memento of that glorious evening. He never fails to please, so if there are any Michael Ball fans out there who have not yet purchased this DVD, buy it now!
on 3 June 2013
Another great show from Michael, although I prefer his 25th Anniversary tour from the Albert Hall - just because of the setlist and his ensemble of backing singers on that one.

This is still great, and as always he's a total pro with wonderful production values. No such thing as a bad Michael Ball show.
on 23 November 2011
I always buy Michael's new DVD for myself for Christmas. This arrived early and of course I wasn't going to wait.
My what a wonderful DVD. I also think it one of his best
ever. He justkeeps improving and is a wonderful
perfomer. I wish everyone could see this.
Buy it! Well worth it.
on 25 January 2014
Michael Ball Heroes Live DVD 2011 I bought this DVD for my Husbands Birthday but it was a bit disappointed in the song choices as we did not know quite a few of them but we still love his voice and never get tired of listening to him
on 16 November 2011
Well a new DVD and it was as good as always, not going to say a lot because if you like Michael Ball you know what you get, My only sorrow was no Joanna, but I can always put thye CD on.

Tina thank you for showing me how good he is.

All I can say is buy it sit back with a nice cold drink and enjoy.
on 11 January 2013
Can't stop playing this DVD. It is so professional and Michael's performance is outstanding. He consistently knows what his audiences want and bonds with them each time and of course, he looks fantastic. The band and singers too contribute magnificantly to this great show.
on 15 July 2015
Michael Ball's voice captured my attention a few years back. Since then, I have grown much fond of all his works on stage and on cd's. I am much pleased by this Heroes Live DVD. The making of as a bonus feature is a plus to watch and enjoy.