Epsilon
Format: Audio CDChange

on 2 October 2011
This album is, quite simply, powerful and uplifting from start to finish...which I believe is what "power metal" is all about. However, to label it merely as a power metal album would be wrong and undermine what Dreamtale really stand for, and that is melodic metal.

If you listen to this, expect lots of keyboard and symphonic tones. Personally I love this, so I would rate this album very highly. If I had one criticism (which is perhaps why it lost out on five stars), whilst most of the songs are incredibly impressive and leave you with a "wow" feeling after listening to it, in my view, others on the album do not leave quite such a lasting impression. The best tracks in my opinion are "Firestorm" (a great opening track), "Angel of Light" (brilliant chorus and nice melodies), "Fly Away" (possibly the best on the album), and "Strangers' Ode" (very melodic and epic, also bears a lot of folk influence). Others that do not quite stand out (although I would not call them "bad") are "Reasons Revealed" and "Mortal Games". The remainder of the tracks are very good but don't leave quite the same impression as the first three tracks I mentioned.

Having given a somewhat inadequate and confusing breakdown of the album tracks, what I will say is if you can simply view this album as a great (and possibly the best) instalment by Dreamtale then you can ignore the finer negative and positive aspects, listen to it for an hour and come out feeling very impressed. It is pure, unadulterated, melodic power metal with all the cheese you could hope for! It also seems to bear a lot of folk influence with melodies, symphonic undertones and keyboard motif's a-plenty, and the singer's voice is almost a replica of early Iron Maiden Bruce Dickinson (which, in my view, is no bad thing). Melodic power metal is my favourite genre of metal, so I scrutise bands in this genre very closely (having listened to a lot to compare it to), but this is one that definitely will be blasting out of my car in the days and months to come.

Despite its very minor flaws, this is an overall very impressive release and shows that Dreamtale are on the up in the melodic/power metal arena. If you are in to melodic and/or power metal I would definitely recommend buying this.
on 10 July 2011
This album is awesome .I had to buy the Korean version,since for some reason it is hard to find in Europa.But if you can find it ,buy it.This power metal band is great and this album,their 4th I think is a master peace.Power metal simply can not be better then this.
on 4 December 2012
Enchanting emotions and seductive feelings are aroused by such a majestic musical experience.

Lyrical harmonies offered through wonderfully eternal speed metal melodies, revealed by divine epical hymns.

Although impossible and unbearable the task of distinguishing some of them, one might yield to refering to the heavenly "Angel of light", "Lady of a thousand lakes", along with the of unspeakable beauty ballad "Reasons revealed".