5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening, interesting and very encouraging
I loved this DVD.
You don't get lots of nutritional detail and recipes etc.. You do get a real feel for how far away we have strayed from what a long evolutionary past has left us able to digest. Our bodies aren't coping well with the sudden rises in foods that would not occur in huge amounts naturally.
This all ties in with stuff I've heard recently about life...
Published on 8 Jun 2012 by Private Private

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but slow moving
It is lovely to watch a documentary with some good news.it showed how a raw diet can dramatically change people's health in just 30 days.
Published 14 months ago by AS Andreasen

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening, interesting and very encouraging, 8 Jun 2012
I loved this DVD.
This all ties in with stuff I've heard recently about life expectancy having changed with the emergence of agriculture. Apparently it had been assumed that agriculture increased life expectancy but apparently hunter gatherers were larger and lived longer than settled farmer communities (until pretty recently) because they had a very varied, low fat, (obviously largely raw diet). There was something again on Radio Four about it today.
The DVD has an appealing human interest side to it. You get to know the people who are packed off to try this new diet in the middle of nowhere (away from temptation with doctors and nutritionists etc. on hand). They are all lovely and go through a lot together. It's clearly not easy but is really worth it. The results are incredible. One of the participant's doctor was so pleased when they came home that he said he wanted to send all his patients to the ranch in the middle of nowhere.
Feeling inspired I've tried going raw for a bit. It's surprisingly much nicer than what I normally eat, takes less effort to prepare and (presumably because there's no blood sugar ups and downs) I didn't get as hungry as much or as often as normal despite losing weight. Unfortunately I have come off the wagon. I'm going to try again but this time better prepared. I think you need to make big habit changes like this with some preparation. Enthusiasm wasn't enough. Next time I will have found more recipes before I start because when you are hungry you don't want to be desperately searching the internet for a new recipe that you have the ingredients for. That just makes it too easy to revert to old habits, grabbing emergency provisions out of the freezer. I'll also plan meals out better. There is nothing except fruit for raw food people outside their own homes.
This is my favourite Amazon purchase (and there's been loads I'm afraid). It might even save my life. It might save yours. This is not just for diabetics. A lot of us could do with coming off all that sugar and fat and raw food also means no wasted vitamins or fossil fuels. Everyone's a winner.
Hope you like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars watch it if you have diabetes, or even if you don't. it's great!, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days (EU) DVD (DVD)
I watched this movie in my mother tongue (italian) and it was an eye-opening experience! This documentary shows the journey of a bunch of people affected by diabetes towards good health! it's amazing! it made me very interested in raw food, and especially, it made me full of hope, because this documentary shows evidence that diabetes is curable. All the subjects affected by diabetes were followed by a group of doctors and chefs under the instructions of Dr Cousens, MD, who also wrote a book about diabetes.
For the Italian readers interested in the italian version, the dvd is called "Crudo e Semplice", available on the italian Amazon.

Thank you Amazon for providing us with such a good product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable Results in Just 30 Days, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days (EU) DVD (DVD)
I have been reading and studying about how a plant based diet with plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts can improve our health.

This film is about six Type 1 or Type 2 diabetics who were sick and took a lot of pills. These people’s diet is dramatically changed and for 30 days they eat only raw foods.

The results are amazing. Most of them don’t need insulin anymore and get rid of pills. Overall their health dramatically improves.
In conclusion: an impressive film about how the foods we ate can make us healthy and even reverse diabetes. I gave this film a 5 star rating because it is definitely worth watching, but there was something I did not liked: the raw food presented in the film was unattractive and some of the 6 diabetics found it bland.

I go to raw food shows whenever I can and I always eat there because the food is delicious. Raw foods well prepared look appealing and taste great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but slow moving, 13 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days (EU) DVD (DVD)
This is a very interesting DVD. The results from one months trial are fantastic. I am going to try "raw" to try and reverse my type 2 diabetes. More to follow....

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRING AND THOUGHT-PROVOKING, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days (EU) DVD (DVD)
I gave it to a friend with type 1 diabetes but I doubt she'll watch it. I hope to have more luck with my husband. what can be done with diet - and what most doctors either ignore or have no idea about - amazes me. This dvd was inspiring. The effort needed to make the change is huge but the benefits also appear to be so.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing viewing that everyone must see, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days (EU) DVD (DVD)
The raw food diet is the way forward. We are all brainwashed to believe that medication is the answer, it is not. The raw food diet is the cure for all disease. Open your eyes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't think much of it., 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days (EU) DVD (DVD)
Does not say much about preparing the food or the new diet - raw food eating.

More for people who have a problem with diabetes.

Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days (EU) DVD
Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days (EU) DVD by : Lead Editor: Aaron Butler (DVD)