5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of fun - an excellent and enjoyable read
This is a very entertaining book for science fiction and fantasy fans. It is relatively short and makes for an easy and enjoyable read, with a classic tale of good versus evil, but with lots of fun and hilarity.
The target audience most likely to understand and enjoy the humour is mid to late teens, but as an approaching 50 year old I thoroughly enjoyed it too...
Published on 16 Feb. 2012 by Severian

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun easy read
This is aimed at the younger market but I found it easy to pick up and put down so I coulld happily read a chapter on the bus trip home.
Published 17 months ago by C D Lister

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 20 July 2013
This review is from: The Cornerstone: A Fast Paced Fantasy Adventure (Kindle Edition)
An intriguing and engaging story. Hard not to say it's value for money, as it was free, but it would have been worth the price of a normal book. This is an intriguing take on an idea, and you will not know how the book is going to end until you actually get there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 10 Jun. 2013
What a fantastic book! Brilliantly written, great fun, totally far-fetched, very funny, wonderful concept, refreshingly silly, thoroughly entertaining. Would highly recommend!!

4.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!!!, 8 May 2013
Let's start on the character s: they are all wonderful in their own way, Max is funny, Merelie is stubborn and delicate and other characters have a different personality.
The story line is almost perfect because all of the characters fit in to it superbly. I love the fact that everything is very modern as well as including old facts where it was necessary. The adventure was awesome awesome as it kept you wanting to turn the page. This book, unlike some others, made me eat my nails to the skin! The suspension was almost unbearable! Every line made me want to read on.
The only reason I did not pick a perfect five stars was that Nick could have described things in The Chapter Lands a bit better and in some parts of the book, particularly around the middle, needed a bit more adventure because there was a bit more description than needed and I think there should have been a bit more exiting adventure.
Other than that there is nothing bad I can say about this book. Nick Spalding keep this series coming!!!
I'm 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an excellent book., 8 May 2013
Apart from being funny, it had me hooked from the second or maybe third page. There are loads of options for future books & this could be an amazing movie !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun for adults or kids, 2 May 2013
cathie (worcestershir4) - See all my reviews
I have read Nick's other books "Love from both sides" ,"Love and sleepless night" and thoroughly enjoyed reading them. I was a bit wary about reading "The Cornerstone" as I don't usually read fantasy novels but I am so glad I gave it a go. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I have now passed it on to my daughter ro read who has also said how much she is enjoying too. Well done keep up the good work

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking good read, 17 April 2013
Enjoyed it very much, and hoping there's a next chapter! The characters deserve for more of their story to be told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 April 2013
I would definitely recommend this book, it will make you happy and make you sad, and will definitely make you laugh at max' s reactions to these unfortunate series of events...... but which it told you more at the end it left you to think about a lot of things and what could of happened, I read it in three hours I could not put it down, brilliant read for people that have a good imagination, without a doubt this book deserved a five star rating from me, as you read along you become closer to the characters making you feel what they feel, read this book. X

5.0 out of 5 stars Woohoo!!!, 14 Feb. 2013
Jenny Bambridge (West yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
That was amazing! What a fantastic story.
Must be read. If you don't read it you won't know what your missing!!
Max really has a sense of humour and great power. Not recommended for kids under 10 yrs old because it has bad language and I'm sure you don't want your kids saying stuff they shouldn't.

4.0 out of 5 stars Books will never be the same, 12 Aug. 2012
This is a very teenage novel, but don't let that put you off. To quote my son "Dad you have just got to read this it's awesome" And while I did not have quite the same reaction it was fun to read, surprisingly intelligent and engaging while providing a view into the modern teenage mind, worth the effort on it's own

5.0 out of 5 stars Really is as good as all of the reviews, 22 Jun. 2012
Yes, I know everyone is saying how good this book is, but it really is that good. The protagonist is a teenage boy (and it's a long time since I was a teenager and I've never been a boy) but I could relate to Max. The story was compelling and I laughed out loud on a number of occasions. Well worth a read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›