Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 19 December 2012
Made it two pages in but the authors total ignorance of the period ruined it for me at the outset. The names were frankly unbelievable - Taylor, Dillon, Janine ( what, the regency period is now set in an American high school?) and refer to the most famous public school as eaton, not Eton? It's not as if you need to try too hard to get some of the basic details right - google makes it a diddle. Failing that just reading georgette Heyer ( the acknowledged mistress in this area) would give you a basic insight into the period. If the author can't even be bothered to do that, maybe she should stick to contemporary romances instead.
on 20 February 2013
Lovely romance with a bit of suspense and drama, totally enjoyable. Only issues I have are to do with some of the grammar and some of the speech used by the characters. Perhaps more thought or research could have been put into using more olde world English instead of American grammar or unconvincing grammar. Otherwise I loved this story and look forward to reading the next instalment of the series.....
on 15 August 2014
I really enjoyed this book but I must say the word 'pint' jumped off the page at me near the beginning and this one innocent word was enough to completely make me stop reading and think... I don't like that in a book, especially when I was really enjoying it. I have read hundreds of books written in this era and not once can I recall someone asking for a pint.. I was also constantly thinking.. Taylor, okay this could happen as many children are given their mother's surnames as christian names but to me it was still a little bit too American. Thinking about it as I type this, can't even remember any what I would call typical English names from that era most were a bit modern. Wasn't sure how I felt about the dead wife bits, thought they were a bit too far fetched and beyond what would really be possible.
Okay all moaning over with... Fantastic book, I really enjoyed it and yes I would recommend to others to read it.
on 10 September 2014
Jane Charles relates really intriguing, excellent stories.
I can only surmise they are self published.
They obviously appeal to her mainly North American female readers.
Sadly she can't spell, doesn't have a grasp of the use of certain prepositions, tenses, misuses and obviously doesn't understand the meaning of many of the long words she uses. Her grammatical errors are sometimes deplorable.
Used, I assume, in order to impress her readers of the degree of her intellect .
She needs to 1) invest in a decent dictionary. 2) employ a literate editor.
A careful re-reading of Jane Austin and The Bronte sisters novels might remind her of proper English language usage.
I realise I'm a pedant, but these stories truly require much more careful editing.
on 22 February 2016
Lady Phoebe Johansen sister to the Marquess Felding, is making her debut, her brother realises how impetuous she is & asks his five friends to keep an eye on her. Taylor Qualls, the Earl of Sandlin, is one of these friends.

Taylor needs to marry & produce an heir before his 30th birthday to be able to fully inherit, so he’s looking for a wife but is constantly rescuing Phoebe.

This is a good novel, I warmed to the main characters & enjoyed the story & look forward to reading the other friends’ stories. I enjoyed the mystery & suspense too
My only quibble is the names, far too modern for the regency period & too americanised. However it’s fiction so they weren’t too distracting
on 25 June 2014
As soon as I read the first few pages I knew I was going to enjoy this book. Up until near the end I thought I was going to give it full marks, but it got a little annoying with unrealistic events that made you frustrated. overall though a very good read.
on 24 August 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book, the story line was one which kept me wanting to read more. The characters were good,and again I was fascinated by Lady Phoebe, strong willed, independent little 'Miss', but I loved her! The other characters, Noah, her mother and Lord Taylor Sandlin, were warming too. Poor Taylor, he really did have his work cut out .... but that's for you to find out and enjoy as you read. I didn't work out they mystery until well into the plot, and then there was a surprising twist to it too! Loved it, a great book to read on holiday or just to escape into a new world of fiction...
on 10 August 2014
Brilliant storyline with endearing central characters. Great twists just when you think you know who the villain is. Love Phoebe (wild and spontaneous). Would recommend this as a great read on a rainy day when you want to curl up with a good book.
on 16 July 2013
Once gain loved this novel Jane writes a really good storyline, and the character are rally amusing in the way they talk to one another. Loved it.
on 16 July 2014
I loved this book it's captivating, romantic and adventurous. The author hooks you in from the first chapter. I could not put this down