4.0 out of 5 stars Music for when the warm gets dark, and the light gets cold...
I'll start by saying that I'm one of those people that thinks "Little Earthquakes", "Under The Pink" and "Boys For Pele" (her first three albums) are Tori's best albums. Even though the albums released after them are all beautiful in their own way, I don't believe any of them had the same level of passion, intensity, and beauty of those first three albums...
Published on 24 Sep 2011 by C. MCCLELLAND

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice music without the singing
It comes as no surprise to me that Tori has released a version of this album which is just instrumental. I don't understand the rave reviews for this album - apart from a couple of tracks I couldn't say that I like it - and I tried, come to think of it I have been trying with Tori for a few years now. Probably Scarlet's Walk was the last album that was really any good...
Published 19 months ago by bookworm

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Masterpiece, 28 Sep 2011
This review is from: Night of Hunters (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
I have been a Tori fan for many years, and this latest work of hers is her best yet. It is a true masterpiece, and the orchestral and piano work in paritcular will leave you breathless. The instrumenal interlude on Star Whisperer - five minutes long - is absolutely magnificent and is enrapturing. Tori Amos has outdone herself this time, and proven what a truly gifted and timeless musician she is.

4.0 out of 5 stars A definite grower, 25 Sep 2011
S. Pomfrett - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night of Hunters (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
I love Tori Amos, almost to the point of obsession, although I don't always like her albums (Abnormally Attracted to Sin was a big let down.) So I was guarded when I first played this.

On first listening, it was pretty overpowering; I was unable to work whilst it was on. I figured it was 'difficult' and left it for a couple of days. I'm glad I did. I'm now listening to it as I type and I think it's a beautiful, interesting album and Tori's voice sounds amazing. I was a bit surprised when I realised that Tori's 11-year-old daughter was singing and couldn't believe that her voice belonged to a little girl.. it's haunting in its own way.

Anyway, it's not my favourite album, but I like it more and more every time I hear it. I think listeners need to be prepared for a bit of hard work and then to be swept away after a few listens. It really is worth it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Listen to the CD before you buy!, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Night of Hunters (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
Disappointing to say the least! The first time I have ever considered a CD to be pretentious crap and a complete "dude". I am surprised that Deutsche Grammaphon and others ever considered taking this project on board..What a waste of talent and money!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: Night of Hunters (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
I like a lot of Ms Amos work and don't mine the occasional over indulgent pieces, however, this album sounds like a bad drag queen musical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and complicated, 2 Oct 2011
R. N. ESPIŅEIRA "Rne" (Malaver , Argentina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night of Hunters (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
This is not the first nor the last time a pop star of the file becomes part of Deutsche Grammophon, which specializes in classical music and popularly associated with it, but certainly if Tori Amos is quite curious just expelled from the conservatory for his unorthodox way of understanding music, his taste for profane genres and their desire to transgress the limitations of staff, and all this with only eleven years now, late thirties then, is given carte blanche to disassemble, recreate and reinterpret large and, in some cases, immensely popular classical scores.

Tori Amos has never chosen the flat road and in this work, that somehow redeems a career increasingly difficult to assimilate and to certain questions, go back to build a great work inarbacable conceptual symbolism, as usual allows readings at different zoom levels. Superficially, we support a woman who just broke up with her partner of nightfall (`Shattering Sea ') to the hopeful dawn (' Carry ') on a trip around the duality, either between hunter / prey, man / women (from a historical perspective, social and individual) or, ironically, classical / modern music (hilarious, known the circumstances, that moment of 'Your Ghost' in which he says "He'll play a Beatles tunes / I , Bach fugue more / Is this Such a great divide / Between your world and mine "). If you already have hitherto seemed a mess, I have to remember that this is only the simplest interpretation. The complicated, always with the idea of ''telling a story in the most purely classical script requires and includes epic, mythological characters and intricate metaphors, however common in the discography of American make heard in the labyrinth.

The oddest thing about 'Night Of Hunters' is that, given the diverse origins of their referents (borrows scores of Satie, Schubert, Chopin, Bach, Debussy and Mussorgsky, among others), is one of the most compact discs, as unit it is difficult to think of listening to some of their songs separately. In fact, 'Carry' serving as a single in advance, but not until it is in the context when it reaches full strength. The most surprising thing is how and how Tori Amos, accepting, with all the race that takes her back, running the risk of running out of his usual collaborators, record sound, assign part of the role of Bösendorfer (always pervasive and indispensable to string and wind instruments and to point to passages that have already adopted as instrumental, get up and down one of his records provide more complete and personal. And the most exciting thing is not to discover the wink of `Star Whisperer 'to' Yes, Anastasia '(or both Schubert, rather) but meet the delicate voice of Natashya, daughter Tori, accompanying his mother on a handful delicious moments that a fan has to enjoy the brink of ecstasy.

And with the emergence of Natashya are still a few twists that give this 'Night of Hunters', a hard disk that requires lots of patience, to which you have to tip your hat as the result as a promising opening creative way in the career of Tori Amos: a) the character who plays the daughter, a kind of fairy named Annabelle, is, paradoxically, who guides the player through its affirmation and self-evening, and two) Natashya Hawley has , today, eleven years.

Night of Hunters (Deluxe Edition)
Night of Hunters (Deluxe Edition) by Tori Amos (Audio CD - 2011)