Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 5 April 2014
I am a support worker and use one of these at work, it is owned by a gentlemen whom I help get a shave in the mornings. I tidy his sideburns and other stray hair up with it. He purchased it a couple of years ago and it's a great little gadget that performs well and has lasted well also, and on this basis I purchased one myself. Bad decision! Visually it looks nigh on identical to the older model, but the quality of the components and functionality is atrocious. Firstly the old version has longer and more splayed out cutting teeth, to easily cut through wiry facial hair, where as the one I purchased has very short & tiny, closely packed cutting teeth, meaning it trims only very thin short hairs. Anything thicker and it snags or refuses to cut.

I believe that the positive reviews are for the older/better quality version, and the bad reviews are for the current, poor quality one.

Can't believe such a great product has been changed so much from the original design and manufacture, it is now just cheap crap. I have mine all boxed up ready for return. Do yourself a favour and avoid this product at all cost.
on 20 July 2012
The pre-release information sounded very good, so much so that I bought this item. Boy, was I deceived by the infomercials that were on show at Amazon.
What a complete waste of money buying this was!
Unless you are a pre-pubescent, this will not cut any hair.
I've tried cutting through my eyebrows and trimming the edges of my moustache and goatee and this product is completely useless.
Steer clear of this item like the plague - you WILL be disappointed, unless of course you have the peach-fuzz of a 14-year-old schoolboy; then it might just work.
on 4 August 2014
People who rated this 1 star either haven't read the instructions, or are using it in ways it isn't designed.

The edge trimmer is great, absolutely no complaints. The beard trimmer with combs is designed for short facial hair that just needs keeping in check every now and then, not for trimming through big thick full beards. It does take a few passes to get all the hairs, but it gets there in the end. It's what is expected of the price.

If you use it as per the instructions: pull skin tight and shave slowly against the direction of growth, it works as it should.

Great for someone that likes to keep a bit of a rug around their chops, but if you're a big beardy bloke, spend a bit more.
on 29 November 2012
Wasn't expecting much going by the previous reviews, but have to say I'm more than happy with it! only wanted it to help shape my tash ('Hollywood Style' like the box suggests) - Anyway if you want a perfect Johnny Depp style 'Van Dyke' this is great.
on 18 October 2012
A must have for eyebrow trimming. I'm so impressed with this little trimmer from Braun I find myself writing this (something i'd never usually do). I've tried out a few which didn't last long. This is cheap and works really well. Well done Braun.
on 9 June 2014
You are able to use this machine with little practice and get a well defined and precise trim. It is well suited to any unbalanced hands. It will do the job and the motor is quite powerful so it leaves your beard salon finished
on 10 September 2015
A replacement for one bought two years ago which has been used by my son who was glad to receive another one so it has already been road tested and recommended by him. Dlevery was very swift too.
on 30 May 2015
My husband loves using this since he got it. He uses it every day. Came in a small box, nicely packaged. Has different size trimmers which is very handy. Well worth the money
on 30 August 2015
I bought this item as I did not want to spend a lot for this kind of product.
The shorter guard is the length I like. I had to get use to the way to trim my beard you can not rush when using as this product is only battery operated. Using without guard was what I needed to shape as razors just don't give the same finish (under nose).
Once I got the result I wanted I trim every 2/3 days this works for me.
When you get this product use it every day for at least 3 days to settle in the look you like.
This product is not going to be for everyone but it works for me.
on 26 November 2014
Great little trimmer for ear and nose hair. Got to look good for the women, more of a man than a wolf.