on 17 May 2013
Fray stop is very hard to get hold of on the high st.
Have used this brand before.
It does what it says, Stops fraying
I use it in making Teddy bears where the seems are under stress when the bear is stuffed.
on 12 October 2014
This stuff is dreadful, had to but this because my usual "Fray Check" couldn't be posted to my location. Admittedly it stops the fraying and dries clear, but its awful to apply. Even a pinprick hole in the nozzle wasn't small enough to prevent the stuff leaking out at an uncontrollable rate. The first bit i used it on ended up absolutely drowned. I have ended up using a pipette, in the hope that the slight vacuum would help regulate the flow, it did, but the stuff still drips out of the pipette.which means you end up using masses of it.
on 12 December 2014
Just brilliant. Cross stitch fabrics, quilting cottons and clothing fabric... even tears you don't want to fray further before you mend them. I don't know how I coped without it. I will waste much less fabric now. Arrived promptly and the seller quickly sorted out a problem with this order, great service.
on 3 September 2013
I bought this to seal the wefts of my weave and it worked perfectly. It drastically reduced the amount of shedding I experienced when using my hair.and it dries clear. Loved this and would probably buy again once I run out.
on 14 August 2014
I bought this thinking it was hemlar fray stoppa which seems to have disappeared from the market. If you want to use this to stop your weave from shedding use it very sparingly, if you put a lot it leaves flaky white patches on and it still sheds.
Wouldn't recommend this. Still looking for a fray stoppa that's as good as hemlar fray stoppa
on 13 July 2015
Don't waste your money on this rubbish, it's just PVA glue that be bought at many discount high street stores in larger quantities and for a fraction of the price. I applied it to the fraying cuff of a waterproof jacket and though it dried clear, as per the product description claims, as soon as it got wet with the rain it turned white again, thereby completely ruining the look of an expensive goretex jacket. Not impressed. Would give zero stars if possible.
on 1 February 2014
Hemline Fray Stoppa is a fabulous product, it's a think n strong fluid and seems to hold most fabric edges, so there's minimum risk of fraying.
on 1 March 2014
I ordered a specific fray stoppa, I have tried and tested various fray stoppers over the years and found one that suits me. I ordered the specific product from this seller, exactly what I wanted. I spent a bit of time finding a good price and the exact product.
They even have a photo of the Fray Stoppa I wanted. They sent me something different. Not made by the same company, and not of the same quality. So I am not pleased with this at all.
on 11 July 2014