TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 October 2011
This is the replacement for the Sony Ericsson X10 which I always thought was too small but is a great improvement. I bought this for my son as his first Android phone and was about to get an HTC Wildfire S when I discovered this great phone. It is absolutely tiny, about the size of a pack of cards but the 3 inch screen is clear and just about big enough for video content or a game of Angry Birds. The technology packed into a phone of this price and size is amazing with a 5MP Camera with LED Flash (On par with camera on my HTC Desire S), 720P HD Video, 1 GHz Processor, the list goes on. The box includes a good quality pair of "In Ear" headphones with microphone and different size ear buds, a screen cover (excellent fit and no bubbles for the first time), 2Gb micro SD Card and charger with seperate USB lead.

The interface is customised Android 2.3 and is well thought out and intuitive with the ability to group items at the corner of the main screen and while it may not be as flashy and customisable as the HTC version it works well and is optimised for the smaller screen. The battery life is OK for a smart phone but it will need charging daily as do most of its competitors. The Sony PC Companion software downloaded via Sony Ericsson is well presented and synchronises the phone with PC content and Music held on applications such as iTunes. Most smart phones seem to be morphing into tablets and this highlights the advantages of a compact phone without the compromises in processor power on rival compact phones.
66 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 June 2012
I shall keep this short & sweet :)

This phone is really good, as you would expect from Sony Ericsson.
Being a fan of the Android platform, I found this one to be far better than I expected.
Everything runs very smoothly, the screen is sharp and resolution is fantastic, especially given it's small size.
With a 1ghz processor on bored, it's no slouch by any means, flash player is also supported.
The 5mp camera is very good, but not the best. It will take nice pictures for things like Facebook and has a good resolution for Instagram.
Not tested the 720p HD video yet but I expect it to be of a good quality.
There is plenty of room for apps.
The headphones that come with the phone are also of a good quality.

Are there any downsides? Well no major ones in my opinion. The usb port cover can be a little tough to open from time to time.
Over than that I can't think of anything that has been a problem.

The phone is really small, packing a 3" screen. My girlfriend has an iPhone 4s and the whole phone is about the size of her phones screen.

Overall I will say that this is a really amazing phone and looks great in white. It will usually go for more (At time of writing, Carphone Warehouse wants £149.99 fot this) so get it while the price is good :)
on 6 August 2012
I am a first time smartphone owner (although very knowledgeable on new technology), and usually do my research before buying into anything new.
So after nearly 3 weeks into owning the Xperia Mini, I love it! It's a great phone that does all the basics very well along with lots of personality and great customisable options, making the phone that much quicker to use. Being an android phone, you can download whatever apps suit you best. My only gripe is that the backing is now creaky as it's made of plastic as opposed to metal like a lot of smart phones out there. A decent case should fix that.
So for the price, it's a fantastic buy.
on 27 September 2012
Amazing, best phone you can buy around this price range. Its fast and can run most apps on the android store without a problem.
Its nice and small but the screen is big enough, i even used it to read books with the kindle app, Leaves nothing more to be desired for me
on 4 August 2014
The best phone to date. I am still waiting for a newer phone to be released that can beat this one. a truly 1 handed phone.
on 14 October 2012
The phone only lasted a week before it broke with one of the buttons on the front now stuck on.

I am now in the process of returning it to get a refund.
on 25 February 2015
Great item,fast delivery. Thanks
on 28 January 2013
The phone arrived with German instructions (or Danish maybe?). Anyways, I turn on the phone and it would not stop vibrating as if I am pressing one of these touchscreen buttons.... If I try to go to menu and setting to change the language (the phone itself was in German I think) it disappears immediately. Removing the battery didn't help and since it is a new phone why would I go to a shop or send back to get it fixed? I decided I will return it and get some other phone. When I filled out return form saying that item is faulty I got a reply from Tech world saying 'did you try updating the software?'. Seriously? And how am I supposed to do that if I can't even go to settings? And instructions are in foreign language? No way I would spend any more time on a phone that is supposed to be in working condition as a normal new phone already. If it is not working properly when it is new and just arrived I assume that it won't be a phone to last few years for me.