4.0 out of 5 stars Different from the ordinary
Published on 1 Feb 2008 by Graham Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Little Dragon
Bought this on impulse and have to say it's a cracking purchase. Nagano has a superb voice, she's been compared to loads of people but I think she's unique. Some great tunes, favourites include; After the Rain, Twice and scribbled paper. Good lounge music, though it does get a bit boingy at points!!
Published on 13 Mar 2009 by S. Fernandes

4.0 out of 5 stars Different from the ordinary, 1 Feb 2008
Graham Wood (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Dragon (Audio CD)
Electronica/jazzy/blues/reggae - I don't really know how to brand this music. The female lead singer's voice is superb and the backing arrangements/instruments are great. This is a group of 4 people who are very talented musicians and for a first album they have been well-supported with a good production. I was surprised that I liked this music, but I found it got inside me!

4.0 out of 5 stars You've got to get down with THIS downtempo!, 25 Nov 2008
Mr. Nicholas G. Stephens (Bedfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Dragon (Audio CD)
This is only my second album bought off Amazon, and it's a treat! I first heard about Little Dragon because I had the video for their song 'Twice' on my PSP (the video is excellent by the way, you should check it out on Youtube or Crackle). Finding the song superbly relaxing I went ahead and bought the album. The album turned out to be much more upbeat than I expected, but that's what made it such a good surprise. If you're into a mix of genres, Little Dragon could be just the album you're looking for. I'm outta here, folks. SPECK!

(That's short for 'respect', by the way)

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Dragon, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Little Dragon (MP3 Download)
I've given Little Dragon 4 stars because its while not perfect its a very enjoyable listen. I first came across the band whilst browsing a certain video website. The track was Twice, and I fell in love with it. so I gambled and purchased the full album and I was really surprised with it. Twice is quite a sombre track and I kind of thought that the album would follow the same vein but its a delicate mix of Trip Hop, flavoured with R&B, and I would say a dash of Jazz and fluttering vocals to produce that unique magic that this Swedish band and so many other bands from the Nordic countries produce.
Stand out tracks would be of course Twice, with its sombre sound and almost lullaby lyrics. Constant Surprises, which has a very head nodding chilled out beat and nice flowing slightly hippy trippy sounds. The Last, is a gritty sounding song with arty elements thrown into the pot and I some ways reminds me of an old computer game soundtrack, very old skool sounding.
Bjork was a clear influence on the band and if you dig her music then I guess Little Dagon is for you. Also similar to, tho not the same as outputs by Portishead and Lamb (not just for the female vocals but for the general feel)
All in all my ears love hearing this album and although it not their most recent out put it still sounds very fresh. I will definitely check out more of Little Dragon.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Different? No, An Unusual Mix of Styles, 2 Aug 2011
C. A. Kilgour "McCulloch" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Dragon (Audio CD)
I'm a boring old guy. I don't listen to much "new" music, as it has probably been all done before, but this was a surprise. As everyone says, the track "Twice" is gorgeous. "Constant Surprises" has a synth solo to kill for. In fact the use of analog synths and older electric piano sounds really make this album special. "No Love" is another gorgeous track. I'm giving this 4 stars as some of the other tracks are a bit throwaway, although the album overall is a great achievement, and worth buying for those 3 tracks alone.

I'm surprised no-one mentioned that the singer sounded like Macy Gray, but better.

This is the first "new" CD I've bought for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars splendid, 10 Feb 2008
This review is from: Little Dragon (Audio CD)
Originally listened to this on itunes and decided it sounded the CD worthy of a purchase. Once it arrived, was immediately hooked, Several fantastic tracks such as the hauntingly chilled out "Twice" and "Forever", meant the album was listened to on repeat. Very unusual and doesn't really fit into any particular category but think a jazzy Bjork.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another essential quirky release from Peacefrog, 11 July 2008
This review is from: Little Dragon (Audio CD)
Peacefrog are a very interesting label; you never really know what you are going to get from them, but above all else you know that it is going to be different. This is no exception- lovely warm vocals, beautiful piano and synth lines, smooth beats and atmospheric effects. There is nothing here that you haven't heard before, Little Dragon are not forging ahead into unchartered musical territories (hence the 4 stars), but what they do, they do very well.

There are loads of sounds and styles represented in this album, too many to list really, but if like me you enjoy a wide variety of music, from folk to funk, electro to dub, psych to jazz, ambient to rock, reggae to techno, and you enjoy taking chances buying albums that you haven't heard before and don't really know anything about, try it! Standout track for me is 'Constant Surprises', rather apt title as my music buying tendencies are indeed constantly surprising me!

3.0 out of 5 stars Little Dragon, 13 Mar 2009
S. Fernandes "SocksySuccs" (London) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 13 April 2009
This review is from: Little Dragon (Audio CD)
I bought this off the back of hearing Twice and looking through a lot of the reviews on here. Though this album is not bad I don't feel it has a lot to offer in diversity. I very quickly become bored by about track 3 and there doesn't seem to be any complete tracks throughout to regain my interest.

There are moments where things start to get interesting only to return to the same mediocrity found consistently throughout the whole album.

Though not being big into downloading individual songs I wish I'd just downloaded Twice as it's totally brilliant. I've given this 3 stars on the basis of that song and the fact that this isn't by an large an offensive album just to my ears boring.

If it is indeed a grower I will come back and edit this though.

Little Dragon