5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Talk 1
Frankly speaking, I admire this author's style of narrative, not the least for being a lecturer myself. Mike's suspense is authentic, contemporary and psychological, without getting 'psycho'. Issues raised in his book are quite human, relationship-wise, but sufficiently provocative, as one could expect from such a genre.
The description of some daily and emergency...
Published 19 months ago by Boyko Ovcharov

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: incomplete story, nasty sales trick.
Very disappointing.

When a book is called 'book 1' I expect it to be a complete story that is part of a series.
This 'book' isn't. It is only half a story. If you want to read the end you have to buy 'part 2'.
This fact is not mentioned in the product description.
Published 24 months ago by Kay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: incomplete story, nasty sales trick., 7 Aug 2012
Very disappointing.

This fact is not mentioned in the product description.
I don't mind paying, but I do mind being misled and manipulated in this way, so I have no intention of buying part 2. Or anything else from this author.
Amazon has a 'sample' option, and the author could have used that.

It's a pity; I would have liked to review this book on its contents rather than on dodgy sales methods.

3.0 out of 5 stars SHORT HORROR, 14 Mar 2012
Carol Clarke "book mad" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Talk - Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Book was really good. Could not put it down. I wouldve give it a four only it ended so quick. Settled down thinking I was going to have a nice long read and it comes to an end. Now I feel that the story has not ended and at the same time dont want to pay for the second book if that comes to a short stop.

4.0 out of 5 stars A freebie, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Baby Talk - Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
I got this as a freebie for my Kindle and really quite got into it so purchased the second half to finish the story. Think - The Omen but a wee bit more ridiculous a story and you will get the general idea, but the story is really funny in parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Talk 1, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Baby Talk - Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
The description of some daily and emergency tasks carried out by the police force is enjoyable and interesting indeed.
The whole storyline has got something mysterious, pending, tense, accumulating and hidden, in the sense of implications and symbolism.
Finally, it is a very unusual point of view for a baby. That idea makes us think if some aduts are not like such babies, either not grown up enough or simply cunning per se.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cynical attempt at selling a 'brand'..., 9 May 2012
This review is from: Baby Talk - Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
In the introduction, the author speaks of his love of serial TV programmes and how he wanted to create a similar 'cliff hanger' approach to a series of fiction books... OK, good idea so far you may think, BUT how does this translate into the abrupt ending of this seriously SHORT book which is Baby Talk 1?

I want to read more of the story as it is a good one - and well written, but... I feel exploited... like a dealer giving away a gateway drug in order to get you hooked on the expensive stuff that you have to keep on buying. The next book is about 3.65 at the moment and if that is as SHORT as the first then it seriously will not be good value for money.

Anyway, is book 2 the conclusion? How many books will be in the series - 3, 5, 12? Knowing this would help to judge whether I want to 'buy in' to the story.

This team is not the first to try this ploy with a freebie but I am getting tired of this cynical attempt at marketing and don't want to play anymore.

Just publish the whole book, charge a reasonable price and I will pay it - I won't, however, pay 3.65 per book, per month for something that is so very,very short.

Edited to clarify: If this book were a hard copy on a book stand - believe me, you would be shocked at how thin it was and would probably just move along to something more substantial.

It's not about the money but about VALUE for money (bang for buck) and the feeling that I don't want to be taken for a ride (unless I know the duration and destination right from the start).

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Baby Talk - Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
This book was well written and the plotline was good. It was suspenseful from the beginning and went at a good pace.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Baby Talk - Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Great book, very spooky and I am pleased with the fast service I received. Do not read after dark as it is that spooky.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick grab, 2 Jan 2014
Tamurello (Edinburgh Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Talk - Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
This book grabbed me quickly, not my usual kind of thing but very entertaining and quite spooky. Its short and I read it in one sitting, abrupt ending and sudden realization I had to buy book two is my reason for dropping a star. To be clear, I am happy to 'buy' free books when I know its a partwork, I have found some fab authors that way and am more than happy to pay for follow on work. However, needs to be made clear. I bought part 2, also short. In the end I felt that this was one book, split in two. Bit of a shame.

3.0 out of 5 stars its okay, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Baby Talk - Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
I read the first book in an hour which is disappointing so didnt want to buy the 2nd book. I enjoyed the first book, good story line, funny if it was true that a baby could do that lol!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect quick read, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Baby Talk - Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Really cool book, and perfect for a quick read. The style is punchy, and the pace is super fast. Thorouhgly enjoyed this and will definitely be buying the next book, can't wait to find out what happens. Good characters, funny situations, and a lot of suspence. Really enjoyable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›