I bought OfficeSuite Professional 6, having found it impossible to get Documents to Go Full Version Unlock Key (which I'd previously bought on Google Play) onto my Kindle Fire HD without paying for it again through Amazon Apps Store (see my review of Documents to Go.)

Published on 1 Nov. 2012 by Roxy Doglet

Published 3 months ago by J. Vance

1.0 out of 5 stars Most functions don't work at all. A waste of money, and they want more!, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)
At first spell check didn't work, but after an upgrade, instead of not working when I click the buttons some say 'you need to pay for this feature. It costs £6+ (these vary but all seem around the £6 mark). This was not stated when we bought this, (it was on offer when we purchased) and the spell check function was clearly visible - that is the main reason we choose it!

Yet they advertise the Pro as being different to the free version because it has fonts and more!

Here is a list of the ones it now says I have to pay for to use;

1. spell check
2. fonts - the list is there, but choosing one, it does not change. we only have 1 font to use

other features that don't work;
3. page colour
4. page number
5. highlighting is only yellow, (this may be correct for this programme, but one colour only seems very unusual, to say nothing of pretty useless)
6. Italics
7. font colour
8. bullets
9. numbering
10. orientation
11. section breaks
12. zoom
13. one, two page views etc - if you choose two page view this does NOT return to one page. I tried for about 1 hour, but had to throw the document away
14. language - the list is there, but choosing one, it does not change and we write in 2 languages

also while working many pages or parts or pages disappear. they return later, but we can't figure out what makes them come back. Sometimes they are missing for minutes, others for hours.

my partner and I bought this app at the same time and we both have the same problems.

There may be more features that do not work, but because we stopped using this we haven't found them yet.
I have contacted Amazon about this as the supplier does not seem to bother about fixing these or replying. I am still waiting for an answer.

Update 20th Feb 2015
They have just issued an update and now fonts, italics, bullets and numbering now work, symbols has disappeared unless I spend £6.99 to buy them back!
Also no longer working on both my partner's and my tablet:
At first I only checked the things that hadn't worked before, but I have now discovered that things that did work, now don't!!!!
The freehand drawing no longer works! It was one of the few things that worked fine before the update
Font colour is also missing now
underline colour - doesn't work
highlight colour in 2 places doesn't work. there is a choice of colour, but it only works with yellow
strike through- doesn't work
double strike through - doesn't work
outline - doesn't work
position - doesn't work
table - doesn't work
orientation - doesn't work
format painter - doesn't work

and more I am sure. I haven't used this much, but I give up.

Really, this is worse than before the upgrade

Update April 2015
After waiting nearly 6 months from the time I bought this, they have finally admitted this app has problems and are 'going to work on it'. When this will happen and what the results will be is yet to be seen!

3.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)
There are a few minor points that stopped me giving it 5 stars.
1. When you are entering numeric data into an Excel spreadsheet, you have to reselect the numeric keyboard whenever you move to another cell. If there is a way of getting the numeric keyboard to stick, I haven't found it.
2. If you have a large spreadsheet and only want to print part of it, you have to guess the page numbers you want. Again, if there is a print preview function, I have yet to find it.
3. I transferred a spreadsheet from my PC. It has column headings showing the dates applicable to the data beneath. On the PC, if I entered 1/4/15 it would have been transformed to 01-Apr, although still showing in the function bar as 1/4/15. When transferring to the Kindle Fire, this shows in the spreadsheet as 1-Apr, both in the cell and the function bar. If I change it, no conversion is carried out. Other functions (mainly arithmetical calculations on groups of cells) perform normally.
Considering the price, this is good value.
Edited on 02/02/15 ***
I have downgraded it from 4 stars to 3 because of more problems with dates:
1. You can't set it to display dates in the UK format (dd/mm/yyyy). If you enter a date in that format, it interprets it in US format (mm/dd/yyyy), which causes problems when it turns it into the internal representation of the number of days since the start of the 20th Century.
2. If you try to overcome that by formatting the cell as text, it recognises you have entered a date (unless the day of the month is greater than 12!) and displays the internal representation (i.e. number of days since the start of the last century).
3. It doesn't recognise two-digit years - it won't convert 15 to 2015 for you.
In addition to that, if you wish to select a block of cells that cover more than one screen, it is easy to find that when you are trying to extend the block it thinks you want to move the part of the block you have already selected instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars OfficeSuite Professional 6 has good Word formatting & offers much better functionality on a tablet than Documents to Go, 1 Nov. 2012
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)

I am pleased I did get OfficeSuite Pro 6 as it has much better functionality on a tablet than Documents to Go, with good Word formatting - paragraph alignment, paragraph indents (including first line hanging indent), fonts, insertion of images etc. - and it is more recognisably like the full version of Word in the PC version of Office 7. It has everything that I would normally use in Word on my heavy and hot laptop PC, so together with the Kindle HD Fire tablet, it improves productivity on the move or laying flat out on a sofa or bed (do others like to read and work 'horizontally'?) - and makes it possible really to use my Kindle Fire HD for writing at length in Word and for doing editing tasks.

I don't mind paying the £3.18 for the extra fonts, including Calibri, which I really like - what's £3.18 in th scheme of things? Scarcely enough to buy a pint of beer these days. I now have a decent and usable tablet version of essential Microsoft Office programs - Word, Powerpoint and Excel (I really only use Word, so am pleased with the added fuctionality over Documents to Go), and it also includes a good PDF reader. For my money, that's not bad for £12.72 (£9.54 + £3.18)- particularly when you consider how much a full version of Office 7 for PC costs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many permissions., 5 Sept. 2012
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)
Why does this app need to use my account credentials, manage my accounts, start at boot, mess with running applications and more, just to work with office documents?
I cannot comment on functionality as the many intrusive permissions listed caused me to cancel installation.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Essential Purchase for the Kindle Fire HD When Performing Administrative Tasks, 29 Dec. 2012
Andrew McCann (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)
I find that OfficeSuite Pro 7 makes it possible to perform Microsoft Word and Excel functions on a Kindle Fire HD in much the same way that the tasks may be accomplished on a laptop. Personally I find that the overall cost of this together with the additional fonts package represents excellent value, especially when compared with Microsoft's PC and laptop equivalents.

I also appreciate the straightforward manner in which it is possible to place the completed files on my PC for printing and storage (via my Kindle Fire HD's usb cable).

This purchase together with the additional OfficeSuite Font Package have consequently allowed me to dispense with the need to trawl a weighty laptop around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Dec. 2012
G Lindley - See all my reviews
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)
This is by far the best office app out there. Ive tried them all.

The spreadsheet opens complex, part protected documents without issue....None of the others will do this.

It also has an excellent widget which looks great as you flick through recent documents. I get emailed multiple pdf's and spreadsheets throughout the day and this feature saves me loads of time.

An app that works properly and takes the place of multiple other apps. Worth every penny!

3.0 out of 5 stars what happened?, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)
This programme WAS good when I got it in January, but my recent update now means it has an error every few words I write. Luckily, it recovers the work but I will continue and the same problem persists.
Try and get the slightly older version if you can.

2.0 out of 5 stars not what I thought, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)
bought it believilng I could download MS Excel files from my PCto my Kindle, work on them and send them back to my PC
Apparently this cannot be done so I have bought the program and cannot use it as I wish
Can I return it?

3.0 out of 5 stars its all right, depends what you need, 27 April 2013
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)
This does the job, it's fairly easy to use and has a comprehensive range of functions. However I'm not convinced it's so stupendous it's worth paying money for when free alternatives exist. My main gripe about it is the lack of any way to properly size spreadsheet cells, it's all by handle dragging or "fit selection". I got the product partly because I hold reference tables in spreadsheet form. It's still possible but looks amateurish, that's a bit rubbish. A secondary issue is there are various supplementary packages NOT included which you are slightly trapped into buying - fonts package for example. All in all it is pretty good but I've seen better in mainstream android, not available for. Really depends what you need. You can do a lot with the spreadsheet it seems fast enough. The word processor works very well, you could easily write your magnum opus on it, but it is very basic for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for Kindle HD, 2 Feb. 2013
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)
I bought this in order to be able to create and edit documents. As I find my way around the functions I am finding it meets my requirements for being able to draft ideas etc when PC not available.

OfficeSuite Professional 8
OfficeSuite Professional 8 by MobiSystems, Inc.