5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic blender
Published on 5 Jan. 2012 by R. Santos

2.0 out of 5 stars Works brilliant, destroy your pots!
The product do the job perfectly, don't take me wrong. But the amazing advantages of the stainless steel part are also a disadvantage: it scratch your pot, as when you use it it shakes a lot, sooner or later you're gonna smash it on the bottom or side of it, and it is quite hard metal, so say bye bye to your teflon coated pots :) You should use old metal pots with this...
Published on 12 Sept. 2012 by Mik

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic blender, 5 Jan. 2012
R. Santos (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips Viva Collection HR1615/01 Hand Blender with Beaker, Chopper and Metal Bar, 650 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
We wanted a blender for baby food and soups, and this Philips one excels at that! The stainless bar is perfect for cleaning (plastic ones can get stained with strong foods like beetroot), and very sturdy. The actual blender itself is great to hold, just the right weight and size, and can be easily cleaned. It's powerful enough to slice and dice through pretty much anything we throw at it, without clogging or slowing down considerably. The 16 variable speeds are great for blending different types of food without much splashing, and the beaker is tall enough to be usable.
My only criticism is that the chopper lid sits somewhat loosely, but again nothing really comes splashing out, even at the highest speed setting, so I shouldn't complain.
All in all it is a very worthwhile purchase, definitely worth the extra 5-10 pounds over the cheapest models.
Also worth mentioning, this blender came with a worldwide 2 year warranty, backed by Philips itself, for added piece of mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 28 Dec. 2011
Quite robust.So far I've made a silky smooth soup, using the same ingredients that my previous blender couldn't cope with and left stringy and chunky bits. I've also made breadcrumbs, easy peasy. So two functions tried and two resounding successes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful blender, 28 Jan. 2012
I bought the Philips Viva Hand Blender because other Philips electricals I have had so far have lasted really long, and also because of the stainless steel leg - plastic ones deteriorate with time. The leg comes with a very useful rubber protector for storing.
I have been using it for a couple of months and I am very pleased with it. The blender is extremely fast and efficient, comfortable and not too heavy to hold, and also easy to clean. It is VERY powerful, so I found I need to take two precautions while using it: 1. It needs to be held very tightly (possibly with both hands) when using on higher speed as it could quickly suck into the bottom of the plastic beaker and scratch it. 2. You always need to use it with a very deep beaker/jar, just as the one provided, otherwise whatever you are blending will slpash out. I find that speed 4 is actually powerful enough for my needs.
The mini chopper is equally efficient and its blade is extremely sharp. It is perfect for finely chopping a cup of raw nuts, fresh herbs, garlic, ginger, etc. or preparing small amounts of houmous. I tried chopping dried fennel seed but they scratched the plastic, and also chopping raw carrots with it was not a success.
So, overal an excellent product when used appropriately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blend and chop, 15 Mar. 2012
Ms. Anna C. Gleave (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
I have only just purchased this item so it is early days to talk with any confidence. It seems to do the trick and is easy to use and clean. I have had other hand blenders and this seems to be more powerful and less messy. the beaker is handy and the chopper is great if you follow the instructions and don't over load it. In my experience Philips produce reliable and well designed products.

I have one gripe which is NOT against this product and is not really a relevant part of this review but it is a minor irritation with Amazon (I am usually one of their biggest fans - products, service, price and returns are usually faultless) my annoyance is that I have recently received a few electrical items which were clearly returns. I always feel cheated when I pay full price for a potentially used product. I lose confidence in the item (why was it returned)and don't like having something which has clearly been pre-used as my blender had. One item I received was damaged and did not work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and easy to use but hard to clean, 8 July 2013
This is a great tool, very easy to use. My only gripe is that the blades are very difficult to wash up- you can't get any kind of brush in behind the blades and its very difficult to clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars small but good, 22 Jan. 2013
It works well for a year now. the blender jar though in very small limiting you to doing things by batches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful metal hand blender, 11 Dec. 2012
We bought this set for thehand blender mainly, as we have melted a couple of cheap plastic hand blender. Asexpected from the spinning blades at the bottom, it does mark a bit the pan, so don't use non stick pan (but i think it is quite obvious, really). It blends very quickly and no need to wait for the soup to cool down before blending it, which means that you can then eat straight away! I've also used the mini-chopper a couple of times. It works well to make very finely chopped onions and herbs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, 6 Dec. 2012
This is an excellent kitchen tool, it only loses a star because the chopper is less chop & more mush, that said I would definitly reccommend this hand blender.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for baby food, 18 May 2012
I bought this one after reading the Amazon reviews. Other comments suggested avoiding plastic blenders as the plastic stains which was really useful. I purely wanted this for puree-ing baby food. So far I've blended sweet potato, apple, pear, carrot and parsnip - all no problem. The blender has multiple speed settings but I've yet to turn it up from the slowest and its coping fine. All of the non-electrical parts are dishwasher proof and I've found the accompanying pots really useful and convenient to store (not too big). The larger jug easily coped with 4 chopped sweet potatoes all at once so can do a decent amount. Ideal for the purpose I bought it for - I'm addicted to puree-ing now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round product, 25 Feb. 2014
Really easy to use, blends, chops and mixes. We use to make baby food and really does the job well. Easy to wash and store.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›