on 28 June 2011
Having originally owned the Ab Circle Pro, I purchased this machine to replace the one I currently have. The quality of finish is incomparably better so is standard of the material. The welding of the parts looks very clean and so shows much higher professional workmanship has been put into the assembly of the machine. The steel tubes are much more wider and feels more robust than the AB Circle Pro and so provides more confidence in the use of the machine in terms of safety.

The kneeling arms are faultless and symmetrical and the knee pads are more ergonomic and therefore feels more comfortable. The computer does what it is supposed to do and that is to keep the count of the repetitions. The AB Motion Xtreme is a more aesthetically pleasing looking item. It took me a lot of effort to keep the old device working including purchase of new rollers. The new Ab Motion Xtreme is a better proposition than the previous so called 'professional' AB exerciser. It is a much more quieter machine especially as it does not use rollers which is the main cause of noise from the original machine.

Very pleased with the Xtreme and would definately recommend this product to anyone who wants to work on their abs.
on 17 August 2012
I dont normally post reviews but I thought I would as before I brought this I was reading reviews everywhere until i thought just buy it.

The equipment was delivered on time and is well packaged. It was a little bigger than i thought. Followed the instructions and assembled it in about 20 to 30 minutes. Very straight forward and everything you need is supplied. Having put it together i gave it a go straight away. It is an effective workout and the different levels/position settings do make quite a difference. I found it to be a fairly good workout but I have to admit i didn't get that "burn" in my stomach that normally occurs during an ab workout. Saying that i found that i sweat alot after about 5 to 6 minutes and by about 10 minutes I was pouring with sweat. I am quite fit and do exercise regularly so that could be why I dont get that burn, but if you are alot more casual with your exercise routines then this could really work well for you. I would be very aware of the weight restriction with the equipment. I am 13 stone and it works fine. It is very well built but I would imagine if you weigh over the 16 stone the manufacturer states, i could see the weld joints and mechanism failing. I think with all these things it really is down to each individual and what they are looking to get out of equipment. I very much doubt you'll get "ripped" using this but it will give you an effeective workout a good sweat, so depending on your fitness level could be worth a go.

Hope this helps other potential buyers in their search.
on 17 October 2011
I was going to order one of these about six weeks ago, due to the positive feedback. But as I would have to wait about a month for the Ab Motion Xtreme to come in stock, I decided I couldn't wait, so I hastily purchased the Ab-Circle Pro from my catalogue, despite mixed reviews. I had tried an Ab-Circle Pro at a gym showroom and it felt okay, if a little flimsy. But being far too impatient, I ordered one. As soon as it arrived, I opened it to find that the thick logo/badge (which was supposed to be solidly glued on to the base) had already peeled off, so I didn't even bother assembling it and sent it right back.

I had read decent reviews of the Ab-Motion Xtreme, so preordered it - and I am glad I waited. In fact, it arrived ahead of it's preorder delivery estimate. To say this is vastly superior to the Ab-Circle Pro is an understatement. Much sturdier construction, solid red disc base, unlike the larger, but rather flimsy Pro disc base. Also, the Ab Motion Xtreme does not use rollers. A problem many consumers of the Ab-Circle Pro have voiced is that the rollers had worn out on the Pro and had to be replaced. This machine uses a much better 'pivot' system, does everything the Ab-Circle Pro does, but does it much better, and will take much more of a pounding. It also takes up only slightly more space than its rival, and can be partially folded.

If these two ab machines were placed side by side in a showroom, and tested by 100 people, I would be stupified if one person chose to buy the Ab-Circle Pro. Plus, this is much cheaper to buy in most places. The Pro is selling for £100 at Argos at the time of this review. I did notice they have released a 'new image' Ab-Circle Pro, which looks redder in colour, making it look a little more like the Xtreme - a backhanded compliment perhaps? Don't be fooled by the infommercials for the Pro - the Ab-Motion Xtreme mops the floor with its more famous rival.

This is a welcome addition to my gym equipment, and I only buy (or at least keep) quality. You may see cheap Ab-Circle Pros on the net for around £40, but there have been a lot of complaints about cheap imitations - check out Youtube. I've had the official one, so lord knows how bad the knock-offs are. Don't take my word for it, compare the reviews on the net. And for £60-£70, you won't be disappointed in this machine. Five Stars!
on 30 July 2011
Excellent delivery time, product was easy to assemble, and much quieter than expected, started using and felt the muscles begin to work!!!! also felt out of breath, good cardio workout. Both my daughters eager to use MY new workout machine.
on 17 August 2011
Item arrived quickly but unfortunately was faulty, emailed Tec whom sent out replacement same day. At no expense to me which I was very happy about. Item as described and easy to assemble. It can be a little uncomfortable on the knee's but I wear elastic knee supports which sort this problem. Once you get a good Technic your upper body also gets a work out as you crunch your waist. All round happy with product :-)
on 26 June 2011
We looked at a number of these flywheel ab trainers before selecting the Ab Motion Xtreme, most of the complaints of the other models discussed build quality, the need to keep replacing worn out rollers and the unbearable squeak as you used the machine.

From the description the Xtreme seemed to answer these problems, a strong steel frame and a frictionless motion, also for less than 1/2 the price of a lot of other models, the only problem was there were no reviews, so no guarantee that I wasn't buying a pig in a poke.

The machine arrived a couple of days ago, it is pretty solid and not a lightweight tubular frame, easy enough to put together although I did have to enlarge one of the bolt holes to screw the handle on securely.

I'm a fairly hefty guy (around 200lbs) and I feel safe and stable on the machine, the knee pads give plenty of cushioning and support and it is pretty easy to use, the excercise is not going to turn me into a ripped adonis but after 10-15 minutes I was breathing harder and could feel my abs so it must be doing something! The rep counter felt fairly cheap and I would not necessarily trust it's calorie counter but it does count the reps ok, so no real complaints about that.

In all, for the money you are paying I would rate this machine a good buy and a fun way to excercise, can do it watching TV if that suits you, none of the faults that the similar "roller" machines seem to suffer from. It doesnt fold but is fairly small, so can tuck under a high bed, into a corner or a wardrobe when not in use.

Hope that helps
on 24 January 2012
Well its hard work but to get results it would be, it's quite good fun when you get going on it although it's big let down is the fact the new improved knees pads still hurt your knees because of the bolt that hold's them on and the knee pads move around which has caused me to have a big blister and actually fall of due to the knee pads turning which is really annoying.
I have bought knee supports to combat the knee's from hurting cant seem to sort the pads turning around though. Also the pin that holds the two knee pads in place so you swing side to side with your knee's about 5 inches apart comes out in mid turn so keep and eye on it as all of a sudden both legs shot off in different directions which comes as a bit of a shock as your not expecting it ... I will have to practise more for results so if you buy one go easy to begin with see how you go.
on 22 April 2012
I received mine about 2 weeks ago and was immediately impressed with the quality. After being involved in a nasty accident 18 months ago I have spent a lot of time and money trying to find ways I could get rid of the love handles that developed whilst my broken bones were healing. I used to run a mile a day on the treadmill and this worked a treat but as yet my injuries will not allow me to do this or abuse my roll cage for 600 sit ups a day that I used to do either, I had almost given up hope when I saw the late night ad for the ab circle pro. After doing some research I decided on this model as all the reviews say it is better built. The first clue I got as to how well it works is how sore the muscles I hadnt used in a while were feeling the next day, it felt like they had had a proper workout and after just under 2 weeks I am already starting to see quite a difference. I usually do around 150-200 reps a day split into 3 sessions due to my injuries. Now admittedly my machine developed a horrible high pitched squeak and I somehow (I only weigh 60kg) managed to crack a knee pad but within 24 hours of contacting the supplier a replacement machine was on its way to me. I could not believe it, I was only after new knee pads! I do not yet know how well the replacement will bear up but the customer service is outstanding too, this is usually the area in which companies let themselves down but not crystal tec!
Overall a great machine that really works without taking up too much or your time or leaving you soaked in sweat. Excellent value for money and top class customer service aswell :)
on 25 July 2011
Well, what can i say? Does exactly what it says on the tin!
Been using it once a day everyday and my stomach feels good, also my arms lol.
Once you get used to it and the different moves, you will soon be a pro at it.
Get one, you wont be sorry!!
on 5 July 2011
I took me ages to decide which one of these to buy, there are quite a few of these style machines on the market....However, with the help of the reviews already posted on the Ab Motion Extreme, this was by far the best choice. No need for replacement rollers and no squeaking! It's really easy to assemble, from the box to actually using it takes about 20 minutes, the knee pads are comfortable and the good thing about this is that you can adjust the handle bars and the height of the machine to accommodate your body size and level of fitness. As soon as you start using the Ab Motion Extreme, within about 2 minutes you can feel your abs really burning and you start breaking into a sweat fairly quickly, also, remove the middle bar to work those inner thighs, very effective and well worth the money, this item was also despatched super quickly - a truly excellent product, would recommend to friends and family.