5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, just wonderful
Published on 13 Jun. 2011 by J. Rees

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad at all ! No frills but does the Job !
The tablet arrived in 3 days which was quite good fast so thanks to wendy lou for that. Initially the tablet did not come with a plastic stylus and the adapter was semi faulty (trip wired) but a simple email on Thursday sorted out the problem as both items arrived on saturday morning. The customer service was 110%.
Now for the tablet itself. Where do i start...
Published on 14 Aug. 2011 by honest reviewer man

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, just wonderful, 13 Jun. 2011
J. Rees - See all my reviews
This review is from: M010S 4gb White Allwinner A13 Android Tablet PC WiFi
I am absolutely delighted with this tablet.Originally I wanted a mobile device to download e-books from the library service as my local library may be closing. The 'app' I needed to do this(Overdrive Media Console)was readily available and soon up and running.I have enjoyed exploring this tablet for all the other things it does and now use it for e-mailing,looking at BBC and Sky news and getting weather forecasts etc. I am literally like a kid with a new toy! Every time I use it I find something new. I found it SO easy to connect to our home wi-fi broadband system and it even connects quicker than the laptop. I can't praise this device enough, if you after a tablet that is not going to cost an arm and a leg - go for it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad at all ! No frills but does the Job !, 14 Aug. 2011
This review is from: M010S 4gb White Allwinner A13 Android Tablet PC WiFi
Now for the tablet itself. Where do i start..

The tablet is quite solid and the screen display is ok for the price. It runs flash (10.1) which was one of the main things that I wanted as well as to read my digital comics (cbz files)for which I download a comic book app.
The official android market is on the tablet which means that you can download so many apps. The wi-fi is not the fastest for sites such as youtube or iplayer. The wi-fi was so simple to set up.
The screen is not so responsive therefore the stylus is needed.
The screen can scratch quite easily so be careful with the pen when using against the screen. The kindle app is perfect and I downloaded a few books. One of the first things to do would be to buy a SD micro card as the memory is too little and is really just for the preloaded apps on the tablet. (san disk £13.99 16gb is good)

The music player on the tablet is a nice addition for any mp3 that you may want to download to the tablet and the sound output is not so great but with headphones its good.

The battery power is not so great either. It will last about 1.5 hours from full charge with wi-fi but about 3-4 without it. The Camera is a bit pointless and is not worth using at all as the picture are quite grainy. But its there anyway to use or not.

I would recommend to buy this tablet if you are thinking of getting a kindle as this does what the kindle does plus soo much more ! Good as a comic book reader (which again was my main focus)so im satisfied overall.

Overall a very good tablet for the price(£70) with plenty off apps however the video playback could be better for youtube but can`t complain for the price at all. I will probably give this to my niece or dad when I can afford a decent tablet with flash but this will do for a year or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tablet, 13 Oct. 2011
This review is from: M010S 4gb White Allwinner A13 Android Tablet PC WiFi
As I already have 2 laptops I bought this tablet to take on holiday. It takes up much less room in hand luggage, in fact it fits in the side pocket of my handbag. I wanted it to check emails and perhaps do a little surfing online. As most hotels now have free wifi it functioned perfectly. An added bonus was the Kindle application already installed, although it was not possible to use this in bright sunlight. As a more mature person and a bit of a technophobe when it comes to all new mobile gadgets, I was not prepared to spend the money on an ipad, and at about a fifth of the price the Tabtech suits all my needs. I am still trying to find out what many of the other applications do, but I did pass an hour during a tiresome flight playing at Angry Birds!!

I also bought a reduced price VanGoody case for the tablet and it is an excellent fit, providing protection, a storage loop for the stylus and also for micro sd cards.

It was delivered within two days and as I have had no problems with it I have had no need to contact the seller.

All in all a great little gadget!

5.0 out of 5 stars My new M010, 28 July 2011
Big Hair "John" (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: M010S 4gb White Allwinner A13 Android Tablet PC WiFi
Ordered this on the Monday - it arrived less than 24hrs later!

At first I couldn't connect to my BT-Homehub-2 WiFi - the WiFi
settings screen simply kept completely hanging the tablet. My Hub
has WPA & WPA2 encryption turned on and I was not prepared to lower
this to WEP.

I tried everything I could think of, including:

*resetting tablet via the tiny pinhole and a piece of thin wire (done correctly you can feel the tiny button 'click') - no joy.
*turning off our cordless 'phones (not Hub-phones) - still hanging tablet.
*ensuring that only the tablet was trying to connect, without anything else connected (i.e. my laptop)
- no joy.
*completely resetting the Hub hardware (using the Hub's tiny pinhole switch) - nothing.
*changing the Hub's WiFi security key - nada.
*trying to connect via my Hub's Openzone and BTFon open hotspots (no security needed here) - still the same problem.

By this stage I was beginning to lose the will to live.....

When the Hub was off the tablet's WiFi settings saw other networks (but still couldn't connect to their Openzones)
and behaved normally, no lock-up but no way to connect either!

Now in the middle of (reluctantly) typing a return and exchange e-mail to Wendy Lou, I had a new idea - a last ditch attempt....

I logged into my Hub's settings and changed it's wireless properties to type b/g only - turning off type n....

Hey Presto! - after several cartwheels, a backflip and one verse of 'God Save the Queen' problem solved - tablet found my network and connected to the Internet very quickly (it took about 10 seconds to receive an IP address and connect). I very nearly wept with relief, joy and sleep-deprivation.

The tablet is now completely problem-free and working perfectly without ANY problems whatsoever.

This procedure (using only b/g wireless and no n) could be very useful for any BT-Homehub-2 owners having problems
similar to mine and rapidly turning into a dead-eyed mindless gibbering zombie who's spouse is about to set fire
to their tablet whilst they are still clutching at it and screaming like a banshee in frustration!

Whether the g standard was 'swamping' my network in some way (although another tablet and laptop we use never had any problems connecting) as regards the M010's WiFi adapter I couldn'y say - but it's an idea at least.

I hope this helps someone a bit.

In all other respects and functions both hardware and software are performing very, very well indeed. Of particular note is this tablet's screen performance - it honestly is beautifully sensitive, accurate and responsive - you will
soon forget you ever owned a stylus.

Others have already covered this tablet fully but I thought my experience with the WiFi could be informative as I
haven't seen the b/g/n signal settings mentioned.

John B

5.0 out of 5 stars Tablet - 1st buy, 26 Sept. 2011
This review is from: M010S 4gb White Allwinner A13 Android Tablet PC WiFi
Performed quite a lot research before buying my 1st tablet. After reviewing specifications and reading up on reviews from other customers, decided to buy from Wendy the Tabtech M010S 2GB Google Andriod tablet.
I have a Kindle for reading books but wanted a more powerful device for web access and additionally reading ebooks at night time.......with the Kindle this is limited due to no backlight feature.
As other buyers detail it is not an itablet but for the money very useful, ie can read PDF books and access web for M&S etc.
Overall would I recommend to buy ....YES.....coming upto Christmas time maybe Santa will send me the latest model.....can hope!!
One last point good feedback from Wendy on learning points I have raised, fast response with clear concise answers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and not so cheerful, 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: M010S 4gb White Allwinner A13 Android Tablet PC WiFi
This is my first Android device of any kind and my first tablet ever. The only similar device I've used is my ye-olde-iPhone 3GS, which I've had for several years now.

I'm not sure it's a fair comparison as the iPhone (even this old one) is still several times the price of the tablet, but my expectation (after reading the reviews on here) is that I would be getting a similar if not better performing device. Yes, of the none-phone functions, obviously :)

I'll get straight to my problem with this tablet. I was expecting to be able to use the screen in a similar way to my iPhone. Unfortunately the screen on this is terrible.

Don't expect yo be able to use your finger without drilling it through the screen. I've since bought a Sytlus (for resistive screens) as the device didn't come with one and this has made using it a lot easier. Saying that, I still won't be using it as even with the stylus the screen is so unresponsive, it's not particularly usable. And before anyone asks, yes, I've calibrated the screen until I'm blue in the face.

The heavy "touch" required and my inability to maintain that heavy touch while "swiping" the stylus means it quite often opens options in the middle of scrolling though lists of things, stops scrolling while you are browsing and opens a random link you happened to have swiped across, etc. Most annoying.

The WiFi is very flakey. It can be great one moment and then all of a sudden it's gone.

The performance is pretty poor too, even my ye-olde-3GS is way quicker than this.

Pros:
- Price
- It's Android - it has a huge range of apps available to it

Cons
- The screen
- The WiFi
- It's performance is less than adequate

I'd give it 2.5 stars if I could, but as it deffinitely does not deserve 3 stars (even for the price) it will have to make do with 2.

UPDATE Jan 12:
A friend of mine has just brought their "Storage Options Scroll Excel 7 inch android tablet" around which wasn't that much more expensive and what a world of difference. Screen works just as it should, I'd never even noticed that you couldn't pinch / zoom applications. The Scroll Excel was an order of magnitude quicker too. Wifi just worked.

I'm downgrading this to one star and really resent having spent even £80 on it. What a waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars great fun and value for money, 4 Aug. 2011
This review is from: M010S 4gb White Allwinner A13 Android Tablet PC WiFi
I have just recently bought this product Having read other reveiews and I must say that for the price you pay, it is very good. Although a little slow, with wi-fi connectivity at times a bit erratic it works well and does exactly what one would expect. Don't expect an Ipad quality, physically (hardware)or visually (software)as you won't get it,but you do get android 2.2 software, which is excellent and once you get used to it, it works very well. I didn't want to pay an Ipad price for a tablet that I would only use occasionally so this was ideal, but since I have had it, I have used it now more than I thought I would which is certainly a bonus. This is a brilliant starter product, and the service that I received from the supplier wendy lou was excellent, overall a very good package.

5.0 out of 5 stars M010S - Updated model of M009S and a great piece of kit., 5 Jun. 2011
Mr. Robert D. Wilcox "Dozer2010" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: M010S 4gb White Allwinner A13 Android Tablet PC WiFi
I have tried many tablets over the past several months and after reading the reviews of the Tabtech M009S device I was decided on that model, then to my surprise, I noticed the White M010S with the same spec as the M009S, but as I've discovered with updated kernel, I suspect all other things are the same, apart from the colour. This device is very stable and keeps my Wi-Fi connected almost all the time. The user interface is similar to the usual Android, although there are some nice enhancements from my other tablet (Storage Options Scroll 2, 8" running Android 2.1). The Kindle app, YouTube app and all others installed on this device work perfectly and having a proper working Android Store is a huge bonus. If you use the Dolphin browser, pr-installed on my device, then the Flash 10.1 works perfectly on the sites I have visited, BBC news, Sky News etc, although on some sites you will get a pop-up stating that the Flash is an evaluation copy, this hasn't caused any trouble though. You can even view BBC iPlayer, just have a good strong Wi-Fi connection first. Reading on the device is a pleasure, although again as with many of these devices, reading outside in sunny weather is almost impossible. I would stick to indoors reading for the best experience. The device is light to hold and the battery charge is the normal 4/5 hours with Wi-Fi off. You'll get around 2 hours of heavy internet/browsing use with Wi-Fi on but if you keep your cable plugged in, this won't be a problem. The device also comes with an attachment to allow USB cable connection and Ethernet cable too, but if you leave home without it then no standard connection will work. If you have a Card reader to hand for the optional Micro SD card, then just use that to transfer files to the card then use in your device. It is nice having a white tablet too for some reason, maybe I just like to be different, boring old black is so last year. Also Fantastic service from Wendy lou. Item arrived next day after order placed and arrived as described. Great experience from a buyer point of view, definitely will be back and would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for :), 11 May 2012
L. Ratcliffe-parks (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: M010S 4gb White Allwinner A13 Android Tablet PC WiFi
Righty then, first things first. If you want a basic tablet that will let you go online, read eBooks and you are not concerned about browsing speeds etc then this one is perfect. If you want a fast tablet that has all the bells and whistles, lightning speed and can play games on then this one isn't for you.

Now we have got that bit out of the way, if you're still interested in this tablet then please read on and I shall try to be as helpful as I can.

I bought this tablet mainly as an eReader, I didn't fancy buying an expensive eReader in case I managed to break it or it got stolen from my bag etc etc. I also fancied being able to get online as well, so this tablet was perfect for me, even after reading some reviews that were very off putting.

So here is what I found out once I got the tablet (which I might add came the next day - perfect for impatient people like me)

The eReader functionality: I have a huge collection of eBooks and nothing to read them on apart from my computer (which I might add is not comfortable to relax in front of, let alone take into the bathroom so I can read while in the tub - electroshock therapy would not be a good way for me to relax!) I found that the Kindle pre-installed on the tablet was not the app I required as I couldn't read my eBooks (epub format) so I used the genuine installed android market app to download the Aldiko eReader which is perfect for me. The app's for reading books run smooth and quick, so I can't complain! The font size etc is adjustable and all in all just as good as a basic eReader (without anti-glare, so can be a little difficult to see the screen outside)

Basic Usage: So when I first loaded up the tablet, it took about the same amount of time as an old smart phone would to boot up (about 2-3 mins). The screen was a little scratched but that was only on the plastic protective cover which comes on the tablet. There were various apps and games pre-installed which was handy and the WiFi was quick and easy to set up. If you have ever used a smart phone you will find this tablet really easy to navigate and use. If not then it will take a little getting used to but it does come with a user manual.
I personally found that the touch screen is not as sensitive as I'd expected, you have to be firm when tapping icons and using the built in touch-screen keypad. Also I found that moving icons around the screen was a little frustrating due to the lack of sensitivity, but you get what you pay for.

Internet fun: Well loading webpages etc was ok, quick to load (if your WiFi is quick) and easy to navigate. Overall it has a basic browser & is simple to use. You of course have the option to download a different browser from the market (I use Opera Mini Browser which is spot on for me)

Now as for playing games on; this is not the tablet for gamers! They take forever to load and do not run smoothly when you do get them going (even the basic games). I uninstalled all the games, if they don't run properly I won't use them so best saving some space. Besides I didn't buy this tablet for playing games on.

Look & Feel: Looks really smart and stylish so can't complain about that. Feels, in all honesty like a cheap tablet (which is what it is) so please don't drop it; it certainly doesn't feel that robust.

Overall: Perfect for basic internet browsing & reading eBooks. Could do with a faster processing speed -but you get what you pay for and this little tablet is perfect for what I need it for. So if you're looking for a cheap eReader with basic internet then buy this one. If you're looking for a tablet PC like the ones you see advertised on TV, then go for one of the ones that you see advertised on TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Punches above it's weight, 6 Sept. 2011
This review is from: M010S 4gb White Allwinner A13 Android Tablet PC WiFi
This is a tablet with android installed, so you have some icons on the desktop for telephone use, that are obviously redundant. You can ignore these no problem.

Even after reading all the glowing reviews, I was expecting it to be a little slow, but it copes really well with most things.

If you know someone with an android phone, it might be worth 'borrowing' them for half an hour, to help you work your way around it, install apps etc.

The touchscreen is great, very occasionally the icons need another press to get things going.

Some apps wont install, like Facebook and Evernote for example, and I guess this is down to the screen resolution, as apps are generally designed for use on mobile phones. The obvious workaround is to make a browser bookmark to these sites.

My tip for organising your desktop is this.. Make 3 folders on your desktop, call them 'apps', 'games' and 'bookmarks'. Whenever you add something new to your desktop, drag it into the appropriate folder. This makes things easier to find and keeps your desktop minimal. Oh, to rename a folder, open it, hold down on the current name and after a few seconds you get the option to change it :)

I had to change the wireless settings on the router for WEP, and once done I got really good range, again better than expected. Battery life is a couple of hours but you can keep it charging in use.

I think it works well for browsing, running apps, watching videos and playing games (it's pot luck whether the game or app you want will run, but hey ho, there's enough that will).

Overall this is an excellent device for the price.