8,512 Reviews
 (1,219)

4,817 of 4,920 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Lighter, smaller and looks great
Customer Video Review     Length:: 8:50 Mins
I already have the original Kindle with the keyboard and have been extremely pleased with it. As soon as I saw this smaller, lighter version of the Kindle I thought I would get it to carry around with me when I go to work and in my handbag.

It has the same functionality that is available on the original Kindle, it just doesn't have a...
Published on 5 Oct 2011 by D. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery life very disappointing
After 2 years with a Kindle (the keyboard wifi model) I decided to buy one for my wife. The nearest equivalent is the basic 89 model, and to be fair the lack of a keyboard is not the problem I expected - the on-screen alternative works fine, and for the number of times I use the keyboard, I would gladly remove mine if I could! But, perhaps I got a freakishly good one,...
Published 23 months ago by swillis

‹ Previous | 1755 756 757852 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great birthday present, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite (Electronics)
I had looked at both Kindles, keyboard and non-keyboard, and went to a store to try them out. I bought the non-keyboard version. I have found it very easy to use. The keyboard is perhaps a bit slow, but perfectly functional. The download speed is quite amazing. I downloaded a huge file of scriptures, and it was there within about a minute. It is light to hold, clear to read, and I am getting the hang of navigating my way around. I downloaded two free Christmas items, 'A Christmas Carol' and 'The Mansion'. The dictionary is also very useful. Any word you want an explanation for, just press a couple of buttons and you have it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite (Electronics)
Effective way of storing books for reading over a period. Good for taking on cruises, doctors waiting rooms and occasions where bulk is an impediment. Will never replace books and of course lacks colour for magazines or textbooks with illustrations, but it does what it says on the tine.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class, 25 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite (Electronics)
Purchased ths for my wife's Christmas present after wondering whether it was worth all the hype.
First impressions were, like many people, just how light yet well made the unit feels in the hand. Connecting to my home network was a breeze, as was registering the Kindle to my wife's Amazon account.
I lke the flexibility in being able to purchase books direct from the Kindle as well as from the Amazon site, both are exemplary in terms of clarity and simplicity.
The brief given to the Kindle designers was to develop a product that would 'disappear' in the hands, allowing you to immerse yourself in your chosen reading matter. That they have achieved ths goal so comprehensively is testament to their skill. Superbly simple; simply superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to use, 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite (Electronics)
I've never had a kindle before but I found it really easy to use and navigate straight away. It's a great small size so that you can easily put it into your bag to carry around with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars kindle 6", 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite (Electronics)
Really pleased with this kindle can't believe how light it is. This will be used mainly for holidays, no more panicing when weighing luggage in as usually take 5 books

4.0 out of 5 stars Best reading device, user interface improved but not there yet., 21 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite (Electronics)
It's by far the best reading device in terms of legibility. Although the user interface was improved compared to the previous model, it's not quite up to the standards of tablet devices, let alone the ipad. Can be frustrating at times, but overall a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars The latest Kindle, 20 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite (Electronics)
Firstly its so easy to use and its light to carry. I load it up with books before I go on holiday and save space in my luggage. I can even down load a daily newspaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kindle, 20 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite (Electronics)
My Kindle, It goes every where with me, work, the Local pub where I sit with a pint and read.

Battery life is great and is very easy to use my only negative comment is why have an expermental browser for connection for the internet when its only in black and white most people would like to see what they are looking at in colour.

But who know what the future may hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Review, 19 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite (Electronics)
My Kindle arrived on time and although I have only tested it out, as it is a christmas present, it appears to be every bit as good as advertised. An excellent buy, and it saves packing books to read on holiday. Just a pity some of the Kindle books are so expensive,

3.0 out of 5 stars Registration nightmare, 19 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite (Electronics)
First of all, in general I am very pleased with the keyboardless Kindle I bought. However,I found it impossible to register and maybe this catalogue of problems may help others in a similar situation. I have a new laptop which accesses without difficulty the web using wi fi through a black Netgear N150 router and a cable connection with Virgin. I fed in my password....no joy.Double checked my typing...no joy. Phoned the Kindle support team who were absolutely excellent, painstakingly taking me through every possible solution they could think of. No joy..Phoned Virgin Media who showed me how to use the settings on my laptop to get a backdooor security code obviating the need for a password consisting of a series of letters and nos. separated by mid line dashes. Brought up the Kindle key board to find every sign (ampersand, comma, brackets) but no midline dash sign. Phoned back to Kindle help who advised typing in without dashes or with minus signs. No joy... At which point I gave up, went to my daughter's house and registered it on her connection with no trouble at all. So now I have to download from my laptop and then transfer books on to the Kindle by drag and drop using the USB cable supplied, which isn't any great problem..although...

Donmal