Published 13 months ago by L. Michael

3.0 out of 5 stars Colourful but not the greatest quality
Very colourful mat that is very engaging, my daughter enjoys time on this everyday. Gave a 3 instead of 5 as the quality of the material is not very durable and the mat itself is only suited if you use on carpet or put a rug underneath. Also the toys seem to fray se threads where my daughter has been chewing on them
Published 11 months ago by Lamiece Abdalla

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music and lights feature, easily transported, bright colours, 15 Mar. 2014
L. Michael (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bright Starts Spots and Stripes Safari Gym (Baby Product)
My 7 week old son loves it, he smiles and coos at the tiger that lights up and plays sounds or music, keeping his attention for at least 10 mins. Not all baby gyms have this feature which is why I chose it, having had a previous gym for my daughter that didn't have this feature, i guessed it would be a good idea. We can also hang his favourite other clip toys to the loops for him to try to bash. Other plus point for me are that the music isn't too intrusive, in fact the jungle sounds are just as soothing for me as they are for him! The material is not overly absorbent so any 'spillages' are easily wiped up if you don't leave them too long. I particularly like the way you can pick it up by the arches with one hand... So you can have baby in one hand and then move it out of the way for space or storage with the other... If I'd had wanted to do this with previous (much more expensive) gym, I had to undo the arches first, but this one has been cleverly designed so that the arches work together.
The colours are really bright, with lots of black and white contrasts, which babies focus on much better - so while it is tempting to buy the pretty pastel shaded gyms which would look much better in my living room decor, I know that they wouldn't hold his attention half as well as the brightly coloured stuff! (Made this mistake with our baby swing with its pastel hanging toys-he just never looks at them!?!)
There is also a movement activated sound on the tiger- my son is too small to get it working himself yet but I think he will be delighted by this when he gets the hang of it!
My only small gripes- the stitching looks as if it would not last if it was handled quite roughly... Not sure it would last more than two babies... And I'm not too sure the tiger needs to be portable -it is a heavy battery operated thing that hangs from the centre and whilst it is attached by a strong velco fastener, it is also easily undone (great if you want to attach to car seat, pram etc..) and I'm always scared my two year old will undo it and it would hit him right in the face.... I'd rather it was one of those big press-stud attachment or the plastic loops like the other ones...
All in all, good value for this kind of product...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic baby gym., 5 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Bright Starts Spots and Stripes Safari Gym (Baby Product)
Absolutely love this gym, there's lots for baby to explore and the amount of loops and rings mean you can change it around regularly. The tiger chime is a lovely sound and the lights and music tiger has captivated my baby right from the start. A lot of care has gone into the design with black and white to appeal to young babies, amd bright colours as they get older. Some of the baby gyms have items a bit high up for smaller babies, this one is adjustable so it suits a wider age range. It also folds up in a flash, very useful for quick tidying up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Bright Starts Spots and Stripes Safari Gym (Baby Product)
This mat is just amazing! I can't imagine what I did
Before we had it! Keeps my twelve week old entertained for
Up to 2 hours!!!
Lovely bright colours, nicely padded, light and easy to fold and carry.
The lights are nice and songs wonderful! Varied too!
My baby loves the stripy cat.
Cannot recommend highly enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loves it, 13 May 2014
Cleona Wallace "cleonawallace" (Rome, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bright Starts Spots and Stripes Safari Gym (Baby Product)
The music coming from the central animal is fairly annoying to adults, but our son absolutely LOVES it and gets quite worked up. He can happily lay there for ages. It has a good range of hanging things, and attachments where you can add other toys. My only complaint would be that the actual fabric on the bottom is quite soft and light, so when my son is on his tummy he starts gripping it and pulling it towards him. I feel like maybe a more solid or even padded bottom may work better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light up toy a miracle worker!, 5 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Bright Starts Spots and Stripes Safari Gym (Baby Product)
The tiger toy that lights up and plays music is honestly something I will now not go anywhere without. It attaches easily to the carseat of his bouncer and if he is a bit grumpy and I can turn it on and he is absolutely mesmerized - and usually laughing! The playmat itself is also really good - very bright and colourful, definitely worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS MAT! Much preferred over our other (different brand) mat, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Bright Starts Spots and Stripes Safari Gym (Baby Product)
LOVE this play mat! Baby boy has been entertained on it for hours and hours! We actually have another play mat by Fisher Price (FP), and I think this one is far superior for several reasons.

1) The music light up toy can be attached to anywhere on the gym you like owing to the velcro strap it features. The FP one, by comparison, features a music light toy that can't be attached at all. Additionally, the light up/music toy is brilliant as it's the first "baby music" toy that doesn't drive me completely mad with horrible baby music. The lights and music are perfectly timed with each other and I'm not kidding when I say it keeps my little one mesmerized watching it blink and flash its bright colored lights in sync with the music. I'd literally buy this mat for the music/light toy alone. Frankly, if anyone knows of any other good baby toys that play a light show in time to music, PLEASE, let me know!

2) I love the inclusion of the tummy time pillow. The pillow actually is perfectly sized to prop our little guy up for tummy time. This is a feat we have attempted to do with a variety of other pillows and props to make tummy time more appealing for our little guy, but none of the other things we have tried have worked. We always end up with an upset and aggravated baby, which has made getting "tummy time" in quite the struggle. Until this silly giraffe pillow came along. I wasn't even expecting to use the thing. But, we gave it a whirl since it came with, and BOOM! Just like that, tummy time was suddenly endurable for our little one. Can't believe it! This is another thing the FP mat doesn't even come with.

3) LOVE that it comes with so many attachment rings to hang the toys. Really nice to be able to adjust the height of the toys that hang and makes swapping other toys out and in much easier!

3.0 out of 5 stars Colourful but not the greatest quality, 29 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Bright Starts Spots and Stripes Safari Gym (Baby Product)
My 10wk old son adores this!, I really did my research before buying a baby gym as I wanted one that would keep my son entertained as he bores quite easily and I certainly wasn't disappointed with this one!. Un like many others that only have a few hanging toys and nothing else. This has a sensory light and music show (the music is pleasant to listen to un like alot of anoying sounding musical baby toys this one I dont actually mind listening to for hours on end!) And I like how I can take that part with me to use in the car for longer jorneys etc. My son happily giggles and coos away and is fascinated staring at the light show he enjoys playing with the hanging toys, though we did add a few soft ones of our own because he is to young for the harder teething ones it comes with at the moment. The gym itself is good quality and nicely brightly coloured. I am really happy with my choice and would recommend to anyone looking for something to entertain their baby which is sometimes a bit of a life saver when you have a demanding baby and need 20mins to yourself even if it's in the middle of the night!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Bright Starts Spots and Stripes Safari Gym (Baby Product)
Brilliant!!! I ordered this product at night and it was with me the following morning. The gym itself is excellent and extra toys can be hung from the arch. My baby is 10 weeks old and is enjoying playing on it and it gives me time to catch up on housework. I did read prior to purchase that the musical toy did not play for very long, we are talking seconds and it will be a while before baby is able to kick it on. Nevertheless, worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, colourful, perfect, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Bright Starts Spots and Stripes Safari Gym (Baby Product)
I bought this before our daughter was born, but have only taken it out since she was about 5 weeks.
The high contrast (black & white) elements are perfect to hold her attention and entertain her at this stage, and I assume the bright colours will do the same as she grows. In the meantime they look good to us :)
The light up, music playing tiger is a big hit, if slightly hypnotic. Mirror is nice sice and good quality.
Overall the mat is a great buy. It's light ans folds up small enough that it's not in the way when not in use, and when is used is perfect for the purpose.
I received a bigger much more plush playmat/gym as a gift, which got used at first. In reality the 'fancier' one was far less interesting and enjoyable to her.

Bright Starts Spots and Stripes Safari Gym