5.0 out of 5 stars A Shure Bet
One of the big questions in life is: How is it worthwhile and/or acceptable to listen to music on these.

If you love your music then give it the respect it deserves. Pay the price for a pair of headphones and rediscover/discover the true sound of your music.

That leaves you with two basic choices: in-ear or over-ear.

IE headphones are the...
Published 12 months ago by Adam Finn

2.0 out of 5 stars Great sound until they broke after 1 month
These are a great upgrade for your iPod if you save your music at lossless or highest bit rate. I say this because they will show up inferior lower quality recording levels.

The reason they do not get five stars is the fit, which takes some getting used to. Although there is a plethora of different fittings, personally I found there is not one, which fits my...
Published 18 months ago by Tony

‹ Previous | 118 19 20 21 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars soooo happy !!!, 14 Oct 2013
Its been a while since I had a decent pair earphones, I did my research and for the money I doubt you could find a better pair. Shure have always been a good quality customer service based company in my experience which i must admit had an influence on my decision to go with them. Knowing, if i did have an issue, they would work to resolve it does give me a feeling of reassurance.

For me, not being an audiophile the quality of the sound is fantastic. Im sure the 535s would be better but to my untrained ears im not sure I could distinguish what that difference was.

Sound isolation with the stock foam buds is really rather good as is comfort once you find the right size from the ones supplied. I dont get on with the rubber ones it comes with however but i that is just personal.

in short, great product great price and great customer service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sound Quality, 14 Oct 2013
S. WONG "book worm" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Cannot fault the sound quality - but found it difficult to put in - finally took 15mins to fit....hopefully with time I will learn to put them in with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly remarkable headphones!, 23 Sep 2013
michael nelson (Brighton, south coast, England) - See all my reviews
So I would like to preface this review by saying that I am not an 'audiophile' so if you are looking for information about the detailed nuances of this headphone then please read some of the other reviews on this product. I am writing this as an attempt to give you some insight into the experience of owning and using these Shure 535's on a daily basis.

Firstly some thoughts on the 'fit' of the product. As other reviewers on here have correctly pointed out, you will only achieve the best quality sound by ensuring you have a tight seal between your ear and the part of the headphone that enters the ear canal. The best way of describing the feeling of achieving this is like putting in ear plugs, almost all external sound is removed and all that is left is the music. The headphones come with a variety of tips that can be switched over in a sort of 'trial and error' approach to see what creates the best seal in your ears. I would recommend that you spend some time over this process, after all if you have purchased these you will want to get the best results out of them that you can.

Personally I find that the black foam tips provide the best 'seal' in the ear canal, outside noise is barely audible, i'm pretty certain that on a plane you would barely hear the engines with these in. The grey rubber tips are also excellent and provide a very good 'seal' but do let in slightly more ambient noise, the main benefit of the rubber tips compared to the foam is the ease of insertion and achieving a good fit.

If you are uncertain if you have achieved a good fit, then listening to the bass response is a good rule of thumb. if you have little or no bass response, then it's likely you need to keep experimenting as a good seal is required to achieve maximum bass response.

As other reviewers have pointed out, these are different to more regular headphones. If your used to the apple earphones or similar designs that don't sit in the ear canal, then these will be a very different (but revolutionary) experience for you. Whilst getting used to the fit of these earphones can take a little time, don't let that put you off buying them as you will pick up the technique in no time at all. if you also use the rubber tips on the 535's and you have had other phones in your ear canal before then you will be right at home!

The following is my guide to achieving a good fit:

With the foam tips on, place the headphones so that the cable is on your shoulders or back and the phones themselves are resting on either your left or right shoulder. Take the first phone and squeeze or roll the foam tip between your fingers so that it compresses slightly around the nozzle of the phone.

Before the foam has had time to expand back to its original size, bring the phone to your ear and as you insert the foam tip into the canal with one hand, simultaneously bring your opposite hand over the top of your head and pull the top of that ear gently upwards. For example, if you are fitting the right headphone, as you insert the headphone using your right hand, reach over your head with your left arm and gently pull the top of your right ear upwards using your left hand. Repeat for other ear.

This technique temporarily increases the size of the ear canal which the foam tip will then fill, it ensurers that as you move around, open your mouth to sing, talk or chew that the foam has completely filled the canal and movement of your jaw etc. won't break the seal.

You may need to hold the earphone in place for a couple of seconds after insertion, if your using the foam tips you will hear the sound of the foam expanding in your ear and the gradual and very satisfying eradication of outside noise. The same technique can also be used for all the other tips Shure supply and will make sure that you achieve the best possible fit and comfort. For the first few days of owning these, I would recommend carrying the case and tips around with you, sometimes what feels comfortable immediately can become quite uncomfortable after a short period of time, particularly if the foam tips you have chosen are too big for your ear canal.

So once you have achieved the fit you like, you can then enjoy the SOUND! And what beautiful sounds these make. I have previously been using Sennheiser IE6 for about 4 years now which are incredible phones and provide a great soundstage with plenty of bass. And I love bass in my music, so I have to admit, having read previous reviews about the 535's I was a little concerned that these would not live up to the IE6 in terms of bass reproduction (told you I wasn't an audiophile!). But I was proved wrong, the Shures are really dynamic and punchy and if anything, actually deliver more bass than my IE6 which is saying something. it is delivered in a different way (not quite so bombastic) but kick drums and bass lines sound fantastic.

The stereo spread or soundstage is a delight, instrument parts invisible using the IE6 have just appeared from the mix, it is so refreshing going back over my catalogue of music and picking up on new instruments and sounds that I had never heard before in really familiar songs. They somehow make vocal performances really intimate, like you are in an audience of one with the vocalist. Listen to any live vocal (for example Kurt Kobain on MTV unplugged) and it is like they are sat right next to you. I have loved every minute of owning these so far and have spent more time with them in my ears then out.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking to get the best possible sound from in ear phones. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a etymotic mc5 replacement., 6 July 2013
Loved the etymotic mc5 sound and clarity but fancied a change. These are definitely in the same ball park.

Really like the shure's cabling and is more resilient then the etymotics offering the same level of accuracy and isolation

4.0 out of 5 stars Best earphones I've ever had., 21 Jun 2013
Mr. James C. Harry (Burgess Hill, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm sure these are used more so by performers and musicians but I wanted a really good pair of earphones that drowned out my increasing hated of the general public and chavs on their (probably stolen) screeching mopeds (that they seem to think are such babe magnets) on my commute to work!

Noise isolation is very good with the foam earbuds, and sound quality is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars My dear late se215's, 9 May 2013
These were great, unfortunately the cable has now broken after much use. The build quality of these is really good, very reassuring. The sound is good, perhaps a little warm, thus effecting the detail a little, but this also enables you to listen to them for a very long time without feeling fatigued by them.
The fit and isolation of these is really rather good, this combined with there sound signature made them perfect for long train/plane journeys.
The downside to these is that the price of the replacement cable is so high I just decided to upgrade to the Sony xba3, around 40 for a cable is way too much imho when the complete headphones are costing only 30 more.
At first I thought the replaceable cable was a good thing, but its effectively a moot point for me now. I tried to solder on a new 3.5mm plug, but when cutting the cable I discovered the copper was actually really thin and it was entwined with a nylon type of chord, so it wasn't possible for me to do. I tried burning off the nylon with a lighter, but the copper was so thin that just disappeared too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sounds doesn't compensate for awkwardness, 24 Mar 2013
The sound quality and noise isolation from these earphones is excellent, but they are extremely fiddly to put on. I've got used to it now but it's still a faff and I find myself listening to less music on the move because of the rigmarole of putting them on. I wear glasses which makes the over-ear wire positioning difficult.

On the plus side, the build quality is very good, and sound reproduction is very satisfactory - on a par with my last pair of Klipsch s4i earphones, I would say.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shure SE315 Black; Bass heavy but value for money!, 18 Feb 2013
Purchasing these at the end of January I have been impressed by the overall quality, especially sound isolation. My Colleagues have to throw things at me to get my attention, often complaining that shouting won't work to get my attention!! My usual response, is 'well, what can i say, I'm locked in, and if you had earphones half as good as these, you would be too!

My gripes: 1. Well, they are bass heavy, too bass heavy, often muffling treble and middle at high volume; rarely do I have volume at full but still, the sound is isolated and I hear nothing from the outside world; next solution is to 'pay' up the range I guess but an extra 200 or so is a bit steep . 2. When using Ipod, on occasion it switches from mono to stereo, from one ear to another but most commonly right side, but by all accounts this is a known fault and all i do is just push the driver a little harder in to the socket; but with the two year warranty, get it back off to them.

My Praise: Sturdy, heavy weight kevlar lined cable; good little carry case; intelligent design to fit perfectly in the ear, just takes a few days to become accustomed, but they aren't meant for just popping out of your ear between conversations. Numerous ear buds to fit even the biggest lug hole and a handy 'wax pick' to clean them. The buds are a little deceptive and it seems that when changing them (the foam ones) you all but virtually destroy it, especially with sweaty hands, but low and behold, it reshapes itself..Great! ...also they have plasticy/rubber ones as well, but don't shape to your earhole as well.

Living in India, I can say that I have found these essential as I travel to the city centre by auto rickshaw, blocking everything out, (Traffic, barking dogs at night, e.t.c.) but as I said, what is missing is the clean treble at the top end; Great for psy trance, electronic, but a bit short on classical and clean acoustics... But, still for 130, I believe them to be excellent value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Owch, 16 Jan 2013
I love my music and have always enjoyed spending my hard worked cash on audio/visual tech. After a lot of research these earphones came out on top for best quality/price value for money and wow am I not disappointed......these things are awesome!!! At 1st tricky to fit in your ear but becomes natural after using them several times a week. Build quality is very good, they are robust and up for the job. Sooo comfortable in the ear you completely forget your wearing them, and the audio quality.....well I'm hearing sweet tunes! Noise cancelling is brilliant! I work in a workshop and can't hear 120 db rivet gun going off whilst listening to my music. 130 is a fair price for these shure 315, compared to spending 40 and buying a new set in 6-12 months because they fall apart or audio quality drops off (like most cheap earphones). I'm so glad I bought these things I will not be settling for anything less from now on!
Very happy customer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 Jan 2013
I bought these as a Christmas present for my son. He thinks the are 'just the job', as he puts it

‹ Previous | 118 19 20 21 | Next ›