5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Killer Sounds
Having not heard anything from Hard-Fi since their first album, I was intrigued to see that their third album was being released. I'm by no means a hardened fan and for some reason their second album passed me by.

Published on 22 Aug 2011 by Mr. T. S. James

1.0 out of 5 stars Not GOOD not good at all
Hard-Fi, have been dragging their feet in a lazy apathetic manner. There nothing here that makes your ears stand to attention.

Poor old Hard Fi after a platinum selling debut and a weak sophomore follow up Killer Sounds (mostly produced by singer Richard Archer); is dull as dishwater. This proves you shouldn't believe your hype.

These sounds aren't...
Published on 11 Oct 2011 by P. Frizelle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Killer Sounds, 22 Aug 2011
Mr. T. S. James (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Killer Sounds (Audio CD)

After hearing the first couple of singles from this album I decided to pre-order and I'm glad I did. This album is full of upbeat songs that are easy to get into and are quite catchy after only a couple of plays. I was going to list a few of my favourite tracks but quite frankly I'm having difficulty trying to narrow down a handful from the 11 tracks present as they are all equally as good.

In today's world of X Factor finalists and Rap artists I've become disillusioned with the music industry of today and am heavily into Indie/Rock music. Bands like Hard-Fi are the reason why I love this genre of music and they keep churning out great music, I'm surprised why so many bands aren't as successful in the music industry as a whole. I just hope people realise it and buy this album, it really is worth the money.

As a final point I just wanted to mention that I love the artwork on the album. 5 Stars all the way for me, highly recommended album if you're into your bands and like good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow Burner, 10 Dec 2011
Mr. Clive Winter "CBW" (Gloucesershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Killer Sounds (Audio CD)
I was waiting for this album , with anticipation after their first two Albums , but at first found it hard going , maybe I expected to much , the sound had change more drum and bass , but have to say ,I have grown to love the album , they still have something special , I can't identify what reminds me of The clash , The Police , a very punky urban , and somewhat seedy feel to there music not unlike The Early Pet Shop boys ,
To sum up if you buy it , give it a chance , not one bad track on it , great album

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer no fillers, 26 Oct 2011
if like me you remember fondly the early 90's BritPop explosion, you should be despairing at the bland FM/car friendly fare that pass itself as indie music these days,where are the Suede,Oasis,happy Mondays,Blur,Elastica? after an absence of 4 years, Suburban knights Hard Fi are back and it was worth the wait. While the Kings of Beige Coldplay are filling stadiums and sold out,Hard Fi have remained true to their indie roots.Killer sounds is another classic,shock full full of growling guitars,prowling drums,sing out loud anthems,sneering lyrics bursting with energy .Hard fi remains the only band whom still has the edge,the swagger,the confidence,to offer something different;no other band can mix a honky tonk piano ,a hard trance loop,a dub step beat with a new wave hook ,a reggae bass line on a Glam rock T Rex chorus and make it work.the strengh of their sound is that it is so familiar and yet remain fresh and edgy .Glam rock,the Clash,Iggy pop,Bad brains,stiff little fingers,Motorhead,70's Elton john and so many other sounds,riffs,hooks,blended expertly by music lovers.A few plays are required before it lets its greatness show,so take the time and enjoy those Killer Sounds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great set of songs from Hard Fi., 27 Jun 2013
I really like this album. I have the previous two Hard Fi albums which I think are really top class. I've now listened to this a few times and I really like it too. My favorite track is Stop, I've listened to it repeatedly quite a few times. All in all, well worth the money I've paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Killer Sounds (Audio CD)
turn your cd player on, insert disc and crank up the volume, fire in the house and love song are awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grower, 6 Jan 2013
Matthew G. Butler (california...englands dreaminng) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Killer Sounds (Audio CD)
Got to admit at first listen, I wasn't impressed. But after a few listen now loving it. Give it a few listens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it Love it Love it!!!, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: Killer Sounds (Audio CD)
Loved the new album from the first listen and it keeps growing on me. Went to see the band in Glasgow last month and have been playing Killer Sounds on a loop ever since. Fire in the House and Love Song really are....Hard to Beat! Has made me go back to their earlier albums too that I hadn't listened to in a while. Can't understand why Hard-Fi are so under-rated....they deserve to be far more successful. Here's hoping we don't have to wait so long for the next album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tunes, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Killer Sounds (Audio CD)
Great tunes. Developing nicely from their earlier albums. I would recommend it heartily to anyone who liked their previous work

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid return to form, 28 Oct 2011
M. Brown "The Deceiver" (Felixstowe, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Killer Sounds (Audio CD)
I enjoyed the first Hard-Fi album after my wife bought it and was a little disppointed with the second though it's by no means a poor album but this is a return to the quality of the first album and to some degree a further progression. It's full of catchy hooks as is customary but with one or two musical surprises along the way and while it's hardly ground-breaking, in the current climate of vapid production-line music it's good to hear something inventive, interesting and well-written.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real grower!, 28 Oct 2011
This review is from: Killer Sounds (Audio CD)
I thought this album was only average when i first listened to it. But i gave it a chance and by the 3rd listen it just gets better and better.It is now my favourite album of the year. Can't wait to hear it live it will be bouncing!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Killer Sounds
Killer Sounds by Hard-Fi (Audio CD - 2011)