5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Replaced the worn pads which came with my bike with these and what a difference.

These pads will stop your wheels dead if applied with any real pressure - be careful first time you use them!

Published on 11 Nov 2012 by Quality Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Entirely unremarkable
Published 13 months ago by David Charge

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Nov 2012
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)

By applying progressively the pads give great control and the level of confidence I have when stopping is tremendous - it's great to know that you have the braking power to go from gentle braking to locking the wheels completely.

Can't recommend these enough - no idea about wear yet or how they perform in the wet - but I suspect both will be OK and even if they were to wear quickly, at this price I wouldn't hesitate to buy the same again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
These pads will last much longer than other more expensive pads. No squeak and I feel safe riding at fast speeds downhill where I live in Snowdonia. Fantastic value of £6.80 for TWO pairs.
I find the orange colour helpful to check when the pads are going low.

5.0 out of 5 stars stopping power, 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
just replaced old pads with these. back wheel locks up and front brakes throw you over bars with very little effort( i didn't think my old pads were that bad until i replaced them with these)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 July 2013
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
Bought the cheaper blocks from amazon and had to replace them in no time at all but these have been in place for months now and still have some wear in them yet

5.0 out of 5 stars great brake pads, nice braking with these, 7 Mar 2013
S. A. Hull - See all my reviews
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
put these on my bike and now my stopping distance is a lot better in the wet weather. easy to put on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braaaakes!!!!, 28 July 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
I'm giving a bit of a revamp to my trusty old-ish Coyote road bike. It must have done several thousand miles over the years just going to work and back home daily!

I've been through many a brake block and rode with anything from 1 (dodgy as hell) to all 4 (over the handlebars we go!) working! after looking around on Amazon thought I'd give these snazzy grey and orange ones a go!

You're getting two pairs of dual compound blocks here so both wheels are sorted.

It took me around ten minutes to fit them and then a bit of cable adjustment. Virtually no screeching from the get go but after around five miles of bedding in - nothing at all.

I like the orange tips to give you a good idea of how much they're wearing down, no orange left - no brakes left!

Stopping power is brilliant and they work perfectly in the wet too!

I can definitely recommend these if you're looking for new brakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, Effective & Well Lasting, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
Having used these pads for about six months, I can now say with confidence that they are very good value for money.
They are as easy to fit as any other of this style of brake.
They are lasting well - I have only had to make one small adjustment to the cable tension in over 600 miles and they are just as good at braking as they were when first installed.
They are noise free - I have only heard a noise once when braking to a stop downhill in the rain. Of course correctly adjusted brakes are important in reducing noise, but my old brakes I'm sure would have made more noise by now.
Best of all they have saved countless unpredictable dogs, children, aliens etc. from meeting their potential fate of being squished by bycicle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entirely unremarkable, 5 Nov 2013
David Charge (Cambridge, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
I decided on new pads when I replaced my front wheel after my previous pads had worn the rim down with use. I don't know if that's what you're meant to do but it seemed like a good idea. I fixed the pads in a hurry and they squealed like banshees so I removed them, had a word with myself, and did a proper job: nicely aligned with a proper toe-in this time. No squeal and they worked...adequately. They've now had some weeks of use (12 miles a day) and they squeal when damp (silent again when properly wet) but not particularly badly and their stopping power in dry and wet conditions is perfectly normal, but nothing to write home about. I must confess these reviewers going on about locking up their wheels are a mystery to me a) why would you see that as good and b) most pads, if you jam them on hard enough will do this, it's not something to gush about. These pads are not the 2nd coming, they're just pads, buy them, I'm sure you could do a lot worse although I suspect you could also do better so don't get you hopes up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stopping power - still noisy!, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
Ok so Ive got no dispute with the fact these things have great stopping power. Although on my 700c Hybrib wheels, they screech terribly. Ive been bedding them in for over a week to no avail. Im hoping the next few miles of braking will solve this, as its very annoying approaching a junction or pedestrian every time with a high squeal :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Non squeaky, install arrows on pads, stop me well, 25 Sep 2013
S. Cunio - See all my reviews
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
Tried these as I was looking for a set of pads that would last, give me stopping power and not break the bank.

Sorting out both wheels in one go with one pack was an added little bonus.

So far, so good, excellent braking experience.

XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads