5.0 out of 5 stars Finally
The word "finally" best sums up this book and I won't go too much into the plot because everyone can read the book description above and to add more would spoil it.

Neadless to stay I read the book in one go ignoring family and the world around me. I loved this book though because for the first time I felt like Karin Slaughter really fused the characters from...
Published on 19 July 2011 by D. Phillips

3.0 out of 5 stars Karin Slaughter - Fallen
So we're back again with Sara and Will for what is essentially the 11th book in the series. Also making an appearance are Will's partner Faith and their boss Amanda, but unfortunately no Lena Adams. The story kicks off with Faith coming home expecting to find her mother Evelyn looking after Faith's daughter Emma. But what she finds is a dead man in her laundry room, her...
Published on 26 July 2011 by molko

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit!, 18 Aug 2011
The book begins explosively, you are right there involved with the situation and holding your breath from the start, when Special Agent Faith Mitchell of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation,arrives at her mother's house to pick up her baby daughter. There she finds, bodies, blood and chaos, the entire house has been torn apart and destroyed. Faith finds two men still alive in the house, however there is no sign of her mother, Evelyn, who is an x Atlanta Police Chief. With the help of Will Trent,her work partner, Dr Sarah Linton and Amanda Wagner (Will and Faiths boss), they set out to find Evelyn.

They need to figure out what has happened and why, before they have a chance to find her. There appears to be a strong drug connection with the bodies they find at the house, and there is history between Will and Evelyn, as he investigated her old drug squad and they all ended up in jail except for Evelyn herself. Will is still unsure about her innocence in this matter, and this is a potential stumbling block, however Amanda, his boss, is her best friend, but plays her cards close to her chest.

The action is fast paced, as we all try to figure out what is happening and why, the story gets more and more confusing with nothing seeming to make sense,and Will and his boss Amanda continue to clash. There is also some more personal issues going on in the background, some of which we are already aware of from previous books.

I would say that if you have read her previous books, you will not be disappointed, if you haven't, and you enjoy a good police thriller, I would highly recommend the entire series. I am certainly waiting for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent thriller..., 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: Fallen: (Will Trent / Atlanta series 5) (The Will Trent Series) (Kindle Edition)
Ms Slaughters books are just fantastic, this woman knows how to write an excellent thriller with no holds bared. Extremely violent and gory in places this is not for the fainthearted but oh so well worth it, this is what a good thriller is all about.

So engrossed in the book was I that I lost all sense of time, often reading well into the night and forgetting everything else. I love Will, Sara and Faith, they all make a good team but Will and Sara...well there's the thing....

The books blurb is on the synopsis so I won't bother with the details...get the book, read the book without delay, you will not be sorry.

Highly recommended, thank you Karin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignored my family until I finished this book, 26 Mar 2012
I confess that once I started to read this book I did not put it down until I finished. Like the previous comment I thought 'finally'.

I don't read crime books unless they are by Karin Slaughter and I have enjoyed each one.

With downloading Fallen onto my kindle I did not turn to the last few pages to find out what happened in the end so I just sat there whilst the family starved, the housework went undone until I came to the very end.

I may even re-read it.

Well done Karin and thank you for making my read worthwhile.

4.0 out of 5 stars Atlanta, Georgia and Grant County characters come together, 26 Mar 2012
Jonathan Clark "Great Black Hawk" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
First off some advice to readers new to Karin Slaughter.

This book can be read and enjoyed as standalone piece but personally I think it helps to have read her previous books in The Grant County, Atlanta and Georgia Series.

The story revolves around Faith Mitchell and her family (in particular her Mother Evelyn).

In terms of the guy assigned to solving this case it's Will Trent with a much bigger role for his boss Amanda Wagner.

Where it gets interesting is the brewing relationship between Will Trent and courtesy of The Grant County Series Sara Linton.

It starts with Agent Faith Mitchell returnimg home late from a training seminar find her four-month-old daughter locked in a lean-to shed, her mother's gun missing from the safe, and a trail of blood leading into her house.

Instinctively Faith goes into the house without radio-ing in what she's up to. Everything seems to happen in double quick time as Faith interrupts criminal proceedings and increases the bodycount by two.

Not suprisingly the shootings alert the Police and by the time they arrive, apart from dead bodies and the house is completely turned over Faith's mother has been kidnapped.

Clearly Faith needs to account for her actions which perhaps seem somewhat premature and makes her a suspect in the eyes of the Police.

Faith's partner Will Trent is brought in to try and unravel a seemingly haphazzard crime scene with no real pattern other than the suspicion that something in Evelyn Mitchell's past has caused this situation.

What ensues reveals the broad canvass of Slaughter's characters many of which are flawed in some way.

Faith is a diabetic who became pregnant as a teenager and is as stubborn as a Mule.

Will is dsylexic, is married to an a spiteful female called Angie, who treats Will like dirt but given their relationship together in a number of Children's Homes seem to have an unbreakable bond.

Amanda Wagner is a real ball-buster who does not have a feminine side and is equally tough (again sometimes spiteful) on Will Trent for what seems to be no good reason.

Dr Sara Linton is a highly intellignet woman who is also beset with some personal tragedy.

These are the main protagonists and she weaves them into this book perfectly.

The book is fast paced, tense and takes you to some dark places which include some no holds barred violence but always done in a way which is in character.

The climax of the book is well handled with Faith, and the abductor of her Mother, in an epiphanic moment.

It only fails a full 5 star as it, at times, twists and turns for no good reason but this does not take away the immense enjoyment I derived reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 July 2011
AI (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Not that any Karin Slaughter fans would need convincing but this book is fantastic. I'd recommend all her novels as they are amongst the best books I've ever read. Start at the beginning though as the story continue from book one till present. Definately a series to read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I forgot to exhale, 21 July 2011
I've read all of Karin Slaughter's books from the beginning and for me this is the best one. When Sara's husband was killed off I was absolutely gutted and couldn't understand why she did this, especially as it seemed they finally found true happiness. Now I know why (and don't laugh) but I was clapping at the end of the book. This book was so fast-paced it had me holding my breath 'til the end. Between her, Mo (Hayder) and Tess (Gerritsen) I regularly forget to breath.

It's just wonderful to see some strong women writers out there. Highly recommended, can't wait for the next one. Not too bad for the Kindle price. Nice one Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Slaughter, 10 July 2011
Karin Slaughter is one of the few authors I read in hardback, and she's always worth it. This one is vintage Slaughter, it features Will & Faith from the more recent Georgia books and Sara Linton from the excellent Grant County series. This one centres around the kidnapping of Faith's mother and right from the outset the tension is racked up to the very last as we try to figure out who is behind the kidnapping. Some parts were perhaps a little over graphic for the more delicate reader but is no real surprise for those of us who've been with Slaughter since the gruesome Kisscut. Brilliant crime fiction from one of the very finest writers in the business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
I love Karin Slaughter books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping story, 7 Jun 2014
This is the second book I have read from this author. This story keeps you interested right from the start and you get to know each character in turn. The story just flows from chapter to chapter through the book and has a powerful and also gentle conclusion.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›