5.0 out of 5 stars Think Carefully before you buy this

Published on 14 Oct 2011 by JHC

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Think Carefully before you buy this, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I am writing this review on my phone from a hospital bed. I was rushed here after collapsing from dehydration and exhaustion, after a 72 hour stretch of playing this game without pause. If i am fated to die, i will do so smiling from ear to ear, with the calmness of an ocean breeze, knowing that i have cleaned my digital streets and banished forever, the spectre of chewing gum from my dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expansion pack now available-a must have!, 8 Oct 2011
This review is from: Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) (Video Game)
With the new expansion pack you can now be a virtual litter lout! Roam the streets throwing cans of "Special Brew" into the road followed by aiming your projectile vomit all over the pavements. Drive your Citroen Saxo around city streets throwing your McLitter out of the window. There is even on online multiplayer option where you can pit your wits against the sharpest streetsweeper operatives from all over the world as you clutter the streets. The scenarios are endless!

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfies a pro, and that's saying something real, 24 July 2011
This review is from: Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) (Video Game)
So I just got off a 4 day stint, working real hard cleaning the streets of Detroit of all its impurities. That's right, I'm an honest trash man. It's me you can thank for keeping Motor City a place that all of America can look up to. And when the day is done, what better way to spend my time than brushing up on the skills in a co-op game with my good buddy Russ. Now look, I don't want you all to get the wrong idea here. See, I don't always play simulators. Just ain't my thing. But Street Cleaning Simulator is just... different. The refuse animation engine they've got doing all the backend work is just about photo realistic. You can practically smell the streets, that's just how real it is. Does something for me. The boys at Central say there's talk of adding a couple Scania P270 side-loaders to our collection, come September, maybe sooner. First time I unlocked the P270, the little fuzzies all stood up. You know, the ones on the back of the neck. They all stood up at once - really was some feeling. Take it from a Pro, this here is more than just some simulator. It is a gateway to a way of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game, 9 Oct 2011
This review is from: Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This is one of the best games currently on the market. An adrenaline-pumped adventure into the unknown unlike any other! Games like Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and MW3 will be hard pressed to beat this game for Game of the Year 2011.

Part of what makes this so spectacular is how unpredictable it is. When rounding a corner, you feel the tension as to what happens next. Will there be gum on the floor? Will a burger have been dropped? Has someone left a newspaper by the curb? I sometimes had to put the game down and go for a walk to calm myself. With such impressive and articulate missions such as "Clean the curb on Anderson street" and "Clean the curb in Market Way", it is obvious as to why you would play this game for hours at a time. On the mission "Clean the curb in Chinatown" there was a major plot twist - (WARNING: SPOILERS) there was actually different types of litter than in the rest of the game! Huge easter eggs like this make te game so worth it.

The only downside is that the street cleaners sometimes go so fast they make you feel sick. If you go up to the maximum speed of 6mph then you can get a bit queesy as the world hurtled by in a blur.

Can't wait for the sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why was this not game of the year 2011?, 4 Feb 2012
This review is from: Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This game blew me away! I was unsatisfied with Skyrim, I knew that there simply had to be a better quality game out there, well, I stumbled upon this and let e tell you, it is a masterpiece. Every aspect of this game is perfect! The story is deep, controls slick and responsive, and the graphics are easily some of the best I have ever seen! I highly reccomend this game to anybody who considers themselves a gamer.

5.0 out of 5 stars one word...Intense!, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) (Video Game)
i used to waste my time on games like Modern warfare, battlefield, or sports games such as fifa or F1 but when i started playing this game i knew i would never look back. Nothing could match the excitement! I never knew there was so much fun and sheer enjoyment to be had from cleaning up peoples litter they have so carelessly thrown on the floor. i like to pretend that cans, newspaper and gum are my enemies and i am some kind of hero (like a dragon slayer), who will no doubt save the day and rid the streets from rubbish.
It is just so satisfying when you clear a level, i guess its the same enjoyment expressed on my mums face when she clears up after me, although a Dyson isn't as satisfying as a Schmidt Swingo 250 Road Sweeper i can still see how making cleaning a personal challenge so be so rewarding and detoxifying after playing this game.
After a hard days work i often sit with some cheese and wine while cleaning the virtual streets. I have become so passionate about this game that i am considering a career change, my dream would be to clear the streets after a Saturday night. imagine ridding the streets of McDonalds containers and left over food, mixed in piss and other bodily fluids ....... heaven!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweeping Erotica, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I'm have lost my wife, mistress, home and job to this game. But none of them, would I trade to continue my love of sweeping the open digital world.

I still get nervous when i finish a sweeping shift and have to carefully remove the dirt container. It is still as exiting now as it was when I first purchased this culturally defining game. With no job to go to I now wake up with more sweeping time, and with now living in a shed I have less time away from the game to wash, clean, sleep as my shed has limited walking distance.

Basically this game has made my life much more fulfilled. Many people turn to religion when times are bad. I disagree completely... Street Cleaning Simulator is a life enhancer.

There is only one area I still have not completed successfully! That is cleaning the 'Haverton Hill Hotel' Carpark. Only time and dedication to this arduous task will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking and exhilarating from start to finish, 24 July 2011
This review is from: Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I don't even know where to begin. I've spent over 80 hours with this masterpiece of a simulator and can't wait for any upcoming DLC. You have been chosen by the mayor himself to carry a very important duty: To clean the streets of your city on your own. Having being entrusted to this vital task, I could not let the citizens down. You can feel the tension of your responsibilities as you drive down the streets with your cleaning vehicle. You have to act fast because of the time limit the mayor has imposed upon you. There is nothing more rewarding than to have removed a big, nasty piece of gum that was stuck on the sidewalk for years. This requires so much skill and technique that the gameplay just simply feels rewarding. In order to remove this gum correctly with minimum public damage, you'll have to pick your tools and cleaning chemicals carefully and accordingly. And you also need to take heed to pedestrians and traffic. It can become micro-intensive at times, but it is still fun. But it is possible to grind for the best street cleaning vehicle (the iExtreme Cleaner 2000) in the game, which can clean everything. So that one is a bit overpowered.

The deeper you go into the game, the more fulfilling tasks you are assigned, such as removing bird litter from statues, picking up trash and removing graffiti. I can't stress enough this feeling of having made a difference to the city. The recent patch has allowed for online co-op play, which is even better than the single player-experience. The coordination of cleaning has never been better. I implore you to buy this gem of a game, or at least try the demo of it. Astragon Software is quickly becoming one of my top developers!

1.0 out of 5 stars not very accurate, 14 Oct 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) (Video Game)
As a profesional street cleaner myself I don't regard this "Simulator" as a very accurate "simulation", in this game it is possible to do things that a Professional Srteet Cleaner would never get away with, for example you can DRIVE OVER people, you can't do that in real life. I did it once in real life but I was sevrely told of for it, it never went to court though becaue the woman died and there was no witnesses so I kept my job. My point is in this game I was running over people left and right with lots of people looking, they just disappeard, there wasn't even any bodies and I didn't get in trouble for it. Not really a "Simulator" then is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindblowing experience, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I dont normally review, but like so many others I just felt I should take time to review this simply outstanding game, surely one of the greatest achievements of our time.

I get so in to this game that I forget to go to work and pick up the kids, but it doesnt matter - when I catch a piece of gum it is such a buzz.

I literally play for 50 hours straight, and I once caught 4 pieces of gum in like 2.4 seconds, it was amazing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD)
Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD) by Excalibur Video games publishing (Windows Vista / XP)