Format: DVD|Change

on 3 January 2015
Great story, fast paced and kept my attention throughout.
on 8 March 2016
Very happy with the product & service provided thank`s.
on 25 December 2014
Fantastic! Great quality item and super fast shipping!
on 29 November 2014
Good DVD for motivational purposes.
Alex skinner
on 16 January 2012
The overall concept of a man about to hit rock bottom chancing on something which turns his life around for the better is fairly formulaic Hollywood fare. What makes this film different is the content - an untried, untested drug which is the saviour of Edward Morro.

The film follows Eddie in his rejuvenation from close to down and out to amazing success in a matter of days. From this point of view the film is effective. However, the overall product is flawed in my view, as direction and production becomes lazy and uninspired.

Firstly the film begins in the middle. My worst nightmare. Would I pick up a 400 page novel, turn to page 212 and read 2 pages, then return to the start? No, I would not. So why do directors decide this is a great way to start a film. Eddie Morro standing on the edge of a building - will he jump? Will he heck, because by the time the subtitle comes on and starts the action '3 days earlier' you know you've started in the middle. For me, this is a vehicle used by directors who know the first half of the film is not strong enough to keep you occupied until the rough bits start in the middle. Examples - Let Me In, Skyline.

Secondly, narration. I don't want narration in a film. If directors are creative enough, and the actors expressive enough they can portray character and drama through moving image. If I want narrative, I might as well pick up a book. Lazy, lazy, lazy. I don't need to be told by a voice over that the character is walking down a street thinking about what he can have for dinner. Show him walking into a cafe and studying the menu for God's sake. I want my mind stimulated during a movie, not my hand held...(exceptions will occur to this!).

Too many loose ends are not tied up. Hotel room murder - well? Are we just going to forget about that? The director did! Eddie did! Ok so there is a tiny tremor as it is looked into, but do we find out more? Nope.

All in all, interesting concept, could have been a lot better. Maybe we'll get a director's cut Blade Runner Style to extract the narration and tie up loose ends.
77 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2015
Loved this film and the new TV show is also awesome.
on 2 December 2015
Good film but have to keep track of what's going on!
on 7 April 2015
Great Item, Super fast delivery and fantastic price.
on 29 March 2015
Excellent movie. Immediate access! Just great!
on 4 August 2014
Brilliant film, could watch this over and over