4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, steep learning curve
I had read good things about Movie Studio 11 and decided to try it for myself. It lived up to my hopes and I'd strongly recommend it.

There are several versions. Take a look at Sony's product comparison page before deciding which is right for you, although Platinum is probably the right balance for most users: [...]

Vegas isn't the easiest video...
Published on 11 Aug 2011 by Mr Gumby

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but let down by DVD Architect Studio
My first project:
I used Sony Vegas 11 to convert my videos to the recommended inbuilt "DVD Architect Studio" mpeg2 format, create transitions etc.
Then I created all my menus, titles and submenus in "DVD Architect Studio 5" format.
Finally "make DVD" to burn and get "The file is an unsupported format"!
So I tried various other formats including AVI,...
Published on 18 Sep 2011 by Open Source hobbyist

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So far...So good., 2 May 2012
This review is from: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) (Software)
So usually i create, edit and mix music rather than videos but have been over the last few years shooting home tv programmes with a friend who loves to direct so we have been collaberating on some home projects, really we felt as though we wanted to take a step up from Windows Movie Maker and took the step to bag a bargin from Amazon and for a cheap price got this. I know i am very keen to review only after about a week, but i'm sure i will come back later and do a further review to back this one up.

Yes this is a better way forward than windows Movie Maker, but still there are some very basic FX's here (i am aware you can download add-ons), but from the basic pallet over all the software is ok, haven't yet had chance to use that DVD making software that comes with this (Bonus addition!) so can't really comment too much on that.

But as for the software it's self it requires a very good graphics card (i have to preview it in half quality) but rendering a short portion can give you an idea of each effect.

Quality: 9/10
Ease Of Use: 8/10 (New comers will need to learn some bits first, although not too daunting)
Fun Factor: 10/10
Overall Product: 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good product at a great price!, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) (Software)
I have used a wide range of different video editors and whilst I cannot say that this is the best I have ever used, it is very close. For a fraction of the cost of a professional package like Final Cut or Premiere Pro you can do high quality video editing quickly and easily.

There are a few curiosities when you first get started but once you learn it's idiosyncrasies it really is a fun and easy to use program.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 11 Mar 2012
This review is from: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) (Software)
This software can do amazing things so it is worth persevering with the learning curve until you reach the level you are aiming for. It has never failed to produce excellent results in the two years that I have been using it and can be used up to professional level. And all for twenty five pounds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing deal for the money, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) (Software)
It's a powerful video editor. It costs less than 30 (was 19 for me at the Black Friday sale). There isn't much more that needs to be said after that.

Oh, it has its flaws, such as the interface sometimes being somewhat labyrinthine (1), and just a tad of format lock-in (2), but those are easily offset by the fact that the free competition is lagging so much behind, and the paid competition is so much more expensive, even if it offers more (3).

All in all, a great product at an amazing price. :)

(1) Say you, for some reason, want to make a vertical video for a smartphone (480x800). You'd need to choose Render... -> edit an existing template -> change the resolution -> click save. That would not remove the template you modified, but would create this one. This ought to be easier to do.

(2) It really wants you to use non-standard Sony formats. However, those are also well supported elsewhere.

(3) At least I think it might. At any rate, Vegas does everything I need it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good Software, 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) (Software)
I wasn't sure if this software would do what I needed as I'm an animator using Blender and therefore need the software to import a sequence of png images and use these as the frames for the output of the video. The software does this very well and imports the image sequence and uses the images at the frame rate set for the movie output. The range of formats for movie output is also extensive, including settings optimised for HD movies to be uploaded to YouTube. I have been impressed by the stability of the program and the amount of control you have over translation and scaling of movie sequences. The software uses keyframes for you to control the animation of text and movie sequences so you can, for example, have picture in picture effects just the way you want them. It is one of those pieces of software which can be used by relatively inexperienced users but has lots of features for advanced users there as well. There are video tutorials available on the Sony Creative Software site (under training)and lots of videos made by users on YouTube, so you can get plenty of help to learn how to use the program. Overall very good software.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent .. i just got the wrong version, 12 Dec 2011
Ian Beckett - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) (Software)
excellent product .. best movie editor i have used .. though i have to say i would prefer the simple free windows live movie maker if it allowed import and export of differing formats other than damned wmv as that would have done for 75% of the things i use it for ;-)

i did make a mistake however i should have got the next version up for a tenner extra which included soundforge :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) (Software)
I was very happy with this product and was great value - simple and intuitive video editing with great results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Choices., 3 Aug 2011
M. Massey - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) (Software)
I bought this software because it was recomended in a mag. The trouble is everything you do has a lot of choices to make, this would be great for a professional but as a new user of HD it is impossible to know which settings are best. It has good tutorials but you still need to know which choice to make. An example is frame rate recomended for projects of 24P yet my new sony camcorder only has settings of 50I or 50P & records in AVCHD no use for blue ray ( I think) so what to change it too. My head hurts!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great..., 17 Nov 2011
This review is from: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) (Software)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used many different brands of editing software over the past 10 years and Sony have come up with a good package here. The interface is not standard and takes some getting used to, but it has it's advantages in speed and ease of use. Installation was quick and problem free (Win 7 64-bit / 8GB / latest GPU + SSD) and I didn't encounter any bugs during use. The main problem I had is that despite what it says in the specifications it was unable to handle 1080p/24 footage from my Canon SLR. My system slowed to a crawl and the rendered result was jerky even when played back on a 24hz TV. I think this is a codec problem but it really shouldn't exist on a product like this that claims to handle the latest HD formats natively.

I would recommend you check forums to make sure it can truly handle your HD material before purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional results for a fantastic price!, 4 Aug 2011
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) (Software)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Length:: 0:16 Mins

** This review is based on the product running on my computer with specifications of; Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, with 2GB RAM & a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 5000+ 2.61GHz. **

After the easy & surprisingly fast instillation I was more than keen to start up this software, but upon the first glimpse of the interface my initial thoughts were that this software looks really dull compared to other video editing software's I've used, some extra colour would be nice, but I think that's just really down to personal preference.

Upon startup you will be greeted with a pop-up that gives you the quick chance to select between starting a new project or an option to go through some tutorials, if you have used video software before then doing basic things should be easy for you, however if you're new to these kind of software's or are wanting a bit more advance advice then I would recommending you click on the tutorial.

Although the interface lacks in colour, it doesn't lack in simplicity, navigating through this program was a lot easier than I initially thought it would be and doing things I wanted didn't take that long either.

This software has a lot to offer from many different transition effects as well as really useful tools like the 'Chroma Keyer', which for those who don't know lets you put videos over green screens.

As for rendering your clip/movie into a final video file, you are spoilt for choice for what format and size ratio you would like it to be, which for me is great.

A really nice extra you get which you can find by searching through the files on the disk, is some royalty free music that you can use in your videos without the hassle of copyright, although it may not be a huge selection of songs, I can see some of them being useful in specific projects.

I have uploaded a video which shows a clip I made using this Sony Vegas program, I used a pre-made green screen video which I then used the 'Chroma Keyer' tool to add in my logo and remove the green panel, I then used sound effects which I had to put on at the precise time for it to go well with the video. This is just a small example of what you can do with this amazing software.

I just couldn't give this program any less than top marks!

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC)
Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC) by Sony Creative Software (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
29.99