on 7 September 2011
We purchased this car seat for our 8 month old daughter as she is very big and needed to move out of her carry-type car seat. We chose this one after much research and decided that it would be a good investment as it would see her right through to the age of twelve. Also the 'Which' and other independent reviews were saying that this car seat is a good buy. We have been using it for over two months now and have not been disappointed; as you use the car seat belt to secure your child, there is no installation and putting my daughter in and taking her out of the car is really easy and takes no time at all. I have driven my friend and her baby in my car before and was shocked that it took a good ten minutes to correctly install her britax car seat in my car! Also in her car seat the straps need adjusting when your child has a thick jumper/coat/thin clothing/every time they grow. With the Kiddy car seat you just pop the impact shield over the babys lap and attach the adult seat belt over the front and away you go.

I was a little concerned before we purchased it that it would get too hot for my daughter with the shield on her lap but she always seems quite comfortable, even in hot weather. There is a handy piece of elastic on the front of the shield for attaching toys to the seat, so baby can't drop them. Also great for when grandparents need to use the car seat as it's so simple to use.

Probably the only downsides are that the seat can only be reclined when the child isn't in it, and there is only one recline position. Having said this, if my daughter falls asleep and the seat is upright she always looks quite comfy sleeping with her head resting on the impact shield! Also some of the piping on the seat and impact shield is looking a little tatty - although this is probably from toys catching on it.

I have already had to adjust the seat to make it larger a couple of times - this is really simple; by using a lever at the back of the seat the sides and top move outwards and upwards at the same time.

I would certainly reccomend this car seat.
on 11 January 2014
Daughter was 9 months when started to use, was overwhelmed with front brace at first due to it over powering size compared to her... However persevere as after 12 months she now loves it and taps on the brace. Easy to pick up and put in any car, quick and easy to fasten, however have to set the seat slant position before seat belt fastening which is a pain if on the motorway as cannot put in laid back sleep position if adult is next to her in the back seat. Saying that much prefer to any one else's car seat I have seen so only can recommend.