4.0 out of 5 stars Syma S109G Apache Helicopter 3.5 ch
After the Initial few crashes it became quite easy to fly and fun. I would recommend the model and how do they do it for the price
Published 18 months ago by Mr. R. J. Walsh

2.0 out of 5 stars Was good till it lasted...
I bought this toy for my 6 year son, it was good fun and I found it easier to use than expected, to the point that my son took over the controls almost immediately.
Published on 2 April 2012 by Alex

4.0 out of 5 stars Syma S109G Apache Helicopter 3.5 ch, 2 Nov. 2013
Mr. R. J. Walsh (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Syma S109G Apache helicopter 3.5 channel -- New Version. (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Wean, 24 Feb. 2013
D. Robertson - See all my reviews
I bought this after reading other reviews and it arrived quickly and well packaged. Although I've had this item for a long time now, I still play with it every week. Very easy to control, even from the start, and I plan to move onto an outdoor model next summer. Highly recommended no matter what age you are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - seems faster than the s107G!, 22 Sept. 2011
Milkoos (Lincoln, UK) - See all my reviews
Just recently tried out the current generation of micro helis and I am still fascinated and amazed how far things have moved on since I first saw a Picooz a few years back. I never quite got the hang of the first generation of heli's. They always ended up being a too much trouble and not much control to be properly fun - I think I stopped bothering to recharge mine after the 2nd day.
The latest generation are on a completely different level in my opinion - the weight, balance and the stability make these unbelievably easy and amazing to fly. They can't roll yet, but the way they look and behave like a scaled down helicopter caught me by surprise.

I've had this particular model a couple of days now and it is fantastic. It's a little heavier than the S107G although this means greater momentum - and transition from hover to flight is quicker. It seems more precise and responsive in yaw turns and you can stop it on a pinhead with practice. Low-level flight in, around and over a cluttered desk is a wonderful distraction.
The battery life seems about the same as the S107G (8-10 minutes/ 45 min charge).

I will probably end up with more of these to break up the wait time between charges because they are a joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun for a few quid, 26 Sept. 2013
A great toy and easy to get the hang of , the cats love it too :-) . Best to be used inside as the slightest breeze and its off but still very controllable ,Don't hit the ceiling when flying as I found this to be the worst sort of crash as it comes down like a bad tempered daddy longlegs . Recharge off a USB or it will eat batteries , great toy I love it .

Alan 46.5 yrs old :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars syma 109g, 23 Jan. 2013
You do not have to charge up syma helicopters from a computer or the handset. You can buy a mains USB adapter from amazon for £2.99. Fit the USB into this and plug into mains

5.0 out of 5 stars Micro wonder, 28 Nov. 2011
Length:: 0:17 Mins

Very good helicopter. It says on the box 14+ but my 8yrs boy controls it very good. It hovers wonderful,you can land it anywhere you want with a little practice and some space. I wish the battery lasts a little longer but hey,it's a a micro heli.
5 stars overall. Be sure it is a genuine Syma,look at the package. Mine was ok, purchased it from Comceh.

Edit: withstood at least 5 crashes from 1meter height till now :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Was good till it lasted..., 2 April 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Unfortunately it lasted only a couple of days, from day one I could hear the electric motor over-spinning if accelerating too briskly, resulting in the copter loosing altitude due to lack of lift. This problem deteriorated significantly in just a couple of days to the point that it now struggles to even take off, despite being very gentle with the throttle. A real shame as it was really fun till it lasted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Syma S109G Apache RC Remote Control Helicopter - SYMA helicopters rock and this one is no exception!, 31 Dec. 2014
RatherLiveInKeyWest (Central Virginia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Our son has been SYMA helicopter crazy for at least the last four years; new choppers have been delivered each Christmas and birthday (to his continued delight). He has S107Gs in yellow, blue and red, the USCG S111G, the Blackhawk S102G, the Apache S109G, the Chinook S026G and maybe a couple other non-SYMA craft too...

While he totally enjoys them all, he recommends the S107G or S111G for first time pilots who could then graduate to the cool looking Apache S109G, the hyperactive S108G or the unique Chinook. When pressed, he admits that the Apache S109G is his favorite to make a 'strafing run' down the hall after his sister...

In our humble opinion, these SYMA mini copters are tough. They are made for indoor use and they get crash landed on stairs, against walls, on kitchen tables, against mantles... even run over by a golden retriever... but they keep on going. More often than not, we misplace a USB charging cord or wear out the hand-held remote transmitter controls before the copter ever fails.

From a parent's perspective, the price-to-fun ratio of these helicopters is absolutely FANTASTIC. They are almost as much fun to watch as they are to fly. Keep 'em coming; we look forward to new models.

Bottom line -- we frequently recommend SYMA helicopters to others and they are our typical birthday party gift (even for a few fun natured adults!) Get one, get hooked, and then keep your fleet well maintained! Have fun!

Highly recommended.

Go for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars It has broken down already and the service I recieved was bad enough the helecoptor barely used is not working, 4 Jan. 2015
Had it less than 2 weeks. Had to wait even longer for it. It has broken down already and the service I recieved was bad enough the helecoptor barely used is not working. I would not reccomend this at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Have used a few times so far and its brilliant. Accurate in flight and seems pretty robust after ..., 17 Feb. 2015
Arrived quickly and packaged well. Have used a few times so far and its brilliant. Accurate in flight and seems pretty robust after taking quite a few knocks already. Lights are very bright and its fun to fly in the dark once your used to the controls. 4 Channel one on order next to have more fun. I would recommend this product for anyone its nothing like the toys I had when I was a child this actually flies, brilliant.