‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a defiant child this book is an absolute must read!, 25 Feb 2013
I wish I could have read this book 10 years ago when my son was 6, but at 16 it is still invaluable! If like me you have tried every trick possible and no matter how many star charts, or reward strategies you've done, quiet talks where you've tried to get him/her to understand their unacceptable behaviour, and you still have a defiant child ruling the roost - you need to read this book. It has helped my family beyond my wildest dreams - the best 10 I've ever spent! It is not a cure, but we have at long last a peaceful house, and to anyone with a defiant child that is a luxury you would give anything for. More importantly I understand my son, and he has become a happier person!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very thought Provoking and motivating Read, 23 Feb 2014
This book is a must-have for parents with a child who is a real challenge! I never thought parenting would be easy but nor did I expect the challenges and opportunities it presents for both the parent and child. This book has helped me get back on-track to being a strong positive teacher / role model and guide/lead for my child. We can now work together with respect and love. I kind of knew all of what it tellls me but hearing it from the horses mouth coupled with the real-life eg's has made me feel less alone, and able to relate to my child, and myself. Happy Mum! Thank you Sir :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very True In Facts & Statements, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: 10 Days to a Less Defiant Child: The Breakthrough Program for Overcoming Your Child's Difficult Behavior (Kindle Edition)
Very True In Facts & Statements and opens your mind as the parent and helps you understand your child better, our son has ODD and whilst it tells us and confirms what we thought or already knew, this book will help you understand where you and or your child is with defiance.

There is no quick fix and this book does not promise that, only you and your situation can be managed by those in the home or family, this book will help the parent to realise where they may be going wrong, help you to choose your wording and approach when dealing with situation and or preventing escalation.

You already know that any help is welcome, so get this have a read, you will relate to some sections....

4.0 out of 5 stars great help, 11 April 2013
Really helpful, would definitely recommend. Gave me lot's to think about and advice and support is reaffirmed all the way through the book. I saw positive changes immediately on attempting some.of the techniques.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›